Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    My money is on Parrott to ruffle a few Dutch feathers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    This guy Daishawn Redan of Ajax seems to be the main man for the Netherlands, he has scored ten of their eighteen goals in this competition (including qualification). You could say he's their Adam Idah.
    Daishawn Redan?? Something about that has a familiar ring - Daishawn Redan...Daishawn Redan... DE SEAN REDDAN!!! QUICK!! TO THE GENEALOGY RECORDS!!

Seriously, well done to the U17 team on making the last eight, more comfortably than last year in spite of defeat in their first game. And while we talk justifiably about the potential of the forwards in the team, it should be noted that, in nine games so far in this competition, this team has only conceded three times - so we seem to be solid in defence also (knock on wood). By the sounds of it, they'll have to up their game against the Dutch, but even if they don't, reaching this stage two years on the trot augurs well for the future... and Troy Parrott will still be U17 next year (as will OkoFlex if we can tempt him back)

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Hopefully the fai put a big effort into next years tournament spread the games around the country and organise high quality friendlies seeing that we will have no qualifiers.

Okoflex could be in tricky situation as brits can cap him in the qualifiers and tie him in which we won't be able to cause we don't have qualifiers. Obviously if brits did cap him which they absolutely will try to as he is main starter for their 16s he can still come back for future age groups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Hopefully the fai put a big effort into next years tournament spread the games around the country and organise high quality friendlies seeing that we will have no qualifiers.

Okoflex could be in tricky situation as brits can cap him in the qualifiers and tie him in which we won't be able to cause we don't have qualifiers. Obviously if brits did cap him which they absolutely will try to as he is main starter for their 16s he can still come back for future age groups.
    According to wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_U...ionship#Venues - the venues have been confirmed as Tallaght Stadium, Turners Cross, Eamonn Deacy Park, and the new Finn Harps stadium
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Monday's quarter final against the Dutch will be 7:00pm kick off in Chesterfield
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Was at the Bosnia game along with another of this parish.

This Is an absolutely quality Irish side, to the point that they don't play like a typically Irish side.

Until he went off I'd say Luca Connell was Ireland's best player, and it was an absolute rocker of a.challenge that injured him.

It would not be a lie to sat that Ireland should Have scored 4 or 5. Idah in particular missed a couple of great chances but in saying that the goal he scored was a beautiful goal.

The Irish defenders deserve a special mention for the way they played.fooyball. Great control, composed on the ball heads up football. Collins and Ledwidge were superb and when the situation allowed they were taking the ball deep into Bosnian territory. McEntee wasnt as effective going forward but he wasn't bad either. If anything when Connell got injured and Ledwidge went left back and McEntee centre back the replacement right back Murphy made a huge difference. He immediately gave an impetus on the right side and couple with Parrott coming back into the game and an excellent second half from Ty Wright it meant there was a threat down both flanks.

I having spoke to a few of the played boys who were at the Belgium game a few have said that murohy was slaughtered hence why he was dropped.

First 25 mins Parrott was excellent and the danger man. Brennan has a nice understanding with Idah it seems. Coffey was very industrious and a serious runner but looked a little lacking in the ball skills. Won't judge him on one viewing. Wright was slow.to get going. But second half he plagued the Bosnians and they couldn't handle him.

goalkeeper didn't have a lot to do. He's been signed to Preston too I've heard.
    Strangely they.made 3 substitutions that of anything made them stronger. What's even.more impressive is that the first substitution involved 3 changes to the line up and it didn't effect them.

Seems to be a great rapport amongst the group. I think they're in a great position. Nobody expects anything from them given Holland's form.

Holland were serious spectators as were Italy at the game. Got chatting briefly to a Dutch honcho say beside me. I asked him did he learn anything. One - you learn something every match and if you don't your doing something wrong. Two you won't beat ireland in the air.

I hope the second sentiment is lost in translation stereotyping because that team didn't play aerial football despite being equipped to do so. "Long" balls were calculated passes into feet or diagonal over the full backs for Parrott and Wright to cut back on.

My worry is that Idah won't get the same amount of chances that he got against Bosnia. He should have scored in the first minute but a lack of composure and an unnecessary extra touch killed him when he should have scored. He had at least three other chances that definitely should have gone in including missing from 3 yds when it was harder to hit the bar as he did.

Very enjoyable game and George's Park is a beautiful albeit remote facility.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    The FA brought in a few groups of kids for the game and at times they made some lovely noise. It's a pity they won't play the games in the evening next year as scheduling won't allow it with only 4 venues but I.hope the FAI give as many kids the opportunity as possible to get to the games for free. There is absolutely no reason why schools in Tallaght shouldn't be given freebies to boost crowd numbers. 480 odd in George's Park yesterday and the vast majority of them were relations of both sides from.what I saw or in our block there was a couple of locals who are going to every game in the area. You don't have that possibility withnusnnext year as the venues are so spread out. Burton George's Park chesterfield and Loughborough are all relatively close. Absolutely no reason why belfield bowl and even Dalymount couldn't be used also. Particularly when final group games have to be played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    The FA brought in a few groups of kids for the game and at times they made some lovely noise. It's a pity they won't play the games in the evening next year as scheduling won't allow it with only 4 venues but I.hope the FAI give as many kids the opportunity as possible to get to the games for free. There is absolutely no reason why schools in Tallaght shouldn't be given freebies to boost crowd numbers. 480 odd in George's Park yesterday and the vast majority of them were relations of both sides from.what I saw or in our block there was a couple of locals who are going to every game in the area. You don't have that possibility withnusnnext year as the venues are so spread out. Burton George's Park chesterfield and Loughborough are all relatively close. Absolutely no reason why belfield bowl and even Dalymount couldn't be used also. Particularly when final group games have to be played.
    I don't see why someone couldn't get to three of the four grounds at least. It's not like we're a very big country.

To be honest, I'd say whoever made that Wikipedia article picked four grounds at random. I don't see the new Finn Harps stadium being ready on time. More likely to be in Sligo if there is to be a ground used in the North-West.

Would be much better off having a good spread to the grounds, and give people a chance to get to watch a major underage tournament, it's not like these come around too often, and any big events are already held in Dublin. Nice chance to show off some of our better grounds around the country to visitors.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Is the Holland match definitely on the TV lads? I've checked several sites and it's not listed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
    Is the Holland match definitely on the TV lads? I've checked several sites and it's not listed.
    says it is here...
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018...-u17-quarters/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Still not listed on the Sky epg. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
    Still not listed on the Sky epg. :/
    RTE own online TV guide doesn't have it listed either but they are definitely showing it. Assume it means Soccer Republic gets bumped to 9pm instead.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    its weird, it's not on the TV listings on rte.ie, but this article says it'll start at 6:30: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018...-u17-quarters/
    Watch Ireland Under-17's European Championship quarter-final with Denmark on RTÉ 2 Television and online on RTÉ Player from 6.30pm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    It's up there now, Soccer Republic bumped to 11:15pm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mon the Town!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Phew! Kind of sums up the poor way coverage of this tournament has been handled. Surely if they'd show the other Ireland matches, they would have attracted a decent sized TV audience?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Watching the build up on RTE, is it just me, or does Stephen McPhail look a bit like Gerard Butler now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Kerr on a rant about the new setup in the schoolboy leagues now. Basically repeating his arguments from his article in the Independent, that League of Ireland clubs are not entitled to run the new leagues because they "don't care".

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    I was just after typing that the ref has been dreadful (against Idah and Parrott) and then I see that nudge on Tyriek Wright on 39 minutes. Crazy not to give it.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Idah, Parrott and Collins. Serious futures ahead of them on the basis of tonight so far.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    wow just in the door and turn on the penos, thats **** poor from the ref

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast