Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cork League (Neutral Venue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    You got me it's me that is banned from the cross. Mad then that I was complaining about the treatment of our fans the last day. Don't bother actually reading everything before you comment works well.

One of our fans did do something stupid that COULD have ended in bother at least yours go all the way with it like the las that nearly got himself killed up at Tolka (saved by a Limerick fan btw) and the lad that ended in an ambulance after attacking Limerick fans outside Thomond so you can see why I would worry about security with your lads.
    So it's impossible for you to be banned and also know what happened at the cross after? I mean it's unthinkable that you could talk to people there.
    If it's not you then fair enough. But you do sound bitter.
    I'm not going to defend the actions of anyone. Plenty of idiotic behaviour from some city fans. The shels incident was six or so years ago though and it's been mostly quiet in recent years aside from flares and the likes. I'm not aware of the Limerick incident. As it happens I'm not a part of that crowd, would know a few to talk to from travelling to games.

But I get it. You'd prefer as few away fans as possible. Attitudes like yours are why clubs like Limerick have crowds of 1500. Before you jump on that comment I'm not exactly ecstatic that our own crowds aren't better but turning away fans so that a grassy bank can be made available for a few home fans who could otherwise be accommodated a few yards closer to the halfway line does nothing for your club or the league as a whole.
    Three posts from me. Three replies too. None actually addressing any of my comments though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Three posts from me. Three replies too. None actually addressing any of my comments though
    For my own part, I'm actually quite busy, and they are genuinely, hand on heart, all three of them, oozing with dribble and bluster and nonsense.

I don't have the time. Honestly. I might laterthis evening.

Still think you'd be better off taking your faux concern to the city forum though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hope city's fans disdain for ex- Cork City players playing with Limerick extends beyond Ogbene tonight. They were tweets from some Cork City fans at the Turners X match which suggested more than a hint of racist intent.

On the other hand, because the two cities are so close to each other we should be wise to the fact that they are plenty of Cork people living in Limerick who are not going to have got an away ticket (only on sale in Cork). At the first match saw a father with kids being given abuse on the popular side because one of his kids cheered when Cork scored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    What? Thats just stupid. You get 1,000 paying customers (actually I'm not sure if we have sold all 1,000 but I hope so), and considetring your average for the year is 1,538, that has to be a good thing. I see someone else mentioned that the security costs would be through the roof because of this, thats equally silly. Theres a large crowd traveling either way. Many would have tried to buy tickets for the home end, leading to more security issues. JKeepign us all in one or two areas makes us much easier to manage.

Enjoy the game, I know I will try to, and we'll see you back in Cork next week for the Semi final. Big week for your club, focus on the positives.
    So giving Cork 3 or 4 or 5 times the amount of tickets ye are entitled to and giving ye a chance to possibly outnumber Limerick fans doesn't suit ye...... Jesus you're obviously having a drink or two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    So giving Cork 3 or 4 or 5 times the amount of tickets ye are entitled to and giving ye a chance to possibly outnumber Limerick fans doesn't suit ye...... Jesus you're obviously having a drink or two
    I'm just surprised a Cork fan went so long without telling us we should be fan owned.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    582 Posts
    They can have every seat in the ground, as long as we get at least a point.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Robbie is tubby enough isn't he

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Robbie is tubby enough isn't he
    I heard that mentioned tonight alright.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Great great night to be in the ground, wonderful stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Those Cork supporters are rubbish. They were so quiet through the game.
    Great atmosphere created by the Limerick fans. Memorable night.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    851 Posts
    Fantastic win lads what a night, well done to all involved, a massive result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    As well as the well noted ones Dave O'Connor and Dean Clarke were unreal.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Superb performance in front of the camera's. Hopefully they can push on or safety now and give Cork at rattle next week in turners cross.

Ogbene really showed his potential tonight as did Sadlier for Cork.

Buzzing

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    A brilliant effort from the entire team even allowing for one or two poor individual performances,O Connor and Hery outstanding in a great game with some fierce battles,wonder can we play in this ..neutral..venue every week.man of the match for me has to go to John Caulfield,since Maguires departure he has made some glaring errors of judgement and in making one in particular i want to take this opportunity to sincerely thank him..thank you John for taking that overweight sack of unprofessional rubbish of our hands AND playing him tonight.He must be an absolute embarassment to all associated with Cork City [surely they have 19s defender who could do the job].Super three points marshelled by Mcdonald ..a very good night.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Brilliant stuff. Everyone worked their ******** off, Tosi was unreal challenging for lost balls in the second half just to take the sting out of the defence. Some change from Dave O'Connor being called a "reject sh**bag" by the red head drummer to getting his name chanted off the field three weeks alter. Fine player when he was played in the right position. Not sure why a player forced out of the club got such a poor reception. I presume Paul O'Conor will get the same treatment in a few weeks.

The subs were brilliant, first time I think everyone in the ground agreed with the decisions. It was inspiring to see the team were well drilled to deal with Cork's high line, played some beautiful passes in to the space in the first half when their midfielders pressed. Their only tactic was to cross the ball and hack Ogbene. Nicely set up for next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Cotter was ****. Good sub made.birki was poor but did run about a lot. Crowe is good in that position. Ball retention by the fans on the popular side won the crowd battle

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Sandwich boy there's a reason Robbie was forced out. When a player bets on his own team to lose do you expect the fans to give him a guard of honour lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    It is if that's what he did tonight...here you go Rodrigo, swan off there and chip the keeper

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Tosi first goal scorer he had backed.
    Super atmosphere created by the boys at the back of the stand. At one stage there was about 70 kids with them. Great to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Don't say that too loudly or sandwich boy will get upset. He's allergic to them.
    Especially obsessed with the drummer. All the crowd responded well to the Blue Army singing. Made for a superb atmosphere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast