Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup Semi Final Cork (A)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

FAI Cup Semi Final Cork (A)

I reckon our chances of winning this one have been massively decreased by beating them Friday but you never know.

People wanna start with same team or what changes do folks wanna see? Dean Clarke has to start for me. I'd actually drop the right side if we could but if Clarke replaces Cotter dunno who we would replace Kenny with.

Will we bring a huge crowd?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Should be a tasty one. I'd like to see Ogbene just keep the ball until he gets fouled. There could be a red card in it if he winds them up enough.

Clarke to start instead of Cotter, and the rest the same I suppose. Kenny a weakness, but Clarke is better used elsewhere.

Can Cotter cross? could he be a winger?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Should be a tasty one. I'd like to see Ogbene just keep the ball until he gets fouled. There could be a red card in it if he winds them up enough.

Clarke to start instead of Cotter, and the rest the same I suppose. Kenny a weakness, but Clarke is better used elsewhere.

Can Cotter cross? could he be a winger?
    I doubt Cotter could be a winger tbh holds the ball way too long at times as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Afaik the club asked for 650 tickets.. which will be more than enough imo. The game is on telly and the matchday experience in the away end of Turners Cross for people is awful (if I had a small kid I wouldn't bother personally). 650 would be about half our home crowd aswell which is decent going no matter what way you cut it.

On the game I can't see anything other than a spanking. Now I thought the se the other night but the crucial difference is this game is on in Turner's Cross. Which given the standard of refereeing in the league is a free pass for cork to spend the game murdering Chedozie Ogbenes shins again.

Clarke has to start instead of Cotter. The only other thing you could do is tell Stephen Kenny stay in bed, put Lee Jay out wide right and Joe Crowe in the middle as a sitter... Probably too much fooling with a winning team tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I doubt Cotter could be a winger tbh holds the ball way too long at times as it is.
    I don't mind too much wingers giving the ball away in an attempt to make space for a cross - not such a danger if they give it away in the opposition half.

I don't know if Cotter can actually cross the ball though.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I don't mind too much wingers giving the ball away in an attempt to make space for a cross - not such a danger if they give it away in the opposition half.

I don't know if Cotter can actually cross the ball though.
    He tends to over hit his crosses.

I'd just make a straight swap, Clarke for Cotter.

Cork will start stronger than Friday and you would imagine we won't be getting any gifts from Robbie this time as he probably won't be on the field.

It's a free hit for us. Cork expected to win well at the second time of asking and if they lose tonight all the pressure is on them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    needed cork to wrap up the league last night to have any chance of winning friday night.........

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Agree with above - this is bonus territory for us, a free hit. If they play like they did last night, we're in big trouble.

Tosi did a great job of physically dominating their centre halves last week, needs a similar performance Fri night.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superblues37 View Post
    needed cork to wrap up the league last night to have any chance of winning friday night.........
    Not sure why that would make any difference. Surely Cork have already won the league. FA cup semi is massive for them.

I'd bring Joe Crowe into the team at right back instead of Barry Cotter. Although admittedly Dean Clarke played well when he come on against Cork I can't see him going the full 90 mins against either Dooley or Sadlier without getting a roasting. Lynch needs to be played centrally to get the best out of him.

Would love to see John O'Flynn come off the bench and get a winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake87 View Post
    Would love to see John O'Flynn come off the bench and get a winner.
    A penalty after an Ogbene dive

I think we'll get well beat...no Williams for them this time...Bennett against Rodrigo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I'm predicting a draw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Yeah, you can bet the Cork squad will be raring to go at Limerick, just to prove a point. Haven't a hope really. Be happy if they keep the score down to a respectable level.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Well, they did just that. Should have gotten the replay though.

As I said in the main FAI Cup thread, we just aren't good enough in the forward sections of the pitch. We had three real chances all game: Ogbene's shot that tested the keeper a bit, the Tosi header over the bar early in the second, and that confusing muddle from that corner late-on. You couldn't really say that any of them were clear-cut, and from the amount of ball we had, we should have created way more.

Midfield gives me great optimism though. Hery bossing the show, Duggan playing better, lynch and Ogbene providing runs (though the latter fell out of the game). If they could only play like this all the time.

And I know they won, and I know it was the right call, but it did make me smile just a bit to see Cork throwing on an extra defender and turtling in the face of relegation-threatened Limerick. We could be a much higher-placed team if things clicked a bit more.

As an aside, can someone strangle O'Donoghue with that scarf? Maybe then he'll stop pestering people on the sideline with his stupid questions. More managers should refuse to talk to him.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Battling performance,no shortage of honest effort from the entire bunch,obviously lacking in quality in the last third of the pitch.Hery the outstanding player in the game.Cork looked a tired team in the second half but defensively very good with Bennett in top form[pity for us Porky Bob was,n playing].Now i know some posters on here do not like me opinionating on media commentry but i have to say how disappointed i was in it this evening,the em..usual..standards dropped alarmingly.factual mistakes throughout,poor if little analysis,contradictory comments at different stages,in short i was shocked,felt let down,at times embarrassed at the rather laughable effort it all was.....so I PROMISE...NEVER TO LISTEN TO THEM TWO AGAIN.........from now on i am going to force myself to tune in to Alan o Brien and co.Great travelling support well done all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    We need to hang on to Hery for next season. Probably more than any other player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Battling performance,no shortage of honest effort from the entire bunch,obviously lacking in quality in the last third of the pitch.Hery the outstanding player in the game.Cork looked a tired team in the second half but defensively very good with Bennett in top form[pity for us Porky Bob was,n playing].Now i know some posters on here do not like me opinionating on media commentry but i have to say how disappointed i was in it this evening,the em..usual..standards dropped alarmingly.factual mistakes throughout,poor if little analysis,contradictory comments at different stages,in short i was shocked,felt let down,at times embarrassed at the rather laughable effort it all was.....so I PROMISE...NEVER TO LISTEN TO THEM TWO AGAIN.........from now on i am going to force myself to tune in to Alan o Brien and co.Great travelling support well done all.
    Why do you bother then if their that bad??Just to keep getting digs in.Very
    Petty and childish.Im sure the Chosen One believed you always listen to him.Ah well another chaotic Limerick season pitters out.Hery will no way be playing for Limerick nx year.Cork or Rovers my bet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    You never know. Starts with us making sure there is already a strong 2 year offer on the table for him. I hope our guys are being proactive.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Yeah couldn't fault the effort of our players throughout and it was a very good performance in most aspects. We didn't create enough though in respect to our possession and Tosi is still too isolated at times. Winning all those flickons is a bit moot when there's nobody close to him. Hery was comfortably the best player on the pitch, I thought Lynch was very busy too, fired up and always looking to do something. Much more so than Duggan who I was still quite disappointed with last night. Clarke has surely relegated Cotter to the bench for the rest of the year now too?

Overall... obviously disappointing to lose a semi final but if we play like this for the rest of the year we'll stay up and, at this stage, that's mission accomplished.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great effort by all we were good for last 20 or so of first half should have scored , second half was poor from both teams plenty of honest effort but very little quality must have been a poor spectacle on tv , berki offered **** all when he came on and ogbene disappeared in the second half but cork done a better job on him aswell , Duggan plenty of effort but gave away the ball too easy and just not on the same level as hery and lynch who were superb , tosi is some workhorse his hold up play is exceptional he bullied the cork defense especially first half , big game next Saturday make sure and don't lose it the most important thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast