Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chelsea fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caino
    People like that who get angry and abusive over someone else wearing the opposite colours is so stupid and pathetic. I dont understand why people cant go to footy matches and just enjoy seeing the beautifull game being played especially by 2 outstanding teams, thats what footy is all about, enjoy yourself no matter where it is being played or who the 2 teams are.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat O' Banton
    ... and he didn't even say that his mates had natural rhythm or anyother similar comments.
    Sssshhh!! Don't mention the two Jamaicans that I used to work with and their wives that I was drinking with either before the second game. Hopefully if word gets through to Conor, they were there merely selling me some drugs. Honest!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Here's one for you and Sylvo to pin up. You'll surely find it a hoot. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eywhite/II.jpg
    Oh dear! Now you know what I look like and what team I support. Unfortunately, neither myself nor Sylvo are that sad that we'd ever keep any cuttings of Bowyer and Woodgate and the assaults on the assault of two Asian blokes, sorry, Paki-bashing, for you to look at. But here's a link detailing it for you: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...al/default.stm
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Ah, so because Woodgate was involved in a serious assault it's okay for you to make light of the deaths of two fans?

I can't pretend to understand your logic (cue some hilarious response about my IQ as above). Frankly I find it distasteful.
    Serious RACIAL assault: Get it right!

One thing that I know not to do when you go into sanctimonious mode is to explain myself. Total waste of f*cking time. What I am doing is go along with all your little fantasies about Celtic and their racist, British fans and me being Eva Braun's love child, and generally take the p*ss out of you (just in case you haven't noticed). You in turn rise to the occasion thus providing me and a few others on here with great entertainment.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Clearly you know more about the case than the prosecution and the Judge. Check what both said about the racist angle, check why the initial case was stopped after the Mirror article alleged racism, check whether or not Bowyer was convicted, and come back here and debate the matter.
    Ahhh! The British Justice system. Wonderful. It was all lies about Bowyer's previous regarding race including the time he turned up at the house of a girlfriend to find her mother was Indian. Yeah, race had nothing to do with it. And there's leprechauns living in Tralee.
    Either way, I still don't see why Woodgate perpetrating a terrible assault justifies your making light of the fans who died at Istanbul.
    You seem very concerned about the death of two foreign fans in Istanbul. Hope you were equally concerned when a Celtic fan was knifed after the 1999 Scottish Cup final merely on the grounds of his ethnicity (which was BTW Irish). Didn't the murderer admit this in a pathetic attempt to get a reduced sentence under the GFA? It's just I never hear you go on about that much.
    I'm used to you choosing to abuse me rather than the posts. But the range of abuse is disappointingly limited.
    That's because it doesn't need to be varied. Just keep mentioning Mark Walters and bananas.
    Ah, the second generation Irish, London based Celtic fan club? 'Few' is the operative word, though, so don't think you run the place just yet, even if you have seen off eoinh.
    Junior lives in Manchester. Davros is 1G. And I hope you're not accusing me of being a Celtic fan. I'm merely a Celtic apologist. As you can see regarding Airdrie, my knowledge of Scottish football is appalling. Last visit to Parkhead for a game not involving Ireland was November 1984, before Mark Walters and the bananas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah, the second generation Irish, London based Celtic fan club? 'Few' is the operative word, though, so don't think you run the place just yet, even if you have seen off eoinh.
    Seen off Eoin? Don't think so, used to be some banter (sometimes heated) but if you go back to the thread where he said he ws posting no more I think you'll find its nothing to do with the London Irish. And just to state I think the site was better with people like him on.
    Lets get one thing straight, we are not here to be in the business of running people off this board or even running the board, much as i sometimes disagree with dahamsta I think he does an unenviable and good job. We are however going to post about subjects that we feel strongly about - even if sometimes we get things wrong and we will posts whether you like our opninons or not, I would have thought that was the point of having a discussion board to swap opinions and sometimes argue your corner. Now you may not like what Lopez or Sylvo says about you, but i don't particularly enjoy myselfs and my mates being branded as part of some mass rascist conspiracy but I put up with it from you.
    So don't give your posts an air of lunatics taking over the asylum as you know its rubbish.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The fallacies & half-baked-ness revolves around conclusions re.people you've never met,grounds/games/places you've never been to & experiences,which may have,er,been relevant a decade ago.......

As expected, no specifics, just self-righteous, scattergun allegation. I judge people on message boards from what they say there. Whether we've met is largely irrelevant unless someone habitually contradicts on-line what they say in person. I never describe what it was like to stand on the Jungle or sit behind the goal at Ibrox because, as you say, I've never done either. I can however, comment on what I see and hear in TV coverage, if I can return to a favorite theme you find so upsetting- ie, basically that the two halves of the Firm are as bad as one another. My experience of watching games at Stamford Bridge is relevant enough if you accept that

a) the sectarian/ racist atmosphere there was a lot worse then than now

b) I have actually experienced some anti-Irish prejudice there, albeit it was a long time ago and pretty mild compared with what black and Asian friends and other fans suffered.

As for 'comments' re.NL,I was of course-directing them elsewhere......

Lighten up. It was a joke, which should be immediately obvious to any foot.ie readers who were there, or anyone who looks up the relevant thread- where I make clear that your 'Orange cnut' reference was directed at me, not Lennon. Still a completely fcukwitted thing to say, though. But what should we expect from Mr 'Feck off or inter-grate' (threads, passim)?

No offence, but that logic is retarded

Four, you can of course agree with Davros or anyone else on these threads. But, to repeat, either back up your charge or retract it, please?
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Getting back on topic, I thought the lad Kezman with the pudding basin hairdo done well

Dav: I've been a regular visit to Glasgow since the early 80s, thanks for asking. Getting a bit pompous there, aren't ye?
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Conor74]Clearly you know more about the case than the prosecution and the Judge. Check what both said about the racist angle, check why the initial case was stopped after the Mirror article alleged racism, check whether or not Bowyer was convicted, and come back here and debate the matter.

Was this not a thug who had got away with a slap on the wrist after he went on the rampage in a take away in South London, and gave out racist abuse to staff, seems like this was about his third little run in of this kind of nature

[ QUOTE= CONOR74]Either way, I still don't see why Woodgate perpetrating a terrible assault justifies your making light of the fans who died at Istanbul.

I think you'll find that myself and Lopez had said that neither of those fans deserved what they got, but you don't hear to much about the shocking scenes that Leeds fans were involved in that night like abusing everybody that came anywhere in contact near them, or their making friends with the locals by phissing on the Turkish flag in public. Leeds fans were a disaster waiting to happen, anyone that had been to a game were Leeds were the opposition could pretty much tell you that, and sadly there has been some innocent Turkish kids killed here in London because of what happened that night. I'll give you 10 points out of 10 if you can find any national paper headlines about those killings.

[QUOTE=conor74] I'm used to you choosing to abuse me rather than the posts. But the range of abuse is disappointingly limited.

I have to say it's always been your post I've always attacked not you, even though if I can remember rightly I was accused of supporting and laughing at domestic violence due to Celtic fans taunting Gazza about being a cowardly thug. but hey thats all in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by CONOR74

Don't think we run the place, I like that, the London based Celtic supporters club I like it, as Lopez said he's not really that mad about Celtic just comes to see them when they make their often trips to play in London. Yes me Pat support them but we're also fans of the EL in the same way you support Cork City and Leeds is your team over here, but you seem to want to make a big thing about Celtic for some reason. , few you say though would that be few in the same way that a few eejits chucked stuff at Mark Walters 18 years ago but as far as you are concerned Parkhead is like the main square in Nurumburg when the guy from Austria with the tash drove through it in the Volkswaggon, and hey all this from someone who follows Leeds.

And Eoinh if I remember had a run in over a thread on the off topic which I think might have been about Sinn Fein, which I don't think (apart from Davros) any of us got involved in and I include Junior in that, so another wrong accusation there Conor. I was sorry to see that he went like that because he did have a great knowledge of clubs all around the world and indeed football in total, but he was the one that chose to go off. so hey we're getting blamed for that as well. Anyway do you know what happened to Mark Walters, whats he up to these days.
    Last edited by sylvo; 08/03/2005 at 10:21 PM.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Circling the wagons?

Gosh, if I rounded up my cyber mates from the Cork City boards, and others who don't start salivating at the sound of 'The Fields of Athenry', we could have sort of like a cyber stand off...

Hey have we not already been there, were'nt a few of them blowing a fuse when the name CELTIC were mentioned in the past, thankfully things have calmed down a bit It seems they've left you all alone to drag out the campaign against anyone who happens to also support Celtic as well as our favourite EL clubs, they seem to also have left you with one topic of argument, that being about something that happened 18 years ago.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Circling the wagons? Gosh, if I rounded up my cyber mates from the Cork City boards, and others who don't start salivating at the sound of 'The Fields of Athenry', we could have sort of like a cyber stand off...
    'Boooo, hoooo, hoo!!! I'm going to get some of my mates round to beat you up!' Yeah bring them on. Bring them f*cking on!! Or should I say: Bring them BACK on! Standoff. More like more p*ss-take fodder. Very sensible people some of the Planky Gang. They wouldn't support Sell-Thick (Brits) and don't even bother asking about other Irish teams in European competition (Scum). Rather have a cr*p league even though they are always banging on about Sell-thick being the reason for it. But it all doesn't matter when you have a little secret English side that you can always support. Even if it has seen better days and currently languishes in the 2nd Division (or whatever f*cking division/championship it's called these days).
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    And Eoinh if I remember had a run in over a thread on the off topic which I think might have been about Sinn Fein, which I don't think (apart from Davros) any of us got involved in and I include Junior in that, so another wrong accusation there Conor. I was sorry to see that he went like that because he did have a great knowledge of clubs all around the world and indeed football in total, but he was the one that chose to go off. so hey we're getting blamed for that as well. Anyway do you know what happened to Mark Walters, whats he up to these days.
    Eoinh? Didn't he take a walk after DH claimed he was 'trolling'. Not even a ban. Another deluded rant from el rey de los cojones.
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Last heard of playing for Willenhall Town(a suburb of the 'lovely' Wolver-ham-erton'),last season in the Midland Alliance.....joined in Nov'02.....still playing @ the age of 40
    Got an address for Conor, Dav? He can write to him and ask about those bananas in the eighties. Funny if he replied: Which ones? Leeds or Chelsea?

BTW: Accusations of racial abuse against visitors at Stanford Bridge last night? Shurely shome mishtake?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gardner
    Some on this thread say they can't understand any Irish person supporting Chelsea. Their reasoning seems to be,

a) Chelsea are similar to and linked with Rangers

b) who are rivals to Celtic

c) thus Chelsea are rivals to Celtic

d) who are the only half of the Old Firm appropriate for Irish fans to support.

e) Zzzzz....
    Right, I'll spell it out for you. First of all with regard to part (a), who said anything about Chelsea being linked to Rangers? I certainly didn't. Similar yes, linked no. Part (c) is where things get retarded. Part (c) makes no sense, because part (a) is not correct in the first place. Chelsea rivals to Celtic? What are you on about man?

Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    Shall I give you a clue about my achilles heel? It's what you used to call Silvio Dante - rather below the belt it seemed in retrospect - when you two quarrelled over Celtic. The name begins with a B, ends with a T and rhymes with a three letter word that sums you up just perfectly.
    So let me get this straight. The holier than thou, condescending, self-righteous Conor74 calling people names and labelling them? God i'm shocked. How about you add the last line above to your signature Conor, you sad man

Quote Originally Posted by caino
    I dont understand why people cant go to footy matches and just enjoy seeing the beautifull game being played especially by 2 outstanding teams, thats what footy is all about, enjoy yourself no matter where it is being played or who the 2 teams are.
    Yeah, if only there was world peace and everyone was a millionaire. Watch GAA and rugby if you want friendly rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    BTW: Accusations of racial abuse against visitors at Stanford Bridge last night? Shurely shome mishtake?
    I know, what's the world coming to at all

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I was being facetious, Lopez. Hence starting the sentence with a 'gosh'. I wasn't really proposing a cyber scrap, honestly. Sorry you didn't realise that before your 10 line post replete with abuse, swearing, sarcasm, 'roll eye' emoticons etc. etc. etc.
    Dohhh! Should've known with the b*llocks you come out with, it was cr*p.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    So let me get this straight. The holier than thou, condescending, self-righteous Conor74 calling people names and labelling them? God i'm shocked. How about you add the last line above to your signature Conor, you sad man.
    Oh dear!!! Take it you're not one of Conor's Cork City imaginary cyberbuddies?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I'll return when this board gets a moderator that enforces the rule about attacking the post not the poster.
    Sadly the mods don't agree with your wish that this thread is closed...yet. Must be a Limerick London 2G Celtic fan club member.
    ...people who can't even tell that 4tothefloor's avatar is not that of Cork City...
    Didn't you know I was being facetious. Or did you need me to put GOSH at the beginning.

Before you go I'd like to put up a little montage where you've attacked the post not the poster. (All from just the first half of the Celtic thread)
    You really are not the brightest crayon in the box...
    Umm, hate to spoil your evening but you are the very essence of a "Plastic Paddy".
    The only condolence I can offer is not to take it too badly, there's nothing you can do about it and noone really judges people by whether or not their mother gave birth in Ireland, England or Katmandu. Though some get very sensitive about it so it can be useful wind up...
    Let's not get too hysterical because you got a bloody nose at school.
    Go on, give us a rant about Catholic priests and the Irish community in Glasgow, and a blast of "Oh Danny Boy" with a tremor in your voice.
    God, I bet you even bought an Easter Lily and can sing Sean South, fair play to you. Because being Republican should be all about flowers and music and following Scottish teams full of Scandanavian and English players. You hard man you.
    what with him being from the heartland of Ingerland I wouldn't expect Silvio or any other Brit to know this
    Silvio, you're soooooooo interesting, give us some more of your opinions on Tina Turner, Johnny Adair and the LVF, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...
    Only Yanks in Noraid and Plastic Paddys could care about that rubbish and think it "research".
    LOL! For an Anglo Saxon you have a sense of humour...Go on Silvio, tell us did you vote Tory or Labour last time out? Do you sing "God Save the Queen" before dinner?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    That's it for me I'm afraid.

I'll return when this board gets a moderator that enforces the rule about attacking the post not the poster.

Until then, 4tothefloor, Lopez and others of their ilk (excluding Davros, who in fairness never really believed that stuffing a post full of abuse constituted a valid point), tooraloo.

I think Lopez's last post sums it up. eL fans like eoinh are disappearing, to be replaced by people who can't even tell that 4tothefloor's avatar is not that of Cork City...
    That's childish. You're well able to give it.......surely you should know that if you keep winding people up and stirring things, you have to expect that people are going to take exception. I would never take things on here so seriously that I'd consider leaving the board

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, ye are gone way off topic again. Does every thread here have to be babysat?

This one is closed anyways.
    Last edited by Gary; 09/03/2005 at 6:45 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456