28 Posts
    We'll be back

3. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    This is getting ridiculous now. We were poor tonight. Probably should've had a penalty but that doesn't matter we didn't do much tonight. The wait goes on...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    You were crap.
    I hope the stars and bars idiot got his racism tutorial?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    This is getting ridiculous now. We were poor tonight. Probably should've had a penalty but that doesn't matter we didn't do much tonight. The wait goes on...
    Almost there. It's amazing that Cork have to grind it out like this. Tough on their fans.

We're weren't great either tonight. Very weakened side with so many injuries.

Ryan Brennan's stupidity in getting himself sent off was the difference between one point and three.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Ah lads, they want to win it in the Cross and fair play to them for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I almost started to miss the trips to Cobh and Cabinteely.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    You were crap.
    Wellity wellity wellity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    On the Dundalk game tonight.Is Ryan brennan the dumbest player ever to play LOI?

He gets fouled in a meaty enough challlenge by Dundalk's Shane Grimes and it's a yellow card for Grimesey all day long.Nothing bar a yellow.Conor Kenna runs to the ref protesting that the Dundalk player should be sent off.Kenna is booked for dissent and waved away by the ref.Grimes is booked.
    Spurred on by Kenna's protest Brennan is also looking for Grimes to be red carded.The ref waves his protests away.

The match restarts with a free-kick to Bray and Brennan immediately fouls Grimes.Grant produces a yellow card for Brennan who by this stage is apoplectic and right in the refs face almost pushing him.Ref produces 2nd yellow for balls face and he is sent off.

Bray had kinda been holding their own up until that stage and his dismissal ultimately cost Bray at least a share of the spoils imo.

Have never seen this level of stupidity in the LOI before and i've been watching a good few years!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    On the Dundalk game tonight.Is Ryan brennan the dumbest player ever to play LOI?

He gets fouled in a meaty enough challlenge by Dundalk's Shane Grimes and it's a yellow card for Grimesey all day long.Nothing bar a yellow.Conor Kenna runs to the ref protesting that the Dundalk player should be sent off.Kenna is booked for dissent and waved away by the ref.Grimes is booked.
    Spurred on by Kenna's protest Brennan is also looking for Grimes to be red carded.The ref waves his protests away.

The match restarts with a free-kick to Bray and Brennan immediately fouls Grimes.Grant produces a yellow card for Brennan who by this stage is apoplectic and right in the refs face almost pushing him.Ref produces 2nd yellow for balls face and he is sent off.

Bray had kinda been holding their own up until that stage and his dismissal ultimately cost Bray at least a share of the spoils imo.

Have never seen this level of stupidity in the LOI before and i've been watching a good few years!!!
    Brennan gets booked and goes up to the ref's face and starts clapping, Is he nuts? Ref had no choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Brennan gets booked and goes up to the ref's face and starts clapping, Is he nuts? Ref had no choice.
    And he clapped the red!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Hat-trick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I honestly thought given the start Cork had that they might have won the league by end of August. It does seems incredible though that the massive lead, I actually forget the maximum was it 15 or 18 points? that it will most probably be reduced to less than 4 points or so.

Credit to them though when they do win it, best team wins the league each year, no question about that, but they looked far from league champions tonight. I couldn't make the Dundalk v Bray match but it was interesting to watch the match on TV from Dalymount in the background.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    You were crap.
    Excuses being made by some already for this. Three times in one season from the same club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    The penalty we were denied was as clear as day, but then again the Dublin ref didn't give it against the Dublin club. Funny that.

Sheppard isn't a hold up play striker and i don't know why Caulfield keeps playing him as one.

Glad the crowd around the ********s with the flag quickly put them in their place.

Back of the Des Kelly stand really is a disgrace, the redevelopment can't come soon enough.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Rovers were good in the first half tonight but woejus in the second. Sligo played well and deserved their draw - cracking free kick too.

Watched the Cork game back there - wish I hadn't. Sheppard should have had a peno - maybe his "I'm a diving ****" tweet finally came back to bite him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It was only an obvious penalty on TV replay. Live it looked like Supple had swept up nicely. Even on the replays the commentators questioned whether he got a knee to the ball. So no overt bias against Cork from a Dublin ref, but an agrument for a TV footage review official.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    This, unfortunately, is turning out to be a rather underwhelming league title win. 11 points needed when Maguire left in July, only picked up 8 points since then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    A league win is still a league win.

It must rankle with fans that any plaudits that come Corks way are in the past tense. Fans love their team to win but they also like to see their team praised by opposing fans and the so called experts. Anyone who says different is being disingenuous.

It will be remembered as Maguire's title and that is a bit unfair on the other players. Cork were not a one man team. Yes, Maguire was pivotal to their way of playing, but I've said it before, the back four in the first 3-4 months of the season was as good as I've seen in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post

Having Grant as referee didn't help either 😁

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast