Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celtic XI vs Ireland XI McNamara's Testimonial

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler

The minutes silence at both weekend games was requested by Celtic and given the potential for trouble in Scottish football it must be asked whether it was a good idea to have one at all. Politics and religion should be removed from football completely because at this stage in Scotland theyre just taking it over. Hibernian's policy is to remove secterianism entirely from the club, and they do a good job of achieving this. If the Old Firm were half as successful as Hibs in this regard then Scottish football wouldn't be in its current state.
    Every country in Europe had shown respect for the leader of one of the most important men in the world. The Scottish FA were shown up for the bunch of bigots there are for refusing to compile with what UEFA has asked member countrys too do. In a way, part of me is happy it happened, cause it shows the world what a bigoted and anti-Irish/Catholic country it is.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ok, well not getting drawn into religion and football, Im all booked up. got a good deal with Ryanair from london £40 all in. happy days

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis
    Ok, well not getting drawn into religion and football, Im all booked up. got a good deal with Ryanair from london £40 all in. happy days
    I booked 2 tickets a few days ago, if it is a sunny day, we'll walk it(take about an hour but it is good fun), if not, we'll get the bus out If anyone still wants to go to this, book asap, a lot of single tickets in places, took me a while to find 2 seats together on-line.

Come on Ireland!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerr's tribe
    I booked 2 tickets a few days ago, if it is a sunny day, we'll walk it(take about an hour but it is good fun), if not, we'll get the bus out If anyone still wants to go to this, book asap, a lot of single tickets in places, took me a while to find 2 seats together on-line.

Come on Ireland!!
    Im in the Celtic end i think. Go the ticket a few weeks ago through a season book. Flights done today. Think im staying in Jurys hotel. Happy days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Im in the Celtic end i think. Go the ticket a few weeks ago through a season book. Flights done today. Think im staying in Jurys hotel. Happy days
    Jury's on jamaica street, near Central station? If that's it, it is a cracking hotel, my brother and his girlfriend stayed there last year, the breakfast buffet was the best thing, great fry-up x 5 he said nice location too. I'm in the North stand area 142, near the goal, haven't been in PH for a few years, bet it is a sh!t seat!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerr's tribe
    Jury's on jamaica street, near Central station? If that's it, it is a cracking hotel, my brother and his girlfriend stayed there last year, the breakfast buffet was the best thing, great fry-up x 5 he said nice location too. I'm in the North stand area 142, near the goal, haven't been in PH for a few years, bet it is a sh!t seat!
    ive no idea where the htel is. Sorting it out withsome fellas who are coming over from Dublin. WAs gonna be the Euro hostel, but the hotel is now the first choice. As long as the bar is serving, it really doesnt matter.
    Will let you know where im sitting when i get my ticket off sylvo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have you any idea which stand the Irish support will be in? As FAI aren't selling tickets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looks as though i can only get 4 seats together in North stand upper section 404. Are these seats any good?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dont know to be honest. Personally i wouldnt worry too much. Its a cracking stadium, and the atmosphere should be good, so it shouldnt really matter too much where you are sitting.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dundee United used to be the "Irish" team on the East coast.
    Originally founded as Dundee Hibs. But they are no more Irish than Hibernian FC of Edinburgh or indeed of Malta. The same can be said for Celtic as they play under the SFA jurisdiction for perfectly legitimate geographical reasons !

Dundee FC are known as the Blue Noses which means of the Rangers persuasion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    ive no idea where the htel is. Sorting it out withsome fellas who are coming over from Dublin. WAs gonna be the Euro hostel, but the hotel is now the first choice. As long as the bar is serving, it really doesnt matter.
    Will let you know where im sitting when i get my ticket off sylvo
    the eurohostel is just opposite jurys!!! Lots of celtic supporters go to jury's when they come over for games from ireland, some drinking session in the hotel bar, you can see them all when u walk past!! my brother's room had nice view over the river, rooms were a bit small, but apart from that a great place to stay.
    Last edited by Green Tribe; 16/04/2005 at 6:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supasparx
    Looks as though i can only get 4 seats together in North stand upper section 404. Are these seats any good?
    not sure, haven't been for a while, cannot remember, but as babysis said, it is a cracking stadium, whether u are high up or closer to the pitch, the atmosphere will be magic. i'm in north stand too , i 'm in lower part but further up near the goal at jock stein stand, not sure what it is like as it is in the corner/goal area, don't care, will be great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    4 of us staying in euro hostel.
    I'd heard the bar was good!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    4 of us staying in euro hostel.
    I'd heard the bar was good!
    24hr bar, sounds good to me. Im up for a sesh. On the 8.40am flight on Sunday morning from stanstead, so the drinking will be starting early. Plus im in O rafs the day beofre for the final. Should be a good bank holiday weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    stayed there for the game v scotland in 2003 for kerr's first match. clean, all night bar and full of good looking backpackers..... only paid £10 a night too
    Camac Ultras North Terrace Section

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Its decent enough as you are close to the half way line, though depends on your row. If you are at the very back of the upper tier its a fair distance to the pitch.

Away support is SE Corner stand and sometimes the right hand side of the Lisbon Lions stand (for larger allocations). Not sure if it is the same for this game.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12