Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea fans

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    ....even saw him tapping his ('masonic'?) foot in time to the Celtic songs!
    Btw,DG already is a 'double' act......well in the context of Sunday dinners!

Ha ha ha, he is going to kick your @rse.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    he has been to 2 Ireland & one Celtic game in the last 9 months.....even saw him tapping his ('masonic'?) foot in time to the Celtic songs! We must attempt to attract a 'better class of person'!
    Played my Bhodran as well DG is the man!
    Last edited by Gary; 07/03/2005 at 9:53 AM. Reason: misspelling of the word MY
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Funky Dunc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSemi
    Dunno were you at the game Duncan, but there was a distinct difference between the colour and support shown by both sets of fans reflected in an entry into the Guinness Book of Records for Liverpool's. The array of songs sung by Liverpool supporters are second to none for their wit and intelligence-and the full repertoire rang loudest in Cardiff. I'd love to share some with you Duncan but the effect of them might be lost through this medium. Let's say there are songs for at least 12 members of last weeks 16 and we're not just talking of chanting a players name either.

The crap that came from the other end was the same drivel Chelsea fans have "sung" for years. We got a "Super, super Frank... super Frankie Lampard", "Blue is The Colour", some "carefree wherever we maybe" boll**ks (which was changed accordingly by the Red end; lyrics on request!) and the very catcy "Chelsea, Chelsea , Chelsea" number.

There's no point in me starting on the difference in humour and originality of banners and flags flying at both ends. The blue sh*te seemed to be trying to set a record for the number of George's flags and Union Jacks defacing the beautiful Millenium Stadium; whereas at the other end Liverpool fans again showed more inventiveness and charm than the whole of London could shake a stick at.
    Let me guess who you support?

I was at the rugby and only saw extra time live and the highlights but no obvious difference in the fans.

With all due respects it was hardly the same for both sets of fans anyway. This was a huge game for Liverpool and a fair better chance of European football than having to slog it through the Inter Toto. Although it was a trophy for Chelsea they have far bigger fish to fry.

No doubt Millwall were more passionate at Cardiff last year too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Albeit,in the manner of the Lambeg........
    Saw that one coming.......
    Nah pparrently he ain't into that-never played the flute neither
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain
    Let me guess who you support?

I was at the rugby and only saw extra time live and the highlights but no obvious difference in the fans.

With all due respects it was hardly the same for both sets of fans anyway. This was a huge game for Liverpool and a fair better chance of European football than having to slog it through the Inter Toto. Although it was a trophy for Chelsea they have far bigger fish to fry.

No doubt Millwall were more passionate at Cardiff last year too.
    There's something called characterless and Chelsea fans epitomised that. Yes, I am a Liverpool fan, but I'll be the first to admit as far as character goes Manure fans are on an even keel. There's a thing called a proud history which is displayed in the songs and banners of clubs such as Liverpool and Utd. Sadly, Chelsea don't have this(yet) and that was reflected in their support in Cardiff.

I don't buy the fact that it was a bigger game for Liverpool. If Chelsea had lost their season was on a slippery slope. Mourinho's actions indicated as much I think.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gardner
    Heard a funny story - told by Jerry Kilburn himself - about the time he spotted 'Duffer' coming out of SB. 'Oright Duffer' he goes then behind him were these c*nts from the O6C who started singing 'No Surrender!' JK done a rambo and steamed into them. Sounds great, although about as much an urban myth[/b]

If it's mythical, does that make them not c*nts then?
    Hmmm! Was thinking about the 'done a rambo and steamed into them' being a myth. As for the bit about 'c*nts from the O6C'? Do you think that is as implausible as the 30st bloke and the dwarf, or indeed man walking on the moon?

Or really, as I guess, are you so narrow-minded that anything remotely linked to in opposition with C*t*c, even very spuriously as here, is automatically bad? Or that anything outside the 26 is by definition un-Irish? I can see why you **** off the northern and expat crowds so much...
    Dunno what 4totheflor has done to **** off the 'expat crowds' although the 'anything outside the 26 is by definition un-Irish' could be directed at a number of people on this site (4tothe floor, apologies, but I DON'T see you on my W*nkers list). To be fair, it doesn't take much to **** off many of the British community in Ireland. One single tricolour, three nights of rioting circa 1964. C'mon on now Dunc: Stop masquerading as an eejit who is in reality quite savvy (as opposed to Connor 74).
    Quote Originally Posted by kerr's tribe
    i think the showdowns between dunc & dav are just hilarious keep it up! Actually i think you both would make a great double act, like ant&dec
    = Dunc & Dav
    One night in a pub in Kilburn I turned round and witnessed Dav had his arm round the great man. It was kinda surreal bearing in mind what goes on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSemi
    Dunno were you at the game Duncan...
    Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, f*cking blah. Good luck to Rafa, Morientes y Xavi cuando se vuelva. Good to see mis compadres show up the 'greatest league on earth'.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Hey, check the thread, Lopez brought it up. As I pointed out, clearly the Walters incident is a source of great amusement to him. In fairness to him he didn't bother attempting to deny it, or do the whole 'hey, one of my friends is black' routine...
    To be fair Conor, genrerally it is YOU that brings the issue up, for cheap point scoring purposes. Perhaps you're just a tad annoyed that you weren't quick enough on the keyboard this time.

ahh well I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities for you.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Hey, check the thread, Lopez brought it up...
    Nice weekend Connor? Actually Junior mentioned it first, but I guess he did that because he knew it wouldn't be long before you got in there.
    ...As I pointed out, clearly the Walters incident is a source of great amusement to him...
    What is clearly a great source of amusement and irony, to more than just me is that you keep bringing Walters and bananas up whenever Celtic are mentioned.
    ...In fairness to him he didn't bother attempting to deny it, or do the whole 'hey, one of my friends is black' routine...
    Didn't I? Oh I'm sorry: Especially for you mate, some of my friends are black. Must remember that in future. Might even have it as my signature. Didn't Jackie Healy Rae once say that?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    couldn't understand why any Irish fans would support Chelsea, as they are basically the Glasgow Rangers of the premiership. They are a horrible club, not only their fans, but also their manager and their general attitude. They continue to prove it at all levels, most recently in Barcelona and in Cardiff. I hate seeing Duffer playing for them

Not much evidence of their general anti-Irishness, Four, is it? They have a minority of thuggish fans with involved in hooliganism and with links to crime/ paramilitarism. And a much larger group of fans both in Ireland and among local Irish communities in London, as I mentioned. Mourinho's a bit of a div but hardly anti-Irish. Chelsea as a business will just treat Ireland- like anywhere else- as a market and maybe site for nursery club(s).

Well you guess wrong (what a surprise...) What are you on about? I have no time for Celtic, I don't like them at all.....You're the one linking Celtic to Ireland...what the f**k are you on about here? Who out of all the 'northern and expat crowds' do I p*ss off so much? You?

My apologies, Four. I didn't read through all your 600+ posts and just guessed a particular bias from your "they are basically the Glasgow Rangers of the Premiership". For all I know you may have an encyclopedic knowledge of Rangers, Chelsea and their respective premierships. I accept you are entirely separate from the Northern and expat baiters I mentioned- though they don't irritate me as much as some, thanks for asking.

No offence, but that logic is retarded

None taken, but that's not much of an answer, is it? Tell us why it's retarded, eh?

are the 'no surrender' flags that were spotted in cardiff regularly brought to chelsea matches?

I've seen them on TV, but in grounds all over England. They were prominent at Sheff Utd v Arsenal. (Haven't been to Chelsea regularly since the mid-90s I'm afraid).

With the exception of what you said above,this 'synopsis' contains the usual fallacies & half-baked 'theories'

Explain why they're fallacious or partly cooked then, Einstein?

i think the showdowns between dunc & dav are just hilarious keep it up! Actually i think you both would make a great double act, like ant&dec

Thanks KT- though our material might be a bit one-paced. BTW, am I right in thinking you had a date with the big man at the last Old Firm? If so, any chance of getting him a one-way ticket?

Dunno were you at the game Duncan?

No, I watched on TV. I take your point though. Last time I was there- Wales v NI- I was nearly deafened. Though, since we had about 5,000 fans and the Welsh 60,000, I'll concede that they may have made as much noise as we did. And that their songs were probably as inventive as ours. Send me an email or sound clip of those Liverpool songs, if you like.

Chelsea's hardcore in the 80s and 90s was smaller than many. In 1994, they played a rearranged league game against Coventry the midweek after a cup tie with Wolves. There were about 9,000 there.

he has been to 2 Ireland & one Celtic game in the last 9 months.....even saw him tapping his ('masonic'?) foot in time to the Celtic songs!

Aye, I enjoyed the Fulham- Celtic game. Highlights included Neil Lennon coming over to sign autographs at half -time. He was greeted with "sit down ye orange cnut!" from the general Davros direction. The big man also had an extended exchange of repartee with the ref and near-side linesman during the first half.

Spot on. Now Dunc put that in your pipe and smoke it, and while your at it, take off the blue tinted glasses

Only if you take the beam from your eye first.

Played ma Bhodran as well DG is the man!

If Liam can play, respect. I believe it's very difficult to learn. When the Rolling Stones played Slane way back, the Chieftains tried to teach Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts.

There's a thing called a proud history which is displayed in the songs and banners of clubs such as Liverpool and Utd. Sadly, Chelsea don't have this(yet) and that was reflected in their support in Cardiff

Chelsea celebrate their centenary this season. Ill-informed, patronising nonsense...

I don't buy the fact that it was a bigger game for Liverpool. If Chelsea had lost their season was on a slippery slope. Mourinho's actions indicated as much I think

You what? They would still have been six points clear with a game in hand! You're using Mourinho's eccentricity and bad behavior to justify a rant. Concentrate on catching Everton and staying ahead of the pack?

Hmmm! Was thinking about the 'done a rambo and steamed into them' being a myth. As for the bit about 'c*nts from the O6C'? Do you think that is as implausible as the 30st bloke and the dwarf, or indeed man walking on the moon?

No, I was merely guessing that if one half of the story's mythical, then the other might be too...

C'mon on now Dunc: Stop masquerading as an eejit who is in reality quite savvy (as opposed to Connor 74)

Mistaken identity as I explain above. Harsh on the Kerryman!

Good luck to Rafa, Morientes y Xavi cuando se vuelva

Did a double-take there, I thought you were calling Xavi Alonso a cnut...I thought he was their best player until his injury. Didn't Lampard take him out with a bad tackle? Oh well, back to the Spanish phrase book when I've done with the Polish. Volver a empezar...
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    [Good luck to Rafa, Morientes y Xavi cuando se vuelva

Did a double-take there, I thought you were calling Xavi Alonso a cnut...I thought he was their best player until his injury. Didn't Lampard take him out with a bad tackle? Oh well, back to the Spanish phrase book when I've done with the Polish. Volver a empezar...
    Being a bit flash I'm afraid there with my subjunctive (I'm a 'my glass is half empty' pessimist). Just in case his career is finished. BTW, you must remember Xavi's old man from your famous win in Valencia?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hola Senor. Aye, I remember Alonso but didn't realise they were related.
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is amazing the reaction fisty cuffs in Ireland gets at matches, the outrage in some "papers" over it is amazing.

I often wonder do the Irish meeja honestly not know what happens at English games or do they just ignore it because it will take away from their built up hype.

Remember being in Cardiff for the Carling Cup final last season (Bolton and Boro). Fans were mingling freely in some parts of the city centre, near the stadium but in other parts of the City they were having running battles tearing the crap out of each other. Didnt see it reported in any media over here, nor in Wales for that matter, not even the Echo ffs
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    [Thanks KT- though our material might be a bit one-paced. BTW, am I right in thinking you had a date with the big man at the last Old Firm? If so, any chance of getting him a one-way ticket?

yes, indeed, did meet the big man, was not at the game though. Nice to see who i am arguing with
    as for a o/w ticket, do u not think there would be civil war up here if he came for good ha ha
    Last edited by Green Tribe; 07/03/2005 at 1:10 PM. Reason: correction

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    I thought they went out of business (apologies for my lack of interest in the SPL)? Did like their shirt though.
    A bit late on this (work ) and going against my wishes never to speak of them but yes they did go out of business as Ardrie. When they were told that they would have to reapply and start again in the Scottish 3rd the new owners bought Clydebank FC changed the name to Ardrie United and relocated the club. So not only do they have probably the most bigoted fans in Scotland (and that is saying something), they stole another town's football team
    don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dis......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey, check the thread, Lopez brought it up. As I pointed out, clearly the Walters incident is a source of great amusement to him. In fairness to him he didn't bother attempting to deny it, or do the whole 'hey, one of my friends is black' routine...
    To back up what Junior said, it was only a matter of time before yer good self brought up the subject.

I know for a fact that one of Lopez's mate's from around his yard in Irish/Spanish Harlem Hempsted is in fact Black, even went with him to the Unity Cup.

Hey another mystery sorted.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    My apologies, Four. I didn't read through all your 600+ posts and just guessed a particular bias from your "they are basically the Glasgow Rangers of the Premiership". For all I know you may have an encyclopedic knowledge of Rangers, Chelsea and their respective premierships. I accept you are entirely separate from the Northern and expat baiters I mentioned- though they don't irritate me as much as some, thanks for asking....
    Apology accepted

No offence, but that logic is retarded
    None taken, but that's not much of an answer, is it? Tell us why it's retarded, eh?
    As what Davros said.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Hola Senor. Aye, I remember Alonso but didn't realise they were related.
    Looked more like you than Xavi. Played alongside my namesake in Donostia.
    Hmmmm. A fan of the Thorn Birds are we?
    Anyway, any 'jokes' about blacks or Asians for us?
    Yes thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith
    ...When they were told that they would have to reapply and start again in the Scottish 3rd the new owners bought Clydebank FC changed the name to Ardrie United and relocated the club.
    So they did a Brooklyn Dodgers/Wimbledon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith
    ...So not only do they have probably the most bigoted fans in Scotland (and that is saying something)...
    They must be f*cking bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    ...I know for a fact that one of Lopez's mate's from around his yard in Irish/Spanish Harlem Hempsted is in fact Black, even went with him to the Unity Cup.
    Awwww shucks. You've blown my cover. I was keen on stringing along Aldino(??)98 and Conor with their theories of my fashism/rarcism (sic.). Not even a denial that N was nothing more than my butler will undo the damage that you've done. BTW, I know Aldino's 98 stands for the year he was born but what's the 74 for, Conor? The number that that dodgy American IQ site gave you. Oh dear, while Sylvo hit home with references to the blokes taking on half of Istanbul and me causing a bit of a stir with Mark Walters and his bananas, you're completely missing the spot with me with some book about priests that can't keep their paws of women. Shall I give you a clue about my achilles heel? It's what you used to call Silvio Dante - rather below the belt it seemed in retrospect - when you two quarrelled over Celtic. The name begins with a B, ends with a T and rhymes with a three letter word that sums you up just perfectly.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not real fans

People like that who get angry and abusive over someone else wearing the opposite colours is so stupid and pathetic. I dont understand why people cant go to footy matches and just enjoy seeing the beautifull game being played especially by 2 outstanding teams, thats what footy is all about, enjoy yourself no matter where it is being played or who the 2 teams are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    I know for a fact that one of Lopez's mate's from around his yard in Irish/Spanish Harlem Hempsted is in fact Black, even went with him to the Unity Cup.
    ... and he didn't even say that his mates had natural rhythm or anyother similar comments.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast