Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jayson Molumby M West Brom b.1999

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    He’s emerged as joint favorite with bookies apparently.

Molumby with 90 minutes today. Great 2-1 win over Leeds. Committed several fouls and was lucky not to get sent off by all accounts, did receive another yellow card. Also felt on Wednesday he lost the discipline a bit. Will need to try to learn to control emotions going forward, similar to our new superstar Connolly. The Brighton boys do have a bit of fire in their bellies that will land them in trouble every now and again, but hopefully won’t be a major issue for either going forward

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    I’d be hoping for a better man / team manager than Keane . Surely there must be more positive options than Keane out there .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Per report, he had a great game today, from one of the better posters on their fans website:

“Molumby was outstanding in CM. Energy to spare he had time to challenge, win the ball, lay off a good pass and got my MoM. Fergie played very well, laid off a great ball for Bradshaw’s goal and never let us down. Ben was full of energy but tired at the end but still played very well. Bradshaw looked sharp and full of running and scored a great goal and ran Molumby a close second for MOM.”

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    He’s emerged as joint favorite with bookies apparently.

Molumby with 90 minutes today. Great 2-1 win over Leeds. Committed several fouls and was lucky not to get sent off by all accounts, did receive another yellow card. Also felt on Wednesday he lost the discipline a bit. Will need to try to learn to control emotions going forward
    He had a right hefty challenge late on in the U21 game in Sweden too and was penalised for at least one act of simulation in Toulon. Still, looks a quality player and maybe we could do with someone who plays on the edge a bit, within reason.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball...molumby.39264/

A thread on the Millwall forum from this weekend on Molumby. Reflects a lot of what people

say on this forum. He has the propensity to lose the head that needs to be coached out of him. But he has got ability and should have a good career in the game.

Whisper this but I see a lot of Roy Keane in him. Not saying he's the next Roy Keane but he has the drive, divilment, passing, aggression and ball control traits.

Also, he is getting a good run in the team and we are 4 months into a 10 month season.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I had the same thought regarding Roy Keane, definitely some of the same characteristics. To answer one of those posters' questions, he has four yellow cards in nine matches, so not quite one per game as suggested. He did pick up three of those in consecutive matches alright. I see he's being compared to Dennis Wise on there too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Excellent performance again tonight as Millwall beat Bristol City away 2-1 by all accounts. He has now established a himself with Williams in the centre, millwall 4 points off play off spot. Rowett replacing Harris has been huge for Jayson, with Millwall now playing attractive passing football. He will be remaining at Millwall for the rest of the season (I’ve read Brighton can’t recall him as he has featured regularly) and is on trajectory to be a premier league regular next season. I would have pushed for Slovakia consideration, but I watched him last month in 2 games for millwall and he isn’t quite ready. Will see how he develops over the Christmas schedule.

Having watched a good deal of Brighton this season, he certainly should have the ability to break into their team next season, if he stays injury free. Stephens is very average, while Propper is technically very good with a great range of passing, he does tend to lose the ball a bit and is poor defensively.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Delighted to hear that it's going well for Molumby at Millwall. If he can have a free run of injuries for the next year or two I'm convinced he'll develop into the commanding central midfielder we've been lacking.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    I would have pushed for Slovakia consideration
    Jesus, not another Declan Rice.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Not even remotely similar! One is from Cappoquin... the other from Kingston upon Thames....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Jesus, not another Declan Rice.
    Pretty sure Molumby can only play for Ireland

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    According to millwall forum, Molumby was outstanding again today. Ran the show vs high flying Brentford. O’Brien scored early goal for 1-0 win. If he maintains this form, it will be hard to ignore his claims for a squad place for playoff. Although would be too big a game to start a 20 year old in for his first cap, important to have him in squad for potential cameo and considering the possible second game within a week.
    Last edited by tommy_c12000; 29/12/2019 at 5:18 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U64FdtW_yQo

Molumby instrumental for their goal, closing down their keeper forcing him into a mistake, A O’Brien slots home

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Watched the second half of their 3-0 win over Newport. Molumby solid without needing to get out of second gear. The main thing that struck me was the state of the Den’s playing surface. It’s woeful. Molumby was still maintaining his high pass completion rate on it. He should be in a great position to cement a premier league starting berth next summer with a full season of this under his belt

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    We have a sizeable number of players coming through that I think will be very good premier league players in the next 2-3 years. Molumby and Knight may be the pick of them. Both excellent ballers. From watching the underage sides, it isn't a major shock. Our attacking talent is unreal as well and they are for the most part very grounded young lads. Dara O'Shea and Collins have big futures too and I would be confident we have one future premier league goalie among the kids. Irish football is taking a battering these past few weeks, but on the field it's possibly twenty years since we had so many good news stories.

While Parrott is an outstanding talent, i would be cautious about the potential stuff in the background with him. By all acounts, he's a nice lad but is very good friends with extremely undesirable people to put it mildly. I heard from a reliable source that Harry Kane kicked off with him a few weeks ago for acting the billy big ****** around the place. I don't like Mourinho as a person, but he won't take that ****e from a young player which might be better for him in the long run. Say what you like about him, but he has been a top manager. I would say Troy could get some chances in the coming weeks and it is up to him to take it.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Sounds like you are describing a young Anthony Stokes there Bungle... hope Parrott is not like that

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    We have a sizeable number of players coming through that I think will be very good premier league players in the next 2-3 years. Molumby and Knight may be the pick of them. Both excellent ballers. From watching the underage sides, it isn't a major shock. Our attacking talent is unreal as well and they are for the most part very grounded young lads. Dara O'Shea and Collins have big futures too and I would be confident we have one future premier league goalie among the kids. Irish football is taking a battering these past few weeks, but on the field it's possibly twenty years since we had so many good news stories.

While Parrott is an outstanding talent, i would be cautious about the potential stuff in the background with him. By all acounts, he's a nice lad but is very good friends with extremely undesirable people to put it mildly. I heard from a reliable source that Harry Kane kicked off with him a few weeks ago for acting the billy big ****** around the place. I don't like Mourinho as a person, but he won't take that ****e from a young player which might be better for him in the long run. Say what you like about him, but he has been a top manager. I would say Troy could get some chances in the coming weeks and it is up to him to take it.
    I heard from people who know him that he is a very humble guy.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    I heard from people who know him that he is a very humble guy.
    As did I and Stephen Kenny has been very clear on that point also. I have heard and have seen photographic evidence (as many here probably have), however, that the "extremely undesirable people" point is true.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    As I said he appears to be a nice lad from what I have heard and by all accounts he has not forgotten where he is from and the people who helped him along the way. However, he will need to remove himself from some very nasty people asap. I've no doubt he has a top agent that befits a young player of his talent so that will be crucial. It's ironic because normally I hate agents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Signed a new contract at Brighton until 2023
    https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...s-new-contract

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast