Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galway (Home)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Written analysis of the game here: Troubled Tribesmen pay for Keegan’s back-three obsession

After-the-whistle video analysis, featuring Noel O'Connor, here, also.

Finally, thanks to those of you who tuned into us on Limerick Soccer Live last night.
    Like the Mean Girl references. Spot on with Galway's defensive direction. Don't think MacDonald has been justified though, squeezed to survival with one game to go by way of some undeserved draws recently. His clear out calls were brave for sure but also stupid. POC should have been kept. One knock to Bastien and we were relegated. Major surgery needed as you say but will the owners show the budget/commitment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I'd take Devaney...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldofmarkets View Post
    Who would you take?
    I'd personally take Folan and Murray but we have no hope of getting Murray. The only one of the 3 I was told lastnight that I can mention is Folan cos that is out there anyway the other 2 I would be happy with one and haven't seen enough of the other.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Folan is definitely better than when he left us. Considering Whitehead has improved every year and DOC is solid, I wouldn't spend too much to acquire him. He has experience in the middle of a back three though. Macdonald also likes a back 3 so you could see him in with Whitehead on the right and DOC on the left.
    Devaney also decent.
    Anyway, hope they stay up and Sligo or Especially Pats go down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Vultures....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    IT could have gone horrible wrong last night,it didnt with the obvious help of a bit of luck.opinions on Neils decision to off load our mature toyboys are still at fiesty levels i see,if we propose to aspire towards a highly regarded professional outfit his actions are to be applauded and respected,not only brave but necessary in the long run not that i expect him to be around to carry those values foward in any case.As for Galway i regret to say i hope they go down,to appoint a character who showed no football morality given his previous incarnation leaves them and Keegan [again] possibly facing the drop.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Only Drogheda have won less games than Galway. Let Folan continue his slide down football's ladder away from Limerick please! Flopped with us, was invisible at Cork, flopped at Sligo, has found his place and level at a team facing relegation again. If we're serious about progressing the only question Stephen Folan is the answer to is "what player(s) will not help Limerick to take the next step forward?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    IT could have gone horrible wrong last night,it didnt with the obvious help of a bit of luck.opinions on Neils decision to off load our mature toyboys are still at fiesty levels i see,if we propose to aspire towards a highly regarded professional outfit his actions are to be applauded and respected,not only brave but necessary in the long run not that i expect him to be around to carry those values foward in any case.As for Galway i regret to say i hope they go down,to appoint a character who showed no football morality given his previous incarnation leaves them and Keegan [again] possibly facing the drop.
    I suspect that if that long and values driven road swung by the first division you would feel differently. Neil took us remarkably close to that happening. The fact that he got away with it with some luck does not make it a good or justified decision. The reason this remains important is that we have a manager that can make some dodgy decisions and that does not augur well for the future.
    I will be sorry to see the premier lose Galway, but I agree with you that Keegan is probably getting what he deserves after the way he left Wexford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I fully supported Neil doing what he thought he had to do with the squad but that was on condition he replaced the lads he didn't and it was madness. Even supporting his decision you can't say it has been justified.

In saying that we are in the premier next season so I'm willing to give him a newer clean slate going forward but his transfer business needs to be a hell of a lot better.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Whitehead will never be a premier ch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    What does it say about Will Fitz in your crystal ball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    In fairness he has a fairly good sample size of what Tony can do at this stage completely different to William.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    What does it say about Will Fitz in your crystal ball
    It says we should refrain from making rash decisions, and wait until he's played 30 or 40 times for the first team ..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I fully supported Neil doing what he thought he had to do with the squad but that was on condition he replaced the lads he didn't and it was madness. Even supporting his decision you can't say it has been justified.

In saying that we are in the premier next season so I'm willing to give him a newer clean slate going forward but his transfer business needs to be a hell of a lot better.
    After what we have seen and with our place secure I really think its time to go and he can have a clean slate somewhere else. With 25 mins to go with the ball in the Galway half we had Tosi as our most advanced 15 yards in our half. Is this what we want to see? It's Galway for **** sake. We invited them on for the whole game and were blessed to get a point.

Since he came his decisions have been strange to say the least. Playing Cotter instead of Clarke. Playing Doc at left full for soooooo long. Much earlier in the season he was playing Tosi without any wide men to get crosses in and then taking him off when he brought some on.

Fine with his clear out and maybe not his fault regarding getting players in but we can judge him on what he did sign. Joe Crowe was average but Cameron and Berki? Not one of them has made the team that actually started to grind out results. What has he actually shown that would give you any confidence that he can suddenly make us a force next year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoScifo10 View Post
    After what we have seen and with our place secure I really think its time to go and he can have a clean slate somewhere else. With 25 mins to go with the ball in the Galway half we had Tosi as our most advanced 15 yards in our half. Is this what we want to see? It's Galway for **** sake. We invited them on for the whole game and were blessed to get a point.

Since he came his decisions have been strange to say the least. Playing Cotter instead of Clarke. Playing Doc at left full for soooooo long. Much earlier in the season he was playing Tosi without any wide men to get crosses in and then taking him off when he brought some on.

Fine with his clear out and maybe not his fault regarding getting players in but we can judge him on what he did sign. Joe Crowe was average but Cameron and Berki? Not one of them has made the team that actually started to grind out results. What has he actually shown that would give you any confidence that he can suddenly make us a force next year?
    I never said he would make us a force nobody would make us a force unless we spent absolutely ridiculous amounts of money. He's going nowhere anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I never said he would make us a force nobody would make us a force unless we spent absolutely ridiculous amounts of money. He's going nowhere anyway.
    Hopefully McDonald has learned his lesson and doesn't underestimate LOI like Stuart Taylor did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    Hopefully McDonald has learned his lesson and doesn't underestimate LOI like Stuart Taylor did
    Definitely think he did underestimate it when he came but if he doesn't see what he needs now after his time here he is hopeless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12