Results 1,061 to 1,077 of 1077

Thread: Aaron Connolly F free agent b.2000

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    Seriously - you don't have to be a therapist to recognise a lack of maturity in relation to Connolly.

Now - he seemed to have turned the corner a bit at Hull - clearly Rosenior knew how to handle him - but I am worried that not getting a new contract there will impact him and Rosenior hasn't got a new job yet (Plymouth for some reason went for Rooney instead). I wish Connolly all the best and hope he can get a proper grip on things - he is a talented footballer who could have a good career if his head is in the right place.
    I wouldn't put a lot of money on Rooney lasting too long at Plymouth ~ ~ Heading for last chance saloon for Rooney in management if he doesn't produce something soon.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    I wouldn't put a lot of money on Rooney lasting too long at Plymouth ~ ~ Heading for last chance saloon for Rooney in management if he doesn't produce something soon.
    I am far more interested to see where Rosenior lands - don't understand why he was sacked by Hull - and should have been on the FAI's radar for the Ireland job.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    I am far more interested to see where Rosenior lands - don't understand why he was sacked by Hull - and should have been on the FAI's radar for the Ireland job.

Well he's being linked with the Strasbourg job.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts

Hope Connolly dusted off the French phrases book just in case he gets a phone call.

Strasbourg are apart of the Chelsea ownership group so would imagine Connolly wouldn't be a player they'd be really pushed on signing unless Rosenior really wanted him.

Probably get a one year contract like at Hull if the move were to come about. Sort of long term trial to try earn a longer contract.

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Hope Connolly dusted off the French phrases book just in case he gets a phone call.
    Tray de la jagerbombs.

Por favor
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 26/07/2024 at 7:12 PM.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    He's the new Anthony Stokes. Bags of potential from a young age but bad attitude and too much of a Big-Time Charlie.
    Prove me wrong Aaron!
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    887 Posts
    Linked with Celtic in the Scottish media today. Now that would be...interesting.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Linked with Celtic in the Scottish media today. Now that would be...interesting.
    As a Celtic fan I don't want that fella anywhere near the dressing room.

As a pure footballer, at his best he'd walk into the Celtic team, but Aaron the footballer is a distant memory. I'm sure all the nightclubs in Glasgow are hoping for the move though
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Not even a year ago, he was on track for a 15 goals season in the championship (I remember defending his outlook to Pineapple Stu) but a stubbed toe later and his comeback from that tells you all you need to know at this point about his character/mentality. He wont go to Celtic because they wouldn't have him.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    887 Posts
    You say that, but they took Anthony Stokes (and he actually did well there for a while). And his character and mentality were absolutely terrible. Connolly is Irish, he's free and the Celtic biscuit tin mentality seems to be alive and well. Someone is going to throw him a one year contract in the next few weeks. I wouldn't completely rule out it being Celtic.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    922 Posts
    You say that, but they took Anthony Stokes (and he actually did well there for a while). And his character and mentality were absolutely terrible. Connolly is Irish, he's free and the Celtic biscuit tin mentality seems to be alive and well. Someone is going to throw him a one year contract in the next few weeks. I wouldn't completely rule out it being Celtic.
    I may be wrong on this, but I dont think we quite knew the extent of Stokes "character issues" before he went there. Probably because it was the early days of Social media where we didnt know everything about players, but also it was deemed a good signing for Celtic given how well Stokes had done the season previously at Hibs.

Connolly is different, we are now at the end of a summer window that he has been available the entire time with no takers.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    OK...but thats about 15 years ago... if they have a track record since then of signing players who are hitting rock bottom on a professional and personal level, I'm all ears.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    OK...but thats about 15 years ago... if they have a track record since then of signing players who are hitting rock bottom on a professional and personal level, I'm all ears.
    Well they gave Neil Lennon a job recently. To me signing someone like Connolly is nothing compared to hiring a manager that's a walking time bomb and a known drunk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    It's not really comparable with Stokes' move. Celtic had a long term interest in him, he was set to join in January 2007 before Roy Keane stepped in and he signed for Sunderland instead. When he eventually did sign, it was after two seasons at Hibs, scoring a goal every other game in Scotland.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 19/08/2024 at 11:16 PM.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Well they gave Neil Lennon a job recently. To me signing someone like Connolly is nothing compared to hiring a manager that's a walking time bomb and a known drunk.
    Even though Lennon was hired as a manager, lets roll with that. Thats two in 14 years, the last example (a manager) from over 5 years ago... what else is there? Of course, the signing may happen and, yes, I can see that there is a chance (small it must be said) to win big on it as a gamble to nothing - but I just dont see how it fits with the specific signing profile that Celtic are now known for.

20. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Is it true that Connolly's representative approached Shamrock Rovers about a move but Rovers declined?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckett View Post
    Is it true that Connolly's representative approached Shamrock Rovers about a move but Rovers declined?
    I'm hardly an authority but it's the first I heard of it

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354