Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cork League (Neutral Venue)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I only supply my objective portrayal of what I witness and the opinions of people I know who used to frequent matches. I think some of the singing and support is great, it's the lowlife degenerate behavior which I don't agree with. Abusing our own players, opposing managers, opposing players, shouting obscenities. LK37oldskool endorses that behavior and that's ok too, that's her view. I don't understand why she feels the need to reference me continuously I only supply my own perception. Take a night off sweetheart everybody enjoyed the win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Only time I will ever comment on sandwich boys stuff about us and all I'll say is just let it go lads all that should be talked about how is the fantastic night we had tonight and the unbelievable performance of the lads on the pitch we needed a night like tonight. Fantastic night.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What a special night superb performance real pleasure to have been there long second half waiting for that clock to thick away but first half especially we were immense some shift put in from everybody .Hery for me clear motm outstanding performance what an engine he has gives his all , tosi his hold up play unreal and what a goal , Shane Tracy has been unreal since he came back for Galway I was not in bray but the Galway game seems to have been the turning point we have looked a completely different team shape suits us so much better Dave o Connor and whitehead rock solid at centre half , let's hope ogbene can give that display next Friday aswell his best display by far and great interview after the game on rte he has some potential if McDonald can get consistency from him , my god Robbie Williams looked much heavier than when he was playing for us did not think that would be possible surprised caul field entertains that , what ever about the ticket allocation cork got how disappointing was the home turnout last time we played them 3k with a smaller away crowd , tv would affect it yes but so disappointing our biggest game of season Munster Derby no matter how the team has been playing I was really surprised but then again how many times big crowd and we fail, anyway they missed out on a very special night by not going roll on cork again next week Aviva here we come 🤓😎

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Great win, great performance, for the most part. Seeing Williams mess up so spectacularly for the first was fairly satisfying, even if he'll have a league medal to dangle back at any detractors soon enough. And perfect free kick from Tracey.

Thought we played very well throughout, especially in the midfield, Hery bossed the show and should have been MOTM in my opinion. Not that Ogbene didn't deserve consideration, love when he gets going and rattles defenders. Some of the treatment he got was shocking, Cork players wagging their fingers for his temerity in getting hacked down when they couldn't get the ball off him. Liked his response in the post-match interview. Game could have turned very nasty, but thought the ref was fqir enough with the whistle, if not so much with the cards.

Others to pick out: any one think Clarke was a little iffy? A few shots he seemed to have trouble with. Poor Cotter got roasted in that first half for the goal especially, reminded me of Seanie Russell in the League Cup final last year, only on this occasion the manager fixed it in time. It strikes me that he might be a better winger than a right back, since he seems to do better with the ball at his feet than dealing with oncoming attackers. At the end of the day, he's 18 going up against an in-form Sadlier though, so you can't be too harsh. Tosi was great at the hold-up play, and I was stunned with how coolly he slotted home with the chip, like a guy whose been scoring for fun. Whitehead was good, Lynch was great. Duggan a little anonymous but did his job well enough. Clarke saved the day defensively when he came on, though Cork had enough chances and half-chances to win the game if they had been at the races.

Market's Field looked grand on TV, save for the pitch, which seems to be in a bit of a state, despite what the commentators were saying. The extra Cork allocation didn't seem to effect things too much.

Good position now, need to push on and get the points against Drogs, Pats and Galway, don't get lulled into thinking we're safe. As for next week, you'd assume Cork will be extra motivated, and Ogbene will get a harsh reception for no good reason. It's all uncharted territory.

We've had to put up with a lot of negative stuff with the club this season - on the field, off it, on here - some of it justified, some of it in no way justified. Last night was one of those nights that make it all worth it.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Just to clarify sandwich boy I'm not a girl and I've been a Limerick supporter since the Eoin Hand days. I'm sure I'm certainly older than you and seen plenty of changes at this great club. I'm just wondering why every post you put up has to mention the BA and a certain member of that group. I'd like to read your posts without your obsessions included. Are you actually a boy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Are you actually a sandwich?

Thought the pitch was sticky, Should have dealt with the rain we've had recently and it was disappointing. That said we kicked the ball away more often than not so it disrupted Cork more than us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Analysis: McDonald’s man-management vindicated by sweet Munster derby success: http://bit.ly/2hozQFK

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=AlanOB;1936884]Analysis: McDonald’s man-management vindicated by sweet Munster derby success: http://bit.ly/2hozQFK[/
    Vindication of McDonald, your having a laugh. Going through the dressing room or any workplace like the plague is a Victorian concept, fine if you have an alternative, toxic when you don't, and could have cost us our premier position. Actually reminiscent of NOC jettisoning Derek McCarthy in the middle of a promotion push which ultimately ended up with us dropping, off the pace and a dressing room lost. Dropping Trace is one thing, not acknowledging your screw up and playing players out of position is criminal and reflects in the poor Limerick attendance last night. You obviously have your own agenda regarding Duggan, but as they say someone has to "pay" for the free press. Best of luck in your new position as club PRO .. slotting in nicely....

10. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Are you actually a sandwich?
    Good thing I'm not or the big lads at the back of the stand might eat me

LK37oldskool, sorry the nature of your posts made me think you were a lady. Apologies about that. In any case there is no obsession, the red head drummer seems to be at the fore of the moronic activity. I'm not making up lies I'm only relaying facts. He was roaring abhorrent abuse at Dave O'Connor against Finn Harps and last night singing his name off the field. He shouted for somebody to break Sean Maguire's leg in the Cup game back in April. Stood at the tunnel antagonizing Ollie Horgan as he left the field a few weeks ago for no reason. He isn't the only one who conducts himself poorly. A blue army member was abusing Ryan Brennan last week after halftime. There is a lot more moronic behavior which people like yourself endorse and I don't. If people act like scumbags they should be prepared for people to talk about them acting like scumbags.

Robbie Williams was a great servant to Limerick. He wanted to stay at the club. If the gambling rumours were true he would have been reported and you can be sure Cork would have heard before signing him. Very poor form and gives a bad representation of the fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Not sure what in my posts indicated i might be female but your misogynistic and patronizing reply tells me enough about you.
    After this i wont be responding to your posts on the BA anymore. I will finish by making a few points.
    I don't condone some of the chants or behavior of the group all the time. It goes on in every league in the world. However goading and baiting of players, officials and supporters of other clubs has been constant for decades in football. Limerick fans are no worse than any others in this league. They have never stooped to the level of some , like Cork , who have racially abused players. Ex players always get stick from the fans they left, its more common than you think. Logic is not always at the forefront of supporters during the intensity of the game. Ollie Horgan is a pitiful man who's example as a manager is beyond excusable and i have no sympathy for him. From experience the Rovers & Bohs fans put our lot in the halfpenny league when it comes to dishing out abuse. I just wish that you could post items on football matters and i would gladly respond in an honest discussion with you. All the best kid.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    What a result and great effort. Cork should still have scored in the second half....but for once we got to ride some luck. some great blocks put in during the second half.
    Poor home crowd alright, pity, but still a great atmosphere. Didn't like the booing of Williams.
    I have not been a fan of MacDonald, but he does at least have the lads playing for him. Super shift all-round by everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    My only complaint and its a tiny tiny thing is can someone pleased teach JP a thing or two about football he is constantly interrupting the best times for a bit of atmosphere. There is no need to be in a huge rush to get your own voice in there when a goal has just been scored be quiet let the noises of the ground take over then when it's settled down call out the scorer and for the love of god be quiet and let the team take the acclaim as they are coming off on a night like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Mcdonald seems to be getting his team selection and formation right. It would be nice to hear him say he made a mistake in not using Tracy earlier but we all know that won't happen. There is definitely a belief in the squad now and his substations were inspired last night. Maybe it took him this long to access his squad and the quality of the league also. Result of the season yesterday. Defence has improved no end. Hery must be signed up ASAP as there'll be no shortage of takers if we leave it to late. Another superb performance. Is there a better midfielder in the league?

16. Thanks From:

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fantastic game, fantastic result. Credit to the Blue Army. Was great to see the entire stand involved in the singing at the end there. Hery has been superb in the last 5/6 games or so. He's a class above most in the team, a joy to watch.
    Hopefully now we can kick on in the league and even possibly pull off a shock next week in the cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Magnificent performance by all bar one or two (no more Barry Cotter now please and thanks)

We are still far more likely to be hammered next week than win next week but we can go down and have a right cut off them now.

The disgusting racial abuse of Chedozie Ogbene by a section of the cork crowd AGAIN should provide our players with all the motivation they need.

And lads Neil McDonald. We may be ugly as sin. And weay be carrying a couple of token comedy players. But the man has won four of his last six.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    My only complaint and its a tiny tiny thing is can someone pleased teach JP a thing or two about football he is constantly interrupting the best times for a bit of atmosphere.
    It's not a tiny thing. Fairplay to the man I've heard him plug us on radio a couple of times. But he's atmosphere arsenic. Someone should have a polite word with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    If Cotter can nail a position down, concentrate for 90+ mins and cut out the brain farts he'll be grand. Real talent and ability, a serious athlete by the looks of things, just falls down on the mental side of the game. So BC playing right full for the semifinal and the remainder of the league season? Probably no thanks. BC as a 24 year old mature player? I'd take that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    He looks like he will be a very good player. He is very young and not used to right back anyway I think. He is playing in big games now because of others' ineptitude in clearing the place of anyone related to a RB. Completely understandable he wouldn't have the positional sense at this point. We won't have to wait until he is 24 and it won't necessarily be at RB. I think Dean has shown enough to make it his spot for the last few games so we will be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    This idea of hes young give him a chance doesn't wash with me. Tosi is 34 but hes good. Stephen mcgann was 16 when he started with us as was David O'Leary they were very young but they were good. Cotter is not good. Hes 18/19 and he is not good. He should have been sent out on loan to the first division for a year.
    If a player is in the team per say because he is young that is not a requirement of any team bar aged groups (u12/u13 etc)
    This is a senior team. In a relegation battle.
    This was our first televised game in the markets field without Martin Russell. Therefore this was the first televised game without sean Russell. And we won. Motto dont play players for televisual purposes and you will win

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    There was a moment in the first half where he lost the ball in the Cork half then ran back and won it back. He's not lazy at least, but he's not skilled enough to be a right back going up against the likes of Sadlier. He needs a lot of coaching and game-time, but I wouldn't write him off.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast