Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea fans

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chelsea fans

Last week, myself and a couple of friends made the trip to Barcelona to see the Barca Chelsea match. We arrived on the Monday and the place was all quiet. Come Tuesday night the place was filling up with Chelsea fans. They were walkin around singing no srrender to the IRA and other anti Irish related chants.

We headed out on Tuesday night and one of my mates was wearing an Argentina shirt and got abuse from Chelsea fans all night. One fellow even tried to start a fight with him.

On Wednesday the match day we headed out to the stadium in our Barca gear(being Barca supporters). The match was great. After the match we got the metro back into the city. We got so much abuse from the Chelsea fans for wearin the barca gear and obviuosly not being Spanish. When we got off the metro only for the presence of the riot police im sure we would have received a good beaten.

One of the most frightening experiences of my life.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any frightening experiences at any foreign football games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not so much hooligan related but before the Portugal v Ireland game at the Stadium of Light (1995) the crush outside the pitifully few opened turnstyles was horrible. Thousands of Ireland fans trying to get into four or five enterences, I've been in crushes before outside matches but that was the worst.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    gerry, such a pack of d*cks, i really did not think they would be so thick as to be singing chants like that, suppose we have to feel sorry for them, being so stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    GerryPeyton,
    Yeah, six of us went to Barcelona-Newcastle about two years ago. On the Monday night the Toon army wrecked a number of pubs just off the Ramblas. We also saw them down in the Olimpico part of town and they started fighting with each other.

Going to the match on the Tuesday you could feel the tension. Thank fcuk the match was called off - waterlogged pitch. By the following night most of them had gone home so there wasnt alot of trouble. The Camp Nou was only 'half-full' - 55,000.

Was in Germany in 88.
    One night there were loads of locals and Spanish, Dutch and Italians waiting for the Ingerlish fans to come out of an Irish pub.
    We had to take off our jerseys and wave them out the door before we could exit or else we'd have getting bricked out of it.

Re; Argentina jersey
    Believe it or not I once walked into a night club in MAGALUF and forgot I was wearing an Argie jersey. The bouncer warned me going in but there was no going back. Everyone in there looked at me but must have thought that I was a lunatic and no-one bothered me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrypeyton
    One of the most frightening experiences of my life.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any frightening experiences at any foreign football games
    Ther was a mad bit of trouble in 'Place de clichy'(moulin rouge) when we were in paris. Outside O' Sullivans a group of lads(don't know what nationality they were) were causing trouble. I saw one wielding a knife and bottles were being f-ucked here and there. There was at least a 1000 irish people there but your man walked right by me with the knife, and he was looking fairly p-issed off...... Alot of the guys on this site will remember this i'm sure.....
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We've all (I presume) been to matches in England to watch our own team or indeed with your mates to watch their team. I assume most of you have never experienced any trouble either at the game or in town that night. I'm talking mid nineties onwards here.

Has anyone gone to a Champions League and witnessed those same well behaved fans suddenly turn nasty.

After my experience of the Toon Army in Barcelona I will NEVER go to another away game featuring an English team. I would rather go to a Serie A or La Liga match at a weekend.

Anyone any views on this.

eL fans, relax, I go to games aswell.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what did you expect at a chelsea game the headhunters are one of the worst firms about really hate filled morons people like tony frain who slit a cops neck for the laugh , you were lucky to get away with out any fights that weekend at the barca game !!

a very good line written about these people is

"he dont like blacks or queers but he's proud we beat the nazi's , how queer !"

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic
    We've all (I presume) been to matches in England to watch our own team or indeed with your mates to watch their team. I assume most of you have never experienced any trouble either at the game or in town that night. I'm talking mid nineties onwards here.

Has anyone gone to a Champions League and witnessed those same well behaved fans suddenly turn nasty.
    I've seen trouble at matches, never mind in town, right through the 90's right through to present day. If you've not witnessed it you've been lucky. It's a total press/FA myth that it's gone away.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan1
    Ther was a mad bit of trouble in 'Place de clichy'(moulin rouge) when we were in paris. Outside O' Sullivans a group of lads(don't know what nationality they were) were causing trouble. I saw one wielding a knife and bottles were being f-ucked here and there. There was at least a 1000 irish people there but your man walked right by me with the knife, and he was looking fairly p-issed off...... Alot of the guys on this site will remember this i'm sure.....
    Ya I was there 2 what I saw happen was a load of Dublin young lads were messin about and wouldn't let a car down the road and the driver got out and punched one of the young fellas then the whole gang jumped on the car and distroyed it. Car got away and then came back with reinforcements and glass bottles ect.. Saw one fella with a knife alright but didn't see it used.. only went on for a few mins or was I just that drunk it seemed shorter
    about 5 bottles were thrown into the crowd and..
    Only 2 boys injured as far as I heard only minor..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    95 Scousers (RIP) going to their deaths.....
    96 fans died, not 95.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypeyton
    Come Tuesday night the place was filling up with Chelsea fans. They were walkin around singing no srrender to the IRA and other anti Irish related chants.
    Goes back to a topic on here ages ago, where I said I couldn't understand why any Irish fans would support Chelsea, as they are basically the Glasgow Rangers of the premiership. They are a horrible club, not only their fans, but also their manager and their general attitude. They continue to prove it at all levels, most recently in Barcelona and in Cardiff. I hate seeing Duffer playing for them, but that's football. If it wasn't for the fact that Man Utd are the only side that can catch them, I wouldn't want them to win anything at all.

BTW, did ye notice how lifeless, how colourless and how mundane the Chelsea supporters were in Cardiff on Sunday? The Liverpool fans put them to absolute shame on the day - before, after and during the game. Just goes to show you can't buy everything......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    96 fans died, not 95.
    You're both right, in a way.
    95 died 'on the day' with another poor unfortunate in a coma for a year or something before the machine was switched off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Yeah, but nobody refers to 95. They're known as the Hillsborough 96, 'Justice For The 96' campaign etc.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    same reason irish people support liverpool the orange club and not everton the irish catolic club ! coz none of this rubbish should matter in football .
    if you support celtic you have to put up with ignorant rasist biggots the same as if you support rangers or chelsea.

ever been to a celtic game and heard the hatefull crap out of there mouths .

one comment was " i hate those biggoted, orange hun *******s"
    Last edited by anto1208; 02/03/2005 at 3:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    I've seen trouble at matches, never mind in town, right through the 90's right through to present day. If you've not witnessed it you've been lucky. It's a total press/FA myth that it's gone away.
    More like a 'cover-up'.
    I remember living in London once and walking through Victoria station which was deserted and closed up. The Toon Army had rampaged through it after losing at Wimbledon.
    Next day - nothing in the papers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    in fairness chelsea are filth. and millwall. you should have expected that behavior from the chelsea fans.theyr arguably the worst of the lot re the whole anti irish crap

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    same reason irish people support liverpool the orange club and not everton the irish catolic club ! coz none of this rubbish should matter in football .
    if you support celtic you have to put up with ignorant rasist biggots the same as if you support rangers or chelsea.

ever been to a celtic game and heard the hatefull crap out of there mouths .

one comment was " i hate those biggoted, orange hun *******s"

" i hate those biggoted, orange hun *******s"[/
    theres nothing wrong with that.thats a statement of fact.

regardless of whether it should or shouldnt matter, it does ,like it or not --simple as that. try open your mouth with an irish accent at ibrox,even in a hun shirt ,see if you get out alive and well. do the same at stamford brigde you wont be very welcome in many parts of the ground.the irish chelsea supporters club complained in the evil herald a few months ago that the club often situate them next to the chelsea loyalist mob.however ive no sympathy for these people,they shouldnt be following a horrible notorious racist club like chelsea anyway.

as for liverpool, anfield road has an orange lodge and lots of loyalists in the area.if youre irish you would be putting yourself in danger to live there

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic
    More like a 'cover-up'.
    I remember living in London once and walking through Victoria station which was deserted and closed up. The Toon Army had rampaged through it after losing at Wimbledon.
    Next day - nothing in the papers.
    blatant cover-up alright.and irish papers are worse for it.they propagate the myth of premiership being the be all and end all, yet when a few handbags are thrown at Rovers v gypos its front page headlines. cue "vomit smiley"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    is there any particular english club that would have a general positive/welcoming attitude to the Irish. everton would be one, i believe. and ive only ever been to one english league game, tranmere v colchester coupla weeks ago. no obvious anti-irish attitudes at prenton park as far as i noticed

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    " i hate those biggoted, orange hun *******s"[/
    theres nothing wrong with that.thats a statement of fact.
    you miss my point it was the fact he was calling them rassist biggots while at the same time also using rassist biggoted terms to discribe them .

you call millwall /chelsea fans scum for signing anti irish songs surely celtic fans are scum aswell for signing anti english songs !!

only club in england i know with a fondness for the irish is indeed everton , common misconseption that liverpool are the "irish" club
    Last edited by anto1208; 02/03/2005 at 4:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    I can back that up too. It's goes on every week, up and down the UK ie. West Ham v Cardiff, unbelievable trouble and no mention in the media.

Conor - Up to 1000 Leeds tried to get at Cardiff this season. The Yorkshire cops saids Cardiff fans behaved impeccably. Leeds are total scum still, despite the fact that the media don't care 'cos they're not famous anymore.

And the lads who were upset at some píssed up Chelsea or Newcastle fans should try attending the Rome derby - now that's real trouble. Terrifying and exhilirating at the same time.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast