Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire06
    Ya I was there 2 what I saw happen was a load of Dublin young lads were messin about and wouldn't let a car down the road and the driver got out and punched one of the young fellas then the whole gang jumped on the car and distroyed it. Car got away and then came back with reinforcements and glass bottles ect.. Saw one fella with a knife alright but didn't see it used.. only went on for a few mins or was I just that drunk it seemed shorter
    about 5 bottles were thrown into the crowd and..
    Only 2 boys injured as far as I heard only minor..
    Ye, the lads got a little out of control by not letting the cars go by..... And it lasted for about 20mins as far as i remember. I was drunk aswell...... I didn't see the knife being used either but jeez he would've if needs be....
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan1
    Ye, the lads got a little out of control by not letting the cars go by..... And it lasted for about 20mins as far as i remember. I was drunk aswell...... I didn't see the knife being used either but jeez he would've if needs be....
    Them boys were over at the 3rd car lane over and they were trowin cans at the cars and really gettin rowdy not havin the craic, they were even fightin between themselves, so it was there fault really...
    I stayed at the two lanes outside O'Sullivans which were pretty much closed off anyway appart from the odd car that attempted to go down.. always a bit of play actin but nothin serious

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    you miss my point it was the fact he was calling them rassist biggots while at the same time also using rassist biggoted terms to discribe them .

you call millwall /chelsea fans scum for signing anti irish songs surely celtic fans are scum aswell for signing anti english songs !!

only club in england i know with a fondness for the irish is indeed everton , common misconseption that liverpool are the "irish" club
    FFS b@stard is not a racist bigotted term.
    and neither is hun. hun is a term used to describe any rangers fan,regardless of race religion etc. the term was even coined by an english newspaper (the sun i think) to describe rangers fans behavior after they ran amok somewhere in england some years ago.
    most of the supposedly anti-english Celtic songs arent necessarily anti-english, just Irish republican songs.it could have been anti german,anti french or anti faroese even.they are songs referring to the historical oppression of ireland. but yes there are some bigots at Celtic.but its nowhere near as bad as rangers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Yes KOH I was at the Rome derby a few years ago and I never saw so much security and hostility at a game.The missiles were flying from the fans and they were hurling abuse at the riot police walking along the athletics track.There were hundreds of riot police outside.We had to leave 10 mins from the end as there were 2 girls with us who wanted to leave(presumably cos one of them was nearly hit by a flying missile!) and missed the riot in the Lazio fans end where we were.
    Also was at Roma v Liverpool UEFA Cup game in 2001 when Liverpool won 2-0 and it was the same story with the Italians worse than the English for throwing things.The sheer scale of security kept anything from 'kicking off' and Liverpool fans were kept behind for 2 hours after the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Here we go again..................

Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor

Goes back to a topic on here ages ago, where I said I couldn't understand why any Irish fans would support Chelsea, as they are basically the Glasgow Rangers of the premiership.

BTW, did ye notice how lifeless, how colourless and how mundane the Chelsea supporters were in Cardiff on Sunday? The Liverpool fans put them to absolute shame on the day - before, after and during the game. Just goes to show you can't buy everything......
    Didn't realise we upset you so much don't think the good old Catholic management team of Jose and Stevie Clarke would be made welcome @ Ibrox, and maybe you would be surprised at the amount of Irish Chelsea fans out there, everyone is entitled to their opinion u make sure you get to the point of what you want to say !!!

I was at Cardiff on Sunday were you ?
    The Liverpool fans did add colour and some atmosphere (was noted on the offical CFC chat) to the occassion........put us to shame after the game ??? But don't worry the Irish Chelsea support was well represented and I'm sure my flag wound up "the minority scum" (as some on here refer to them) as it was in a prime position to be seen by most of the Chelsea support........and acknowledged by Duffer and Stevie Clarke before the game....Roll on the Premiership

Looks like Duffer will be a thorn in your side for years to come he loves it at the Bridge and intends staying for the duration .....Keep the Blue flag flying High !!!

http://northcote0.tripod.com/cardiff/DCP_0122.JPG
    CAPTAIN MORGANS GREENFORD Welcomes all Irish Football fans, live music every weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=anto1208]

surely celtic fans are scum aswell for signing anti english songs !!

Here we go again.
    And what anti English songs might they be, funny enough most of those songs that you would proberly be classing as anti English used to be played on RTE radio pre 1969, even been known to be played at plenty of dance's and other Irish community functions i've been at.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    " i hate those biggoted, orange hun *******s"[/
    theres nothing wrong with that.thats a statement of fact.

regardless of whether it should or shouldnt matter, it does ,like it or not --simple as that. try open your mouth with an irish accent at ibrox,even in a hun shirt ,see if you get out alive and well. do the same at stamford brigde you wont be very welcome in many parts of the ground.the irish chelsea supporters club complained in the evil herald a few months ago that the club often situate them next to the chelsea loyalist mob.however ive no sympathy for these people,they shouldnt be following a horrible notorious racist club like chelsea anyway.

as for liverpool, anfield road has an orange lodge and lots of loyalists in the area.if youre irish you would be putting yourself in danger to live there
    no idsea re an Irish accent and a Rangers shirt but in Shelbourne shirts the last lot of EL fans got very well treated at Ibrox.

However you are correct in that there is clearly a narrow minded set of bigots that follow Rangers as proved by the sectarian chanting shown on Panorama programme on sunday night. Indeed despite what the Rangers fans might claim about all the bigotry being one sided they are just as bad as Celtic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Their H*n constituency are overt Fascists.....please dont compare to the 'Tic......there may be a few retard Tim neds....... but those Hun-types wouldn't like you because of yer name,accent & nationality GS......& me,due to my colour !
    I think the only people that cam eout well from th eprogramme were the staff att he Glasgow Royal Infirmary and the police.

I thought Quinn, Murray and the other Rangers guy were all a disgrace. The singing speaks for itself although I object strongly to our national anthem being considered sectarian even in the wrong language.

I was moderator of the football discussion board in a previous company and experienced a lot of the bile that goes on and frankly one set of fans were just as bad as the other. Many decent fans too of both clubs incl a couple of protestant Celtic fans (not that unusual I appreciate) and a Catholic Ibrox season ticket holder.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    FFS b@stard is not a racist bigotted term.
    and neither is hun. hun is a term used to describe any rangers fan,regardless of race religion etc. the term was even coined by an english newspaper (the sun i think) to describe rangers fans behavior after they ran amok somewhere in england some years ago.
    most of the supposedly anti-english Celtic songs arent necessarily anti-english, just Irish republican songs.it could have been anti german,anti french or anti faroese even.they are songs referring to the historical oppression of ireland. but yes there are some bigots at Celtic.but its nowhere near as bad as rangers.

think you will find that the word hun was used by british soldiers in the war to describe the germans !!!!
    ill accept that the songs are more irish republican songs than anti engliah but what the hell has irish republican songs got to do with a scotish soccer team ?

give over on the celtic fans are nt that bad there are just as bad as rangers fans if not even worse

to say rangers fans would attack you if they hear your accent or name is rubbish ive often been out on the **** in glasgow and met rangers fans and had a great time with them .

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    to say rangers fans would attack you if they hear your accent or name is rubbish ive often been out on the **** in glasgow and met rangers fans and had a great time with them .
    From the rubbish you spout on here, that does not surprise me one bit.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    From the rubbish you spout on here, that does not surprise me one bit.

what does that mean ? just coz im irish doesnt mean i have to hate rangers fans , im not one on these idiots that thinks rangers fans are all scum and celtic fans are angels . both are as bad as each other .

some one called chelsea fans scum for saying no surrender to the ira but its perfectly acceptable to ye for celtic fans to sing songs praising the ira ,

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Their H*n constituency are overt Fascists.....please dont compare to the 'Tic......there may be a few retard Tim neds....... but those Hun-types wouldn't like you because of yer name,accent & nationality GS......& me,due to my colour !

so celtic fans never dislike some one for having a prodistant/english name or just because they are english etc etc get real man both celtic and rangers fans are as bad as each other , they're both narrow minded biggots to be found in each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    what does that mean ? just coz im irish doesnt mean i have to hate rangers fans , im not one on these idiots that thinks rangers fans are all scum and celtic fans are angels . both are as bad as each other .

some one called chelsea fans scum for saying no surrender to the ira but its perfectly acceptable to ye for celtic fans to sing songs praising the ira ,
    Well said.
    The bigotry seems to get worse as the years go on and not better.
    Forget Celtic-Rangers as they live in the past, as does the standard of their league. Hartson FFS.
    Regarding English teams anyone should be allowed support who they like and not based on the fact that they were a Catholic club back in 1876 - TWO Centuries ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire06
    I stayed at the two lanes outside O'Sullivans which were pretty much closed off anyway appart from the odd car that attempted to go down.. always a bit of play actin but nothin serious
    I was actually directing cars down that way for the laugh. I wasn't doing it to be a *****. Me and a couple others were directing them off the roundabout onto the 2 laned road outside O'Sullivans. I was beside the guy who was pretending to window clean the cars.... We didn't expect it to get all rowdy!!! Still though, i had a good night, wasn't letting a couple of imature ars-eholes ruin my trip/nite. Remember the BOUNCER from O'Sullivans chasing the black guy down the road after he was refused into the pub???? Funny stuff....
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    There was a time a few seasons back where Leeds fans, including women and children, were greeted at Cardiff with coins and bottles of urine during a cup tie. Imagine the mentality of someone to **** into a bottle and throw it at other fans? .
    dirty feckers, that is just plain disgusting, they should be made drink it!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain
    I think the only people that came out well from the programme were the staff att he Glasgow Royal Infirmary and the police.

I thought Quinn, Murray and the other Rangers guy were all a disgrace. The singing speaks for itself although I object strongly to our national anthem being considered sectarian even in the wrong language.
    To be fair No one came out of the programme well, least of all the BBC.

It was utter drivel, poorly researched, sensationalism and nothing but replaying rubbish from before and sticking a 2005 date on it.

- lets spoon feed a couple of neds in a young offenders institute, (when he say "Rangers supporter" I (the BBC reporter) will spoon feed him the word "protestant")

- lets go on to the streets of Glasgow and ask if the word 'Tim' is offensive? Respondents didn't know nor care. Otherwise they knew it as a term for a Celtic fan - used by Celtic fans themselves for christ sake!

- The Soldiers Song & Boys of the Old Brigade were the 2 ditties used as examples of Sectarian singing throughout the Celtic support. Largely non existant at CP these days (but thats another story with regards atmosphere) they focused on the away support. Not sure where the anti protestant / sectarian feelings are, in these songs? - I just don't see it.

- Where were the examples of Sectarianism in Scottish Society as a whole(after all it was titled 'Scotlands Secret Shame'?) or from fans of other clubs or indeed the SFA themselves?

- IMO Quinn was only a disgrace in that he blamed Celtics Away support (of which he claimed he had no control as they were not ST holders ) These fans have spent fortunes in terms of money & time, they have been recognised by european and world football bodies + police forces of major european cities for their excellent behaviour. For Quinn to just accept the criticism without pointing out the fact of our excellent behaviour and the fact that singing of the Irish National Anthem is NOT sectarian (unless sang in the West of Scotland ) was lame to say the least.

You are right you don't have to hate Rangers fans, I don't recall saying that you did.

Yourself and Gspain are just 2 on here who often trot out the 'they are just as bad as each other line' and it grates with me.

Celtic are an all inclusive club colour, creed, age, religion it matters not a jot - we happen to be based in the West of Scotland - a place smothered in Anti Irish & Catholic feeling. (cue: Conor74, Mark walters......)

I object to the simplistic & ignorant view that we are both as bad as each other trotted out by Panorama, tabloids or those who just don't care enough to ascertain the truth on the subject. Its not that I expect you to care enough, as you are not celtic fans and Im sure you have more important things on your plate - but then don't post on issues you clearly know little about.

Mod's: I know there is another thread on this so move this response if you feel the need.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Yourself and Gspain are just 2 on here who often trot out the 'they are just as bad as each other line' and it grates with me.

but then don't post on issues you clearly know little about.

right so when i was in bairds bar before the celtic games i didnt hear fans signing anti english songs , when i was sat behind the goals i did nt hear fans screaming abuse at players about being prodestant /orange etc etc (same old rubbish ).
    i didnt hear songs about the ira , come on you are kidding are nt you ?

im not talking about stuff i was told happened or saw on tv im talking about stuff i wittnessed at games in glasgow in the pubs in the clubs around the streets , im talking about the celtic firm rounding up people to go fight rangers fans that were walking by .
    ill also say that yes it does happen on both side like the steward that was slashed(a rangers fan working for celtic ) in the face or the guy that was chased down the street and stabbed in the face for wearing a celtic top .

celtic fans have got to stop this rubbish of its all them not us coz it comes from both sides

maybe you sit beside the nice few celtic fans !!!that have cups of tea and get cabs to and from the game

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Panorama, of course, is known for being a hotbed of bias and no better than a tabloid. Why would we listen to that drivel when we could read all we ever need to know about Celtic on Celtic View, for an objective and measured attempt to 'ascertain the truth'...
    I'm not suggesting it was biassed, just a very very poorly researched programme that did nothing to disclose 'scotlands secret shame' as it purported to do. You didn't watch it to find out about Celtic did you Conor?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Talking

right so when i was in bairds bar before the celtic games i didnt hear fans signing anti english songs , when i was sat behind the goals i did nt hear fans screaming abuse at players about being prodestant /orange etc etc (same old rubbish ).
    i didnt hear songs about the ira , come on you are kidding are nt you ?
    Im not sure what constitutes an Anti English song, however I'll assume you are referring to Repulican/Rebel/IRA songs call them what you want & yes I hear these regulalrly in pubs around Celtic Park (I never said otherwise)- Is it sectarian to be a republican? is it sectarian to sing the Soldiers song? is it sectarian to sing a republican song that you know nothing about? I don't think it is.

Is it sectarian to call someone a Protestant XXXXX, then quite clearly it is. Do I hear this sort of thing at CP?, rare, if ever to be honest and Im there nearly every other week. You get a few idiots as Im sure you do at Everton or whatever team you follow, but generally Celtic fans don't give a **** what religion you are just what team you follow.

im not talking about stuff i was told happened or saw on tv im talking about stuff i wittnessed at games in glasgow in the pubs in the clubs around the streets , im talking about the celtic firm rounding up people to go fight rangers fans that were walking by .
    ill also say that yes it does happen on both side like the steward that was slashed(a rangers fan working for celtic ) in the face or the guy that was chased down the street and stabbed in the face for wearing a celtic top .
    Firms 'squaring up' happens the length and breadth of the UK & across Europe - so what? its pathetic, very sad & blights all football clubs to one degree or another.

Violence in Glasgow is quite high, particulalrly knife related incidents - I don't dispute, though I don't have the stats to compare with other major cities. In part it does reflect the sad extremes that indiviuals will go due to a football rivalry.

celtic fans have got to stop this rubbish of its all them not us coz it comes from both sides

maybe you sit beside the nice few celtic fans !!!that have cups of tea and get cabs to and from the game
    I've never said anything of the sort. Im only interested in defending my club and its reputation from people like you who are happy to say they are all the same. We are not all the same & I'll stop banging the drum when you stop talking utter drivel.

The people I sit beside are very nice as it happens
    Last edited by Junior; 03/03/2005 at 5:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    think you will find that the word hun was used by british soldiers in the war to describe the germans !!!!
    As Elizabeth Windsor & family is german the Celts use the term hun to wind up the rangers.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast