Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bray Wanderers (A)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Bray Wanderers (A)

Limerick FC's fight to stave off the dreaded drop continues tomorrow night in the cold-and-windy Carlisle Grounds.

Noel O'Connor and I will be on air, with full live coverage of same from 19.40 at: www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    5-0 to Limerick. 👀

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Same team named as that which beat Galway. Hope McDonald's fixed on something that works.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    "Even if Limerick finish one point above the relegation places its been a very successful season" Noel O'Connor speaking after tonights game. Now I like Noel and from what people tell me he is usually quite good when people listen to him on that thing but what complete and utter nonsense that is. I mean really like it is an absolutely joke that we are in the position we are in and if we just scrape up while being happy we didn't go down how much do you actually have to be fooling yourself to believe that it is somehow a success. I'm sure Ai...Da Bishop will be on to tell us how absolutely fantastic the coverage was even with a 7 second delay but I found that comment laughable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I'll correct myself a bit he said "successful" not "very successful" still utter nonsense but thought I'd be accurate.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We brought in a manager on north of €100k who has no clue about the league or the players in it. Martin Russell was infuriating but there has been no improvement whatsoever. McDonald hasn't shown anything in our style of play to suggest we are actually making progression for the future. His players or not the system is cack. We'll probably lose Ogbene for next year as well, not to mention Hery, etc.

We don't have an easy run in. Cork, Pats and Rovers could yield 1 point. Galway is a dangerous game, they could easily be ahead of us by the time we play. We'll beat Drogheda. It isn't a successful season but it will be a success at this stage to stay up considering the ****ing hole we've put ourselves in.

Ryan Brennan getting abused from a Blue Army member tonight. What an embarrassment to the club's reputation.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I'll correct myself a bit he said "successful" not "very successful" still utter nonsense but thought I'd be accurate.
    I tend to agree, it's not a sentiment I'd get behind. Regardless of whether they stay up or not, and barring an unlikely Cup triumph, it'd be a bit much to call this season in any way successful.

I'm hoping tonight is a small step towards survival and not a big missed opportunity. They didn't lose at least, for whatever it will be worth. What do we want from tomorrow? A Harps win?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I tend to agree, it's not a sentiment I'd get behind. Regardless of whether they stay up or not, and barring an unlikely Cup triumph, it'd be a bit much to call this season in any way successful.

I'm hoping tonight is a small step towards survival and not a big missed opportunity. They didn't lose at least, for whatever it will be worth. What do we want from tomorrow? A Harps win?
    The whole just promoted team being happy with just staying up is a nonsense argument from people who just take that from the English game its not the same thing at all in LOI and especially not when we had last year and kept the majority of a squad who should have been nowhere near a relegation scrap in this league. Cup run has been nice even if it ends now but there is nothing about this league campaign that can be called a success.

I suppose a Harps win is best isn't it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We were the better team tonight overall. Much better battling performance than previous weeks. The first goal was a sickener as Bray had shown nothing up to that.

Draw tonight is better result I think. HArps have a tough run-in, other than Drogheda at home, they're playing Dundalk, Rovers and Derry in their next 3 matches. Plus I really really want to see them relegated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Ogbene on a two year deal no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Analysis: McDonald and Kenny forfeit momentum in turn http://bit.ly/2vZZl6J

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Gonna look like I'm out to get Alan here after mentioning the Noel O'Connor comment too but to say Cotter was outstanding in Galway is a stretch isn't it. He was good yes but let's not fall into the trap we do with all young lads that come through and blow a good performance out of all proportion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Looks to me like you're out to get Alan

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The highlight for me is sandwich boy and his bitter little agenda against the blue army.
    There in the stand at every home game lad. Why not come up and explain to them why you don't like them face to face lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Trolls never leave their caves

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Every now and then there is one,one who thinks he/she is smart enough but each time they fail miserably ,what is more dispicable is that a fellow contributor would attempt to .out..a persons identity on this showing an obvious lack of respect for this forum and a remarkable low level of intelligence of what these threads are all about....on more important matters a well deserved point for Neil and co..Given the circumstances pertaining to the season overall of course staying up will be a success for a team promoted[its the same in all countrys top leagues] especially as we have the unusual setting of a three down conumdrum to contend with.Was away so didnt hear coverage of the game but i have no doubt Alan o Brien and Noel o Connor were their usual professional competent selves,and when you have tourist listeners picking tiny holes in what they do so well given the drivel dished out by other ..media,,outlets[none of which is ever mentioned] well says it all really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Every now and then there is one,one who thinks he/she is smart enough but each time they fail miserably ,what is more dispicable is that a fellow contributor would attempt to .out..a persons identity on this showing an obvious lack of respect for this forum and a remarkable low level of intelligence of what these threads are all about....on more important matters a well deserved point for Neil and co..Given the circumstances pertaining to the season overall of course staying up will be a success for a team promoted[its the same in all countrys top leagues] especially as we have the unusual setting of a three down conumdrum to contend with.Was away so didnt hear coverage of the game but i have no doubt Alan o Brien and Noel o Connor were their usual professional competent selves,and when you have tourist listeners picking tiny holes in what they do so well given the drivel dished out by other ..media,,outlets[none of which is ever mentioned] well says it all really.
    Where did he try out you??Ai could be just about anyone couldnt it???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Scraping staying up the way we are is a complete and utter failure no matter what spin anyone wants to put on it if we had stayed up with a comfortable mid table finish that would be a different story but to be in the position we are in now is a failure. What does it matter if it was my first or hundredth time listening its not like if I had listened every other week his statement would be correct. I actually have good time for Noel I like him, but he's wrong in my opinion.

And the fact you think it is the same in LOI as it is in all top leagues shows a poor understanding of the league tbh.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    The highlight for me is sandwich boy and his bitter little agenda against the blue army.
    There in the stand at every home game lad. Why not come up and explain to them why you don't like them face to face lol
    Yes everybody has an agenda against the Blue Army Chip on your shoulder, victim mentality.

I'm not sure how beneficial it would be to converse with a bunch of primary school kids, wannabe RA heads, etc who make up the group.
    There are a plethora of people who think the vulgarity and actions of a significant portion of the group are embarrassing for the clubs and supporters reputation. I've spoken to many people who don't frequent the ground anymore because they don't want their young kids to witness such embarrassing, almost psychotic aggression over a sporting event. Unsurprisingly, when the key cohorts were missing for the Bohemians game it was a much better atmosphere in the ground, less abuse, vitriol, loutish behaviour.

God bless the popular side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Power to the Plethora

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast