Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paddy McCarthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    McCarthy was generally one of the first names on the Leicester team sheet before his injury. Sure he is the club captain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Slight exageration. I thought this was obvious but in reality a booking every 2 games is hardly a good disciplinary record. Recently he's been demoted to the bench when fit. He's also 24 in a few weeks if we want to be exact about it.

And he's nowhere near the player McShane is.
    are you a WUM? He's out injurd with a broken collarbone so how could he be playing? He was playing every game before the injury when fit. He's the club captain ffs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    What's a WUM?????
    White Un-educated Muppet

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic View Post
    White Un-educated Muppet

Ha Ha...You wind up merchant ya (WUM)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    What planet are you from? McCarthy is nowhere near the quality of McShane ffs. He isn't even a regular starter for Leicester anymore who are sh*t. He's also a lot older so is unlikely to improve much (about 24 I think). Did I mention he gets booked every match and sent off every second match?
    As has been pointed out above McCarthy is the club captain with Leicester. He has been a regular up until the time he got injured. He has a huge presence about him. McShane has been playing at right back all season. I was at the game on Wednesday night. McShane done well. but the physical slovakian forward knocked him over quite a few times. Its a real pitty McShane is not a little bigger. McCarthy on the other hand has the physical presence. I think he will be a real option in years to come.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    On the discipline arguments:

McCarthy : 23 starts, 7 yellows and 1 red ( 2 yellows in same game ) - last season in 41 starts he had 12 yellows and 2 reds.

McShane : 31 starts. 8 yellows and 1 straight red.

For comparison purposes, an Irish player who has been a success at Wolves, the one, the only Gary Breen:

36 starts, 5 yellows, 1 red.

If there is onje area where Stan should excel it is in judging defenders, if Geary and McCarthy don't tickle his fancy I'm OK with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think if he recalled Gary Breen it would make my life complete.
    "No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret. But no, no regrets." -Mick McCarthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If I hear anything before it's in the papers I'll post it here!
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    I'm still staggered by that WUM reference. Different planet for you D4 boys. No wonder I left.
    What have D4 boys got to do with this?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kev mcq View Post
    are you a WUM? He's out injurd with a broken collarbone so how could he be playing? He was playing every game before the injury when fit. He's the club captain ffs
    He's out injured now. I was talking about the season as a whole not the last two games.

And just for clarity he hasn't started every game this season when fit he's been on the bench a number of times. Have a look at his substitute appearances and take into account there's also been an additional number of times when he's been on the bench but hasn't come on. I suppose he was sitting on the bench with a broken collarbone?

Anyway point was he's sh*t and Leicester defensively are sh*t also. Many Leicester fans agree with me. Have a look at this forum which names their worst player of the season. He's mentioned more than a few times. Hardly the sign of a top player. Also take it into account the small fact that unlike you they've probably seen him play (as I have):

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/in...2&st=0&start=0

They also mention his move to Fulham here:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/in...ic=35191&st=40

and here:
    http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/in...howtopic=35326

Hardly giving glowing reports are they? Not one mentions him in a positive light.

Why do you think I'm a WUM because I don't agree with your obviously vast all seeing all knowing knowledge of the football scene? Good one.
    Last edited by youngirish; 02/04/2007 at 10:15 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He's out injured now. I was talking about the season as a whole not the last two games.

And just for clarity he hasn't started every game this season when fit he's been on the bench a number of times. Have a look at his substitute appearances and take into account there's also been an additional number of times when he's been on the bench but hasn't come on. I suppose he was sitting on the bench with a broken collarbone?

Anyway point was he's sh*t and Leicester defensively are sh*t also. Many Leicester fans agree with me. Have a look at this forum which names their worst player of the season. He's mentioned more than a few times. Hardly the sign of a top player. Also take it into account that unlike you they've probably seen him play (as I have):

Why do you think I'm a WUM because I don't agree with your obviously vast all seeing all knowing knowledge of the football scene? Good one.
    Regardless of what Leicester fans thing, and lets be honest the English football fan is a fickle creature, we haven't got a lot of CB's available and we need to look at alternatives. At least McCarthy is young and on the way up and we should be at least taking a look at the guy.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer77 View Post
    At least McCarthy is young and on the way up and we should be at least taking a look at the guy.
    He has been looked at. He's not good enough.
    "Can I have a Kit-Kat, chunky?"

"you mean a big one"

"No a normal kit-kat you fat bitch"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbod View Post
    When? Only time I can recall him being given a chance was at the recent B match against Scotland where he was the stand-out performer (along with Hunt btw)...Don't remember him ever being given a chance at senior level...
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    851 Posts
    Recently he's been demoted to the bench when fit.
    Wrong, he had a suspension, and didnt come straight back in, that is true, but in his abscence the side won with a clean sheet, so the manager left well alone, he won his spot back within 2 games and was back in the 11 at the time of the injury.

you have been so far of the mark with some of your comments here you are hardly worth debating with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Anyway point was he's sh*t and Leicester defensively are sh*t also. Many Leicester fans agree with me. Have a look at this forum which names their worst player of the season. He's mentioned more than a few times. Hardly the sign of a top player. Also take it into account the small fact that unlike you they've probably seen him play (as I have):

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/in...ic=35191&st=40

and here:

Hardly giving glowing reports are they? Not one mentions him in a positive light.

Wow he's named by 3 people in theirt worst player(S) of the season. Of the three people, one of them has named 7 players as the worst player, one has named 11 players (that's how many players are on a football team youngirish) and one has named 15 players . These are obviously very decisive people. Scraping the barrell a bit there weren't you?

And as for me not seeing him play, get your facts right before coming out with that sort of sh1t, I have seen him play numerous times, even live

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbod View Post
    By who and when? By Stan? At the B game? This is of course the same guy that ruled Carsley too old, and the same guy that has led us through a stumbling qualifying campaign and who's hardly been consistent of definite in his selection of players.

And if not McCarthy who are the REAL alternatives at CB to Dunne and McShane? Because believe it or not we need some apart from O'Shea.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Wrong, he had a suspension, and didnt come straight back in, that is true, but in his abscence the side won with a clean sheet, so the manager left well alone, he won his spot back within 2 games and was back in the 11 at the time of the injury.

you have been so far of the mark with some of your comments here you are hardly worth debating with.
    So hold on he was demoted to the bench for those 2 games and left out of the team when he was back, fit and ready to play (didn't I say that initially)? Yeah that was way off the mark????????????? Which other remark was I way off the mark with? That he's a sh*t disciplinary record? Eh I think that's true. That he's 24. Sorry I was a few weeks early pointing that one out. That he's a tad crap? We'll see who's proved right with time (me) but most of the Leicester fans seem to agree with me and not the general consensus here if their forum is anything to go by (though no doubt you CraftyToePoke have lots of Leicester fans as friends in addition to yourself who will alll swear he's the next Franz Beckenbauer). I'll take their opinions first and what I've seen myself than the usual suspects who hype up every young Irish player to ridiculous levels before even seeing them play thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by kev mcq View Post
    Wow he's named by 3 people in theirt worst player(S) of the season. Of the three people, one of them has named 7 players as the worst player, one has named 11 players (that's how many players are on a football team youngirish) and one has named 15 players. These are obviously very decisive people. Scraping the barrell a bit there weren't you?

And as for me not seeing him play, get your facts right before coming out with that sort of sh1t, I have seen him play numerous times, even live
    Read the other two, that's what the links are there for and not just the one you are trying to be clever with (and failing) and debunk which you did a sh*t job of btw . Do you usually ignore all the facts that tend to go against your opinion of something? Probably if you think Paddy McCarthy is brilliant. Find me a positive comment in that lot and get back to me.

I'm all for hyping up good young Irish players (Garvan, Long, J O'Brien, Ireland and McShane for example) but less of the fantasyland sh*t please and more realism when dealing with the not so good young players please. Paddy McCarthy me ar*e, fancy playing the next four qualifiers with 10 men for 45 minutes+ do you?

And to finish this once and for all the story is a mistake anyway. It's Leicester's other Patrick, Mr Kisnorbo (he's actually quite good) that Fulham are looking at and some lazy reporter jumped the gun and assumed it was McCarthy. Way of the mark me balls.
    Last edited by youngirish; 03/04/2007 at 9:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ogba View Post
    When? Only time I can recall him being given a chance was at the recent B match against Scotland where he was the stand-out performer (along with Hunt btw)...Don't remember him ever being given a chance at senior level...
    Numerous sources said Joseph Gamble was the stand out performer in that match, even after being played out of position...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    Numerous sources said Joseph Gamble was the stand out performer in that match, even after being played out of position...
    Numerous players can stand out in a given match, and even then you hear analysts disagree over who should be MoM all the time.

It's possible they both had a good game you know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    Not wanting to open a LOI sized can of worms here but I was at that match and while Gamble was handy in parts I thought McCarthy was the class performer on the day. Didn't put a foot wrong....was very impressed by him...
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast