Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Hogan (F Birmingham b.1992)

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Wasn't really a consensus though was it? Like one person said Hogan shinned it versus loads who didn't even notice and then a couple of people who took a charitable view of Idah's first touch again.
    I think the overall reaction to what sound two similarly scrappy/fortunate goals seems a bit different (positive for Idah, negative for Hogan from ifk), especially in the context of the differing views on the two players overall (again, positive for Idah and much less so for Hogan)

Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    you are just determined to trample on any sort of positivity around here.
    I'm actually defending a guy in double figures for the season in the Championship, who others reckon shouldn't be in the squad - "Please stop trying to make him happen" is a not untypical post.

How's that not positivity?
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 31/01/2022 at 9:10 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    where do i say it was an intentional touch?
    idah made the best of what happened to the ball after he touched it. thats it

you are just determined to trample on any sort of positivity around here. idahs luck with the goal, portugal didnt care, serbia took their foot off the peddle etc etc etc etc. i bet if i go back a bit further to our wins over germany, wales and italy i will find no shortage of similar party pooping
    I never said you said it was intentional, I was solely referring to Hogan.

I thought the Wales and German wins were good and really enjoyed the Italy game but there's no way Italy were losing that if they needed anything from it, it still didn't stop me enjoying it though! Genuinely one of our best games in my 15+ (at the time)years or more watching them away and definitely the one I enjoyed the most!
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 31/01/2022 at 9:04 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    That left Bowyer raging, particularly after seeing his side miss so many chances to put the match to bed.

“That game should have been finished, done. We’re missing too many chances," Bowyer said.

"[I’m] saying the same rubbish every time - miss chance after chance, don’t put games to bed, invite pressure at the end, silly fouls in silly areas, unnecessary, balls coming into the box, defend it properly, put your body on the line.
    “Saying the same, same, same things.

“Scott Hogan should have at least three goals today, how he hasn’t got a hat trick I will never, ever know.

“But again, how many times have I sat here and said that after a game? Too many times. I am sick and tired of it.

“Leaving here with one point against a good Derby side, everything we work on, you put all the hours in on the training pitch, you do everything right and then you throw three points away.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...lasts-22924641
    Lousy being thrown under the bus like that. Can’t be good for a player's confidence.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Lousy being thrown under the bus like that. Can’t be good for a player's confidence.
    I am going to be controversial here and say that ~ Lee Bowyer is Not a nice man.

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Lads even his own manager thinks Scott Hogan is crap. Lets just all move on now please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    Lads even his own manager thinks Scott Hogan is crap. Lets just all move on now please.
    I'd hate to see what he'd think of Robinson, who has a third as many goals this season.

Has everyone forgotten that our forwards are crap? We have league 1 forwards in the squad. Maybe he doesn't fit, but dismissing one of the better goalscorers in the Championship as "crap" is baffling.
    Last edited by John83; 01/02/2022 at 3:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Read somewhere he is related to Hulk Hogan.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    The fact that Scott Hogan is crap is important, and shouldn't be forgotten, its the main reason he ever pulled an Ireland jersey on

https://www.mylondon.news/sport/foot...-over-11290878

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    His uncle.

And Crocodile Dundee is his grandad.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    His uncle.

And Crocodile Dundee is his grandad.
    Another Uncle, Scot had Artics ! !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    The fact that Scott Hogan is crap is important, and shouldn't be forgotten, its the main reason he ever pulled an Ireland jersey on

https://www.mylondon.news/sport/foot...-over-11290878
    It's also the main reason why 99% of England born Irish players have pulled a jersey on.

You think Callum Robinson would be playing for us if he were good enough for England?

16. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Is this the real Crosby who has returned to the fold?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Fair enough. Let's select crap players who score goals over crap players who don't.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    It's also the main reason why 99% of England born Irish players have pulled a jersey on.

You think Callum Robinson would be playing for us if he were good enough for England?
    And from a financial point of view it would be a no-brainer ~ Play for England.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Breen and kilbane are the only ones I can think of who would have always picked Ireland...but I'm sure there is a few more?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Both were raised by two Irish parents too. I would say there are 0 granny rule players picked us as a primary choice when both would be available to them and it'll likely always be that way. Grealish and Rice were just the biggest ones because they are by far the most talented.

If you're going to mark Hogan with that brush then you need to do the same all the other 3rd gen Irish players we have.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    David Connolly? Maybe Babb. I agree with the general point though. The notion that Hogan is any different that a John Aldridge or Clinton Morrisson is laughable.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    I am old enough to remember when all of these different players started playing for Ireland. I can actually remember Johnny Giles being player manager, and the reality is that if pretty much every one of them were good enough to play for England ( and got the opportunity ) they would have played for England.

I even remember some that now say, that it was never in doubt that they would play for Ireland actually taking a fair amount of time to actually do that ~ Probably / Possibly weighing up their options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    David Connolly? Maybe Babb. I agree with the general point though. The notion that Hogan is any different that a John Aldridge or Clinton Morrisson is laughable.
    Yep. Connolly was always going to play for Ireland too. I think I remember counting players born outside of Ireland that would only have played for Ireland and I counted 6 (not including McGrath and O'Leary who were brought up here). Must try remember the others. Perhaps Delap, perhaps not. I think possibly Alan McLoughlin and Alan Kelly.
    Alan Kelly and his brother had Ireland kits bought for them growing up and their Da played for Ireland (probably the first kits available to the public.)

David Kelly I think was asked to play U-21 for England and Ireland the same weekend and phoned his Dad and his Dad gave him an earful as to why he was even thinking about it and that made his mind up.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Alan McLoughlin would always have chosen Ireland over England and both his parents were Irish.

https://www.the42.ie/alan-mclaughlin...35108-Oct2017/

I'm not too sure about Babb. He was born to an Irish parent, but then so was Harry Kane.

Recruiting dual-qualified players has never bothered me, so long as the player's committed. Of course some Irish-born players like Stephen Ireland and Joey O'Brien showed themselves to be less than enthusiastic about playing for Ireland.

As far as Hogan is concerned my attitude is that that we have to be realistic about the options available to us. we can only pick from what we can pick from. Like it or not, no other Irish player has scored more goals at as high a level as Hogan, therefore he is by default in the picture for the next Ireland squad.

26. Thanks From:

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast