Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Now that that Unpleasantness is over.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Feck all value in the LOI this off season with clubs cannibalising each other over the scraps.

Lets hope our man's contacts in England come up trumps..

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    If we can't find a nine goal from play striker somewhere then we have no business in the Premier Division anyway. As stated, I like Tosi, but let's not act like he's the only person out there who can do that job for us. If he is going - and I hope not - he can be replaced. This transfer window is where Mcdonald succeds or fails, and its on questions just like that.
    Ah yeah, he is a guy who we could replace, but equally there is enough work to do without taking a step back & losing one of the few lads most agree is an asset to our first eleven. Fully agree the jury will come in on NMcD after this window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Everyone that wasn't signed up yet apparently given a deadline of last Wednesday to sign up for next season. A resounding 0 have so far signed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    It's that time of year again folks.

What magical outside force will be blamed for the latest farce??

Brexit?? Trump?? The Jews??

Stay tuned to the leagues favorite farce.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Everyone that wasn't signed up yet apparently given a deadline of last Wednesday to sign up for next season. A resounding 0 have so far signed.
    I heard the club met players last week and were meeting them again this week for another chat. Nothing about deadlines. Nothing has been sorted either way. Wouldn’t be surprised if players keeping options open though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    JOS speaks sense.

I've heard no improved terms tho so anyone looking for more money is either gona dig their heels in or high tail it out of Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Apparently ? It was or it wasn't, you know or you don't. I mean the club will come under sustained and valid fire if they balls this transfer window up, and will deserve to, but if there wasn't a deadline and you are saying there was, who is that helping ?

I agree the lack of re signed players announced is a concern, other clubs are releasing lists of theirs, never mind the lack of even one Prem level player in several positions in the squad but a deadline flouted en masse is another matter.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    So according to BWA we have no squad signed as the proposed DEADLINE set for last WEDS is up and no one has signed.........q ....MCDONALD OUT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I heard the club met players last week and were meeting them again this week for another chat. Nothing about deadlines. Nothing has been sorted either way. Wouldn’t be surprised if players keeping options open though.
    They didn't meet any it was all over the phone and they were all told they were to have an answer by Wednesday cos the manager was heading home to England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Apparently ? It was or it wasn't, you know or you don't. I mean the club will come under sustained and valid fire if they balls this transfer window up, and will deserve to, but if there wasn't a deadline and you are saying there was, who is that helping ?

I agree the lack of re signed players announced is a concern, other clubs are releasing lists of theirs, never mind the lack of even one Prem level player in several positions in the squad but a deadline flouted en masse is another matter.
    Why in the name of god would I make up a deadline if there was none.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Why in the name of god would I make up a deadline if there was none.
    For the mad laugh ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I for one, enjoy lols

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    They didn't meet any it was all over the phone and they were all told they were to have an answer by Wednesday cos the manager was heading home to England.
    I was told they did meet players and offered the ones they wanted to keep contracts and told the ones they were letting go they basically said thanks but they wouldn’t be renewing for this year. They were going to meet players again this week. I’m sure the club can work away talking to players without Neil around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I was told they did meet players and offered the ones they wanted to keep contracts and told the ones they were letting go they basically said thanks but they wouldn’t be renewing for this year. They were going to meet players again this week. I’m sure the club can work away talking to players without Neil around.
    Sorry ya Neil just met players the week of the Rovers game and told em who he was and wasn't wanting to keep and that the club would be in touch with offers. Club then made the offers over the phone and told the players they wanted answers by Wednesday all bar one turned down their deals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Sorry ya Neil just met players the week of the Rovers game and told em who he was and wasn't wanting to keep and that the club would be in touch with offers. Club then made the offers over the phone and told the players they wanted answers by Wednesday all bar one turned down their deals.
    As far as we know all our top players are on decent deals so if players are wanting more I’m not sure what can be done bar let them go. Hopefully they haven’t been offered lower terms or we will lose them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    As far as we know all our top players are on decent deals so if players are wanting more I’m not sure what can be done bar let them go. Hopefully they haven’t been offered lower terms or we will lose them.
    You're a better man than me that you will still after all these years and seeing the club make a complete ****** of it time and time and time again give them the benefit of the doubt. If Bastien for example was on a deal that we can't possibly increase while coming from not having played a single game at Accrington then how moronic were we to give him a deal like that in the first place.

Unless one of the lads changed their minds and are announced tomorrow the first big Limerick move this off season is one leaving and its all their faults.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234