Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keane court case. (Keane cleared of all charges)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Keane court case. (Keane cleared of all charges)

Footballer 'frightened teenager'
    Manchester United captain Roy Keane grabbed a frightened teenager around the neck after the youngster swore at him, a court heard on Monday.

Mr Keane also shouted at him and swung a punch at the 16-year-old, his fist stopping just before his face, Trafford Magistrates' Court was told.

He denies a charge of criminal damage after snapping the youngster's chain near his Greater Manchester home.

He also denies assault and a public order offence on 4 September 2004.

'Hand gesture'

The two had clashed after the young student had been riding his moped with a friend near Mr Keane's £1.4m mansion in Hale.

Mr Keane, an Irish international, had been walking his dogs near his home when the boy beeped his horn to acknowledge the star, the court heard.

As the teenager and his friend passed the footballer, Mr Keane swung out with his walking stick.

The teenager drove past and turned round to make a gesture with his hand towards the footballer.

A few weeks later the youngster was on his moped again with a friend visiting a house across the road from Mr Keane's home, the court was told.

Mr Keane was in his garden but came over to approach the pair. The court was shown a video recording of an interview the youngster gave to police after the second incident.

The boy told police he was sat on his bike when he noticed the footballer walking towards him.

"I felt a bit like, 'God, what's going to happen now'", the boy told officers.

He said Mr Keane asked why he had sworn at him.

The teenager said he replied: "Because you nearly hit me; you swung for me with your walking stick.

"He walked up to me and I'm not sure what he said next; he was being a bit aggressive.

"The next thing he did was swing at my face with his right fist. He said, 'that's nearly hitting you'. I flinched backwards."

The trial is expected to last two days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Let's hope he gets what he deserves.........
    40 hours community service?

The majority of kids on mopeds deserve a good thumping!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Let's hope he gets what he deserves.........
    I hope the ned gets what he deserves too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    The Ireland forum is for football news and discussion. This is "current affairs" at best, in reality "entertainment news" because Keane is involved, and ultimately belongs in the bin because if he weren't, it would be absolutely nothing. Keane's a bully and an embarrassement to Cork City that would've been in jail long ago if it weren't for his ability to play football. He's not half as bad as the morons that keep propogating these stories as if they matter an iota though.

adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 28/02/2005 at 3:39 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have to disagree with you there. Whether you like it or not Keane is a former captain and one of our most important players and the fact that he is in court for alleged "criminal damage" is, I think, of interest to most Ireland fans - therefore it belongs in the Ireland forum (that is the Ireland forum where I found this - not Off Topic). Don't you think an English football forum would be discussing it if Beckham was in court or a French football forum if Viera was in court. In fact, I'm a bit surprised that this isn't provoking more debate - I suppose there's not much left to be said about Keano
    Last edited by bitored; 28/02/2005 at 3:58 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looks like another money grabbin scum tryin to make money off the backs of a footballer...

thecorner
    the lad now is after saying that the story he gave was exagerated

surprise surpise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    the lad now is after saying that the story he gave was exagerated

surprise surpise
    Where did you see that...

Honestly I don't think Keane would be that stupid, I'd say there was a few words and thats it...
    If he could manage to keep his temper under raps on the pitch against Viera, surely he can handle a bit of guff from a young fella....
    I'd say he gets someone startin on him everytime he leaves his house tryin to see can they catch a glimpse of Roys famous temper, so he's plenty used to it..
    Not sayin he's an angel or anything, he just gets more hassle that most and It seems like all he wants to do is play soccer and spend time with his family

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta
    Keane's a bully and an embarrassement to Cork City
    Presuming you're not reffering to the club.....we all know he was a Rambs man but many round my way would say you can have him

Dav. I remember some comments about him yelled down the phone to me during the Swiss match......ended with 'nothing personal' presuming something to do with Cobh
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    If you are suggesting that Keane bought him off, and I assume you are, that's potentially libellous, thecorner.

Although it wouldn't be the first time for a footballer. There is one very well known footballer in the English Premiership (not Roy, I hasten to add) who bought his way out of a rape rap that never made the light of day.
    no im not saying he bought him off

im saying that the incident probably never even happened

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta
    The Ireland forum is for football news and discussion. This is "current affairs" at best, in reality "entertainment news" because Keane is involved, and ultimately belongs in the bin because if he weren't, it would be absolutely nothing. Keane's a bully and an embarrassement to Cork City that would've been in jail long ago if it weren't for his ability to play football. He's not half as bad as the morons that keep propogating these stories as if they matter an iota though.

adam
    You obviously have a better idea than anyone of what types of posts you want in each forum as you run the site. Its just that I barely look in the Off Topic forum and anything to do with Irish players I associate with the Ireland forum. The likes of Rule 42 and TV deals aren't directly football related but of interest to followers of the national team.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 28/02/2005 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Roy Keane Exonerated

no need to say anymore.....judge said he could'nt believe a word out of the boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Roy cleared of ALL charges

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    threads merged

By the sounds of it the young fella was asking for it- sounds like a total scumbag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    no need to say anymore.....judge said he could'nt believe a word out of the boy.
    Its an absolute disgrace it went to court in the first place fair play to Roy for not payin him off and seeing it through

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I just have this image of Keane waving a walking stick at him and roaring like Victor Meldrew

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Far be it from me to defend Keane, but the young fella sounded like an aggressive little trouble maker.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The young fella's mate gave evidence for Keane that yer man was looking to get Keane into trouble, I genuinely don't think there's a case against Keane, criminal damage to a £2.99 chain ffs
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So yet another vindication for Roy Keane ( just as good as the Genesis Report) but is that any good for some of you? Of course not. It doesn't matter what this great great man does, certain elements will still detest him.

So let's be honest, if a court of law clears him and you still maintain that he was culpible DESPITE the kid himself admitting he himself was an knacker (and perchance a complete chav), a basic introduction to the common law judicial system is required.

And for the last time Keane is not a man who in his spare time boils horses down to glue and mends pots and pans so let's stop with the tinker references please.

Did anyone else notice that scobe (kid, not Keane) leaving the courts a few months ago nearly OGing on his imitation bling bling (estimated value: £5)? Any man wearing a shell suit with a pencil moustache of Gary Nevillesque proportions should be summarily executed.

And why is no one asking the most pertinant question: Where was Matt Holland while all this was going on? (Marking space perhaps?)

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgabhainn
    And why is no one asking the most pertinant question: Where was Matt Holland while all this was going on? (Marking space perhaps?)
    Early entry for post of the month
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast