Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finn Harps (H)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    Trying to fit Duggan into the midfield was the main problem. We had a decent run recently with lynch and Bastian in the middle. Putting. Lynch out wide was wasteful. All Duggan knows is to pass the ball backwards or lateral. He contributes nothing going forward.
    All that said it was a shambolic result and we're in big trouble now.
    Spot on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    The disgusting behaviour at the end is really something this club can do without. Shameful carry on, first trying to encourage dissenting voices to leave (through ballhoppers corner)followed by the choirboys clapping the team off. Simbolic of Vichy france

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    JP Dillon.

I think we can all agree he's a clown. I don't think any reasonable person would dispute that for even a second.

But what was that during the last ten minutes tonight?!

Ushering people to leave via ballhoppers corner... With ten minutes to go in the ****ing game!!!

Were they trying to protect the players walking off?

Distract people from the field?

Showing off their new gate?

It's like something out of Nazi Germany. I have no doubt in my mind that in years to come we will see pictures of this season and Dave O'Connor will be doctored out of them.

Also while I'm here, who are these absolute cretins who insist on rushing to the front of the stand to applaud all and sundry at the end? The supporters Club chairman is the ringleader but how the hell is he attracting followers?

Do you honestly think the players care about you? Or the club care about you? Desperate for a pat on the head.

Cretins.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Freedom of speech, but watch what you say, or else, is it ?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Was going to ask what the hell that craic with the Ballhopper's exit was. It was very odd.

One of the weirdest games I ever saw. If we were still playing my guess is Harps would have all but one player sent off and be 8-0 up.

Limerick looked really good in the first half but just could not score. We were a shambles in the first, playing really badly but regrouped at half time and were very dogged. Tosi always gives us massive problems but seldom gets proper service and always gets hooked.

I still have no idea what the hell I witnessed tonight and I was stone cold sober.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The behaviour of the red haired blue army muppet was a disgrace. He intentionally stood by the tunnel and abused Ollie Horgan as he was going off at halftime. The abuse that he directed at David O'Connor showed his character. Repeatedly calling a player a sh*tbag, reject etc. The lad is being played out of position, there is no lack of effort the abuse was totally uncalled for. Just because people spend their money following the team doesn't grant some mythical licence to act like utter lowlifes. The Bohs game was the most enjoyable atmosphere of the season because we didn't have to listen to the ringleaders spewing rubbish.

I'd imagine the ball hoppers corner situation was to deter the degenerates from engaging in their customary behaviour as the team walked off.
    The team are lacking options. Everybody knows it, the players were trying tonight they are just a disjointed team full of average players with the odd exception. We have no full backs, two centre backs who are being unfairly played out of position and can't overlap/utilise space well. Henry Cameron is dirt. McDonald has ripped the team apart and even if we stay up he doesn't have the philosophy for long term progression.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Before he puts his own side together ?

Look its not going well, I agree, and the season has been written off again, with a start again next season vibe to things and his bet that we will stay up with what we have left in the squad is sailing very close to the wind. Its touch and go.

But do you really want this club to be one that canned a guy before he put his own side out ?
    We had 90% of the ball, overall no luck, we should have won the game easy.

Now Mcd cannot put the ball in the net and I'm all for giving him time but lets look at the game from his view. First of all, he changed a winning team and a back 4 that had a bit of confidence, why? He puts Lee Jay on the wing where he is never as good as in the middle and bring back Duggie who is not performing.

Harps go down to 10 men which means our back 4 are now all about attacking as they have no need really to worry about defending. So he takes off Cotter (who is better going forward than defending) and leaves on O Conner who is the worst attacking full back ever. By the way, the abuse he got was a disgrace... I think he is a good defender, way better than Whitehead and has done very well defending. He is not a winger and its not his fault that this is where he ends up yet not once does Mcd tell Cameron to get to the touchline and leaves O Conner practically free where even he is praying he does not have to cross the ball. Like when he is on cross number 10 does he not think maybe I should ask Henry to stop marking their center half and tell O Conner to run inside...

We bring on 2 wingers yet not once does any of them get to the touchline to cross the ball to Rod. Kenny doubles back, Cameron gets 1 ball and gets hammered and thats game over for him. He spends the last 30 mins in the old inside forward line hiding. Please don't pass to me as he makes runs into channels and points to where he knows he will never getting the ball. Pay the man his money and give him his visa, such a brutal player to give a 2 year deal to apart from Whitehead.

So now lets take Rod off and then give him some great service which he is on the bench. WTF, cross after cross to JOF. While your at it put OB in the middle where he has no chance to use his speed and no physicality to make any difference.

Managers make decisions and signings and pick teams. All well and good but my biggest problem with Martin was that he could never read a game, he had his plan and that was that. Mcd might get the day to day right and could do the root and branch that is needed but he has proved that tactically he cannot see what is happening before his eyes and has no clue within the game regarding players, positions and formations needed to be a success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Vichy France, Nazi Germany? Have a word lads, you're grown men.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How could you explain the difference between first and second half my god that second half was painful relegation here we come after that truly gutless the changes McDonald made shocking ogbene was having a nightmare game out there and he's left on berki and Barry cotter two of our best players working hard taken off **** sake so frustrating Cameron has shown absolutely nothing in any game he has played seriously lack of effort from so many out there , mcdonalds style of football is so bad pass back and hoof ball down the middle truly awful to watch he is clueless , the pen and red card extremely harsh you could see why Horgan wasn't happy , Id love to know what conditions McDonald was working with when bringing in the likes of Cameron crowe etc scrap the barrell as no money available seems that way or else he is clueless

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Two centre halfs as full backs shows the situation were in we say it after every game now dave o Connor does not look comfortable in that position but he persists week after week with him there he's a centre half not a ****ing full back

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lims4ever View Post
    Two centre halfs as full backs shows the situation were in we say it after every game now dave o Connor does not look comfortable in that position but he persists week after week with him there he's a centre half not a ****ing full back
    I doubt if he's a centre half either .. We'll probably never know. Interesting to see Cameron getting a stroll out, really the type we need to dig us out of a relegation scrap !! Where is all the McD "connections" in the UK ? We have so far uncovered Cameron, Crowe and Berki, hardly inspiring stuff and is McD the man you would trust with a budget to send his much lauded own team out next season (albeit in Div 1) He's tactically clueless ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Vichy France, Nazi Germany? Have a word lads, you're grown men.
    Here's one of the gestapo now trying to shut down my free speech.

You're worse than Pol Pot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Thats it, you're off the case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Thats it, you're off the case
    You like ordering people around is it?

Typical Commie Nazi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Despite the "impressive defensive shape and squad management" ... 😃😃 The old NUJ would burn you at the stake for that inaccurate pandering, are you that stuck for a lift to an away game ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Sign of a good churnalist.

When they are bought they stay bought in fairness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Now I didn't read the link above at all but it's terrible. Like they were watching a different game and still agreeing with each other. What are you all smoking up in that commentary box at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Ah the new prince has been chosen anyway I see the new shining light to come from the academy is here to save us all. Brought up in the strict structured world of LOI football that was the 3 lads released. Wait what's that you say there is one rule for one and one rule for the other when it comes to young players? Surely not hypocritical behaviour at Limerick that's a first.

Or are there young players on the **** just as much as some of the now released senior players supposedly were are there coaches helping out with underage teams being told to treat certain players differently because of who they are are some players getting a bollocking for being 5 mins late while others stroll in 20 mins late like nothing happened and last but not least is there still a young player at the club that spit at a coach? I guess we will have to wait til the whisperers see fit to slip it out to their new man to get out there to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Alan there's a place for your style of journalism. It was called the irish press also known as a FF propaganda sheet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast