Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Denmark V Republic of Ireland - Sat, 11 November 2017 World Cup 2018 Play Off 1st Leg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    He was never eligible for Ireland apparently.
    Great grandfather was Irish. Grandfather was born in America.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That leaves only Brentford, Real Betis and Werder Bremen out of group stage action in Europe.

Betís were in the knockouts of the Europa League 2-3 years ago, I think they lost on penalties to Sevilla in the knockouts?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Flights to Copenhagen just shot up by €200 in the past fifteen minutes..
    What.....If you have your own Pilot ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    They've Qualified for the WC 4 times, getting to the Quarters in '98. I knew we were going to get Denmark, I've already studied the roster. Croatia would have been a disaster. Have anyone figured out the yellow card rules yet? It could end up being important.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Flights to Copenhagen just shot up by €200 in the past fifteen minutes..
    Hamburg is an option for those flying, about 5 hours drive or train away (including a ferry). Another option is Oslo, you can get a night ferry from there to Copenhagen. If you don't mind changing planes you could also try Billund, Aarhus and Aalborg as they are all in Denmark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    What.....If you have your own Pilot ?
    As soon as the draw was done, I guessed the game would be on either Friday or Saturday, so I done a check for flights on both days. They were both in around the €90-€120 mark return from a couple of different companies, Dublin - Copenhagen direct.

About five minutes after the date was confirmed, I checked again and the lowest I could see was €320, and that included one stop along the way.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I love Clinton's enthusiasm in the video here: http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...inton-morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    What's the injury situation like? Specifically will Duffy, McCarthy, Walters, and Long be available? Am I missing anyone?
    Duffy played down the seriousness of his injury. Not sure how the scan went yesterday morning, but I assume we'd have heard about it if the news was bad.

I believe McCarthy should be back available for Everton either this weekend or next.

Walters was ruled out of the play-offs, according to reports from the 11th of October, although, the following day, the Irish Mirror were reporting that Dyche was giving him a chance of being fit by then.

Shane Long played for Southampton on Sunday, so I assume he's OK.

Meanwhile, Seáni Maguire's hamstring is a concern, Westwood is close to a return to action for his club and McGoldrick was passed fit to play for Ipswich last weekend.

Coleman could be close to full fitness again by the time the play-offs come round although I'd imagine he'll have to be eased back into action first. A return would be extremely unlikely. I don't think it's a consideration at all.

As soon as the draw was done, I guessed the game would be on either Friday or Saturday, so I done a check for flights on both days. They were both in around the €90-€120 mark return from a couple of different companies, Dublin - Copenhagen direct.

About five minutes after the date was confirmed, I checked again and the lowest I could see was €320, and that included one stop along the way.
    I managed to get flights over and back from Dublin to Copenhagen via Edinburgh for £90. Seemed to be the best we could find as direct flights were a total rip-off within seconds.

9. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    Available SAS direct return flight us$185 dep sat morn return sunday

indirect SAS via Oslo also available for similar price.

Isn't Malmo is the closest airport to Kastrup?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I've managed to get flights from London for around £110 going out on Friday coming back on the Sunday. How hard will tickets be I wonder?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Available SAS direct return flight us$185 dep sat morn return sunday

indirect SAS via Oslo also available for similar price.

Isn't Malmo is the closest airport to Kastrup?
    Nope. CPH city centre is still closer. Only took me about 20min on the train to CPH central (with a unplanned 4-5min stop going into Central).

Malmo will take about 90min all going well to CPH central.

I'm raging I can't get to this game. Absolutely floored by the city when I was there in September.

---
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Nope. CPH city centre is still closer. Only took me about 20min on the train to CPH central (with a unplanned 4-5min stop going into Central).

Malmo will take about 90min all going well to CPH central.

I'm raging I can't get to this game. Absolutely floored by the city when I was there in September.

---
    I'll just repeat the same question and maybe I'll get a different answer

Isn't Malmo the closest airport to Kastrup?
    Meaning, distance wise from central CPH, isn't Malmo the next closest airport after Kastrup?

Afair, Malmo airport is about an hour from CPH by direct bus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Our record against Denmark here:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    The views and reactions of some Danish commentators and supporters to having drawn us, compiled here by Balls.ie and here by SportsJoe.ie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I'll just repeat the same question and maybe I'll get a different answer

Isn't Malmo the closest airport to Kastrup?
    Meaning, distance wise from central CPH, isn't Malmo the next closest airport after Kastrup?

Afair, Malmo airport is about an hour from CPH by direct bus.
    For a moment after I posted that I wondered if you would respond like a smart ass. And woe be tide... you did.

The thing is perhaps if the "Question" was clearer people might be able to give you an answer that you require or the answer that matched up with the knowledge you have already.

Now, Copenhagen is a large enough area but for simplicity I measure to Central​ station which is a fairly decent convention I'd think for those going to CPH.

Given that CPH Airport is in Kastrup I doubt you meant that so yeah, Malmö airport would indeed be the nearest airport to Kastrup aka CPH Airport. And also the next nearest to CPH central.

The quick search I did also have me a 90min journey from Malmö to Copenhagen Central Station. But I'm not going so i didn't bother delving further.

In conclusion, use Google and post stuff when you get the answer you want. Cos Jesus it's tiresome when you go on like yourself.

---

TLDR; cop the fupp on
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 18/10/2017 at 1:57 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    For a moment after I posted that I wondered if you would respond like a smart ass. And woe be tide... you did.

The thing is perhaps if the "Question" was clearer people might be able to give you an answer that you require or the answer that matched up with the knowledge you have already.

Now, Copenhagen is a large enough area but for simplicity I measure to Central​ station which is a fairly decent convention I'd think for those going to CPH.

Given that CPH Airport is in Kastrup I doubt you meant that so yeah, Malmö airport would indeed be the nearest airport to Kastrup aka CPH Airport. And also the next nearest to CPH central.

The quick search I did also have me a 90min journey from Malmö to Copenhagen Central Station. But I'm not going so i didn't bother delving further.

In conclusion, use Google and post stuff when you get the answer you want. Cos Jesus it's tiresome when you go on like yourself.

---

TLDR; cop the fupp on
    Okay Bonnie, you didn't understand the almost rhetorical question, normal enough given the nature of internet discussion and expression.
    But you didn't understand my reply and assume a cynical interpretation, which was not in my post.
    Flights to Malmo were available at reasonable prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    But to ignore the cynical interpretation of your post would fly in the face of almost 9 years of experience.
    I'm not starting now.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    geysir "going on like himself" is probably the most perfect description imaginable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Flights to Malmo were available at reasonable prices.
    Really? The airport in Malmö serves domestic flights, charter trips and selective Eastern European cities. Did you find reasonable flights via Skopje?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Yeah I did have a look at Malmö but dismissed it as there are no direct flights to any cities to the west of it. If you caught a connecting flight you would have to overshoot far to the south east and then fly back north west. If there was say a flight from London or Amsterdam to Malmö then it might make more sense.

Aside from Copenhagen the best options are probably other Danish airports (Aarhus via Stansted, Aalborg via Stanstead/Gatwick/Hull/Amsterdam, Bilund via a lot of UK cities/Amsterdam/Brussels/Paris, Esbjerg via Aberdeen)

You could look at Gothenburg too (with a change in London/Birmingham/Paris/Amsterdam) but that connection plus a 5 hour train ride makes it tricky. Hamburg is a good option as there are direct flights to Ireland and its possible to get to Copenhagen via direct train from there. It's also a fantastic city to visit, arguably the second best in Germany after Berlin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Anyone try to get tickets for the home leg?

They were gone straight away!

What a swizz!
    Presume that was some presale? 'Three' was it?

Hopefully there'll be more available through the public sale tomorrow.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast