International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Anyone heading to Clonshaugh tonight?
    i am going and so is outspoken!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    i am going and so is outspoken!
    FFS...

See you there!
    Sporting F*ck All!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Lost 2-1. Both Bohs goals came from crosses, very soft. In the 2 games I’ve seen us we look weak in the FB positions. Tristan got took to the cleaners last night against a very sharp Bohs side. Verdon’s goal was a beauty, he’s going to be our main man. Meenan looked sharp but my God he’s got some short fuse. Expect a few reds this season. Young Dean Byrne impressed me but we are really lacking a goal scorer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Lost 2-1. Both Bohs goals came from crosses, very soft. In the 2 games I’ve seen us we look weak in the FB positions. Tristan got took to the cleaners last night against a very sharp Bohs side. Verdon’s goal was a beauty, he’s going to be our main man. Meenan looked sharp but my God he’s got some short fuse. Expect a few reds this season. Young Dean Byrne impressed me but we are really lacking a goal scorer.
    I was very impressed with Bohs last night. They are going to do well this year I think.

Tristan didn't look sharp at all last night. Sam Verdon was easily our best player on the pitch. Peter Hopkins looked sharp and fast when he came on as sub.
    We have to get a proper striker otherwise I think Sam Verdon will be our top scorer this coming season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    see on twitter that Newbridge Towns Mick McDonnell has signed for us. Source:Paul Perth twitter.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Saw that. Not sure where he plays but I think it may be midfield according to a couple of reports from Google.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Disappointed to hear we'll not be signing anyone else, we're light up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Ah lads we’ve near a striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Dylan McGlade back? Black hair this time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    First time seeing us last night. While Newbridge were decent, it's probably not worth taking anything too seriously, bigger tests lie ahead etc. In saying that, I was impressed with the McDonnell chap who we got off Newbridge. Big centre half who can play. Won everything in the air too. RB Elworthy looked decent too, especially going forward. Peter Hopkins looked sharp on the right, had the beating of their left full. Thought Dean Byrne looked seriously sharp when he came on up top for the last 30/35 mins or so. Some lovely touches and link play, and won and scored the winning pen. Again, hard to get too over excited given the opposition but I'd be hopeful he could be a gem that Fenn has unearthed if he keeps that sort of performance up. As for McGlade being back, he still doesn't know how to pass a ball and would rather beat a man 4 times before doing nothing at the end of it than just beat him once and pass/cross.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    McDonnell looks strong alright, legs like tree trunks. Him and Dan O'Reilly could form a good CB partnership. Kehoe looked good against Limerick and could get in ahead of Tristan. Shane O'Connor looked like he was carrying a few extra pounds in Limerick game. I heard he's training mainly on his own as he's based down south. He arrived up too late for the team photo which is just shoddy. But, hopefully he can continue his form from last year. I think we'll get the most out of Meenan if he's playing in a more central role, but Fenn might have to keep him out wide. Verdon like to roam as he can come too deep at times which he'll have to cut out. Otherwise Mulhall will be completely isolated.

Here's to a solid start to the season unlike last year's dross. I do think we've been unlucky with having Harps, Shels and Galway away twice. It really means we need to be chalking up the home wins regularly, starting Saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    has Dylan McGlade signed for us again does anyone know?That was a surprise that he was playing the other night. I was impressed with McDonnell in Ashbourne.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    McDonnell looks strong alright, legs like tree trunks. Him and Dan O'Reilly could form a good CB partnership. Kehoe looked good against Limerick and could get in ahead of Tristan. Shane O'Connor looked like he was carrying a few extra pounds in Limerick game. I heard he's training mainly on his own as he's based down south. He arrived up too late for the team photo which is just shoddy. But, hopefully he can continue his form from last year. I think we'll get the most out of Meenan if he's playing in a more central role, but Fenn might have to keep him out wide. Verdon like to roam as he can come too deep at times which he'll have to cut out. Otherwise Mulhall will be completely isolated.
    Kehoe didn't play in Newbridge but I liked the look of him at the back end of last season. As much as I want to see Tristan doing well, I think he's a bit of a liability at LB and offers next to nothing going forward. Haven't seen him really play CB before but could turn out to be the position for him long term I reckon. O'Connor looked off the pace for the 60 mins or so he played the other night. Hopefully he can get back to somewhere like last years form. I'd agree about Verdon too, he's playing 10 but at one stage ended up at CB picking the ball up the other night. Mulhall left all alone with nobody near him. I think Verdon's decent but needs to be more disciplined positionally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    100% agree that Tristan should be used as a CB. Kehoe is one of the quickest full backs about I really like him and I think he’ll start the season. Who played in nets the other night? Personally feel Jack has been a little off his game in pre season but definitely has he ability. Kelly drops fierce easy ones for a big man at times. I think Verdon is our key this season. In the first 4 pre season games I saw I actually thought Meenan didn’t stay wide enough he was coming deep to get on it and was getting frustrated when he didn’t receive it. Haven’t been impressed with O’Connor but hopefully he can get fit and firing. Byrne looks a tidy little player. Loads of potential in this team but might take time to gel. It’s a brand new team really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    So tonight’s the night. I’d expect us to line up 433 with
    Brady
    A.O’Connor Elworthy O’Reilly Kehoe
    Verdon Zambra S.O’Connor
    Meenan Mulhall Hopkins

Slightly worried about Zambra in centre mid, doesn’t seem to have the legs to get around but hopefully o’Connor will stick close by and we can snuff Cobh out. If our front players click we will beat most sides but defensively we are a new side from last season so that’s always a worry.

Anyone that’s thirsty before the game call into Milos, Section O meet up from 4pm on. Cmon de Town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post

Here's to a solid start to the season unlike last year's dross. I do think we've been unlucky with having Harps, Shels and Galway away twice. It really means we need to be chalking up the home wins regularly, starting Saturday.
    Is OConnor not based in Dublin working full time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Thought there would be more on here about that performance on Saturday.
    First half was fine, but really disappointed by some. I really like Verdon, I think he is a great player, and will get better, but I thought he was poor on Saturday. Some poor touches and passes made me wonder why it wasn't him taken off instead of Meenan, who I thought played well.
    Whoever it was who played right back was horrendous. Really poor positioning, passing and his longer passing was woeful.
    Really disappointed with the result, and how we threw it away. The decision-making needs improvement across the board.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Thought there would be more on here about that performance on Saturday.
    First half was fine, but really disappointed by some. I really like Verdon, I think he is a great player, and will get better, but I thought he was poor on Saturday. Some poor touches and passes made me wonder why it wasn't him taken off instead of Meenan, who I thought played well.
    Whoever it was who played right back was horrendous. Really poor positioning, passing and his longer passing was woeful.
    Really disappointed with the result, and how we threw it away. The decision-making needs improvement across the board.
    Elworthy was the RB and yes he was awful, as he was in pre season but at CB for most of it. No A.O’Connor in squad on Saturday, must be injured, hel surely start over Elworthy when fit, not that he was much better in Pre season.

I thought we were decent first half but Fenn thought we were poor, love how honest he is. Two soft goals but hopefully we learn from that. Would’ve taken a point before game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    theres so much uncertainty with my work life these days I don't have time to think!
    I thought we were superb first half but very poor second half. Love the fact that Stephne Roche claims credit for Dean Zambras goal. after all its his first ever for us! we dropped pace loads in second half and dropped more and more back..

thought that initiative to get the schoolkids out was brilliant. I brought my nephew to the players tunnel at full time and Daire Doyle recognised him from his visit to Melview NS and was simply superb with him. I think Kyle will go to more matches this time. He for some reason still thinks Davy is still playing so I will have to explain to him some day..

I am glad I went to the game as I wasn't well exactly a week before hand and wish to thank all the lads that wished me well on twitter and facebook.. It perked me hugely and I should resume normal service in two weeks time in doing stuff for the programme.

There are a few new faces in the match programme since the last week anyone know much about them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    theres so much uncertainty with my work life these days I don't have time to think!
    I thought we were superb first half but very poor second half. Love the fact that Stephne Roche claims credit for Dean Zambras goal. after all its his first ever for us! we dropped pace loads in second half and dropped more and more back..

thought that initiative to get the schoolkids out was brilliant. I brought my nephew to the players tunnel at full time and Daire Doyle recognised him from his visit to Melview NS and was simply superb with him. I think Kyle will go to more matches this time. He for some reason still thinks Davy is still playing so I will have to explain to him some day..

I am glad I went to the game as I wasn't well exactly a week before hand and wish to thank all the lads that wished me well on twitter and facebook.. It perked me hugely and I should resume normal service in two weeks time in doing stuff for the programme.

There are a few new faces in the match programme since the last week anyone know much about them?
    I think Zambra scored last season? Could be wrong tho. As for the match programme Andrew Dempsey is one of the new contributors, he works for extratime and Between the Stripes. Lovely fella

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast