Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Connolly F Hull b.2000

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Florin Andone now out on loan to Galatasaray, following on from Locadia's loan to Hoffenheim - which almost certainly means an enhanced role for Connolly now in the first team squad. Potter seems to be a big fan.

Good news for Connolly and Ireland.
    From a purely Albion perspective - i'm concerned we're now pretty light on out and out strikers. But I know you lot aren't too interested in that!

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Great news for Connolly. Never seen him play personally so I'm quite excited about this.
    What's going on with Duffy? Was he dropped to give the new centre half young fella a game?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Re. Duffy, I've heard rumours (VERY VAGUE rumours, I must add) that Potter is a bit of disciplinarian etc, and that perhaps Shane is being seen down the pub too much.

From a playing perspective, Duffy's place in the starting back 3 would seem to be most at threat, as Dunk is our captain (and best player) and Dan Burn has come from almost nowhere and won MOTM in basically every game.
    With Potter there is a big emphasis on playing out from the back and Duffy is the least adept with the ball at his feet.
    I think with the Man City game Potter felt that Webster, more confident with the ball and (i think?) faster too, suited the opposition more.

However, I expect Duffy to return in our next game, home v Burnley. I think we need him for the more physical battle they present.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    (MODS - apols if i should have put that on the Duffy thread instead. Happy to move it)

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Trossard has been playing wide forward on the left for Brighton but has been ruled out for a month. Brighton are at home to Burnley tomorrow. That sounds like the perfect game for Aaron to start or get an extended run. Fingers crossed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Came on for his home debut as a late sub against Burnley - had a chance to win it with a run through but sliced his shot high and wide

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Trossard has been playing wide forward on the left for Brighton but has been ruled out for a month. Brighton are at home to Burnley tomorrow. That sounds like the perfect game for Aaron to start or get an extended run. Fingers crossed.
    He's certainly got a good chance of coming on in most games. I think it'll be a while before he gets a league start tbh, unless either Maupay or Murray gets crocked too.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Came on for his home debut as a late sub against Burnley - had a chance to win it with a run through but sliced his shot high and wide
    From where I was (haven't seen a replay yet) it was a pretty tight angle; he'd have done well to score, though I suppose if I was being critical i'd say that he should have at least tested the keeper.
    He didn't otherwise have much chance to get into the game but he definitely does look like he's got a great brain for football. Looked very lively and always thinking about space and making a run.
    Early days, but the signs are good.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I am very optimistic about Connolly playing more and more in the coming weeks. I know Glenn Murray has been a club legend and is class; but I think his age really started showing on saturday. His legs were gone after 60 minutes - before this I thought Glenn was ageless, I’m sure Brighton fans noticed this. He’s 36 next week and I can’t see him being as instrumental at premier league level as he has been previously. I think Connolly will gradually get more and more playing time as Murray is phased out to just cameo appearances. Obviously Maupay is still ahead of him, and when Trossard returns he will start. Connolly’s energy, runs off the ball and finishing are great, he’s still raw but will improve with every appearance he gets, fingers crossed. I am looking forward to seeing him link up with Trossard actually who has some eye for a pass, they will complement each other very well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Thought he looked naive and raw for the few minutes he played against Burnley. Difficult angle to score with the shot he had, but he needs to work the keeper. Ran offside badly during those minutes, and had a weak header for another chance to work the keeper. But looks a star in the making from what I've seen with the U21s.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I’ve suffered through 63 minutes of one of the worst prem football games ive seen here, Connolly better come on soon. Mooy is a terrible midfielder (picture a right footed McClean without pace and hair), on loan from Huddersfield....such a shame they didn’t give Molumby a chance this year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    He’s about to come on, grab the popcorn lads.

Playing wide left
    Last edited by tommy_c12000; 21/09/2019 at 6:57 PM.

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Unlucky not to score improvised nicely

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Yes, miraculous clearance off the line, excellent effort. Again, very impressed with Connolly. He’s a terrier, and as strong as an ox. Won a number of free kicks, laid it off nicely a couple of times. Gave the ball away only once when he was tackled well. Maupay had given the ball away a number of times cheaply, looks dangerous but Connolly can certainly compete against him for a starting berth. Another positive step in his development. Huge for him to come on ahead of Murray. Next up will be a start vs Villa in league cup Wednesday night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Looked very good again today. So, so unlucky not to score and was a lovely finish too.

He's ready for the seniors really. I know the 21s have a huge game coming up but he could definitely make an impact off the bench at minimum for the seniors.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    This is the chance. So cruel but it should give him a nice kick of confidence and determination for getting the first.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/stat...785665538?s=19

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Connolly’s chance at 51 seconds: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EYO3OG9Bji8

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Crikey, his luck isn't in the past few days - really seems to like drifting down that left-of-centre channel.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Video isn't working for me Tommy, but is it of when he hit the woodwork v Villa?
    I was there. Very difficult game for him to do anything with as we put out such an inexperienced side, could barely get the ball off of Villa. But when the midfield did manage to bring him into it I thought he looked on a different level to the rest, again.

I haven't checked the stats, but I think he came off around the hour? Which was a clear sign that he'd continue to be involved in the first team squad at Chelsea.

I didn't see any of the Chelsea game and I didn't listen to much of it either, so I can't contribute anything about that!

Planning to skip the Spurs game this Saturday and watch on the tv instead

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Making his first start in the premier league today.

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast