Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jayson Molumby M West Brom b.1999

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Maybe, but maybe he backs himself to be given a chance somewhere along the line; I really don't think he's too far away. He's good enough, and is obviously well thought of by the Brighton coaching staff, as has been borne out with his new contract.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Maybe, but maybe he backs himself to be given a chance somewhere along the line; I really don't think he's too far away. He's good enough, and is obviously well thought of by the Brighton coaching staff, as has been borne out with his new contract.
    Lallana and Gross were picked ahead of him on the bench today which isn't that surprising- good players. As you say, he's not far away. There are four ahead of him in the queue. I think the big issue is that last season Brighton played 3-5-2. They've gone 3-4-3 this season. They're playing 2 centre midfielders instead of 3. Instead of it being 5 into 3, it's 5 into 2.

It is very tight for him but they brought both Gross and Lallana on today. An injury and/or a suspension bumps him up the queue.

I think Alzate is the outstanding player from the 5. I really like the look of him. After that, Lallana has experience and quality and is a different player. If he's going to make it I think Bissouma and Gross are hurdles that he would need to jump.

He has every chance. I'm just not sure whether he needs the laoj or not. He's on the verge I think.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    I think that's a pretty good assessment of the situation.

And don't forget, Potter played Molumby as a right-back against Portsmouth, so Potter probably considers him as an option at fullback/wingback, too.

That said, it still wouldn't surprise me if he ended up going on loan again either. I think Molumby's already said he'd seek a loan move if he wasn't definitely in Potter's plans for this season.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I can definitely see an argument for him to stick it out for now at Brighton.

Firstly, there is an English domestic transfer window that runs for another two weeks after the international window closes - so they don't need to make a call on it just yet, they can decide in mid October whether he stays or goes on loan.

But even then, because of the unusual season schedule this year, it's not really that long until the January window either. Molumby has just come off a full season of first team football at Millwall so he's in a different position to a lot of our other younger players who desperately need game time. He probably doesn't have too much to lose but potentially a lot to gain by trying for a first team place at Brighton for the rest of 2020. If it works out for him he can become an established premier league player, if it doesn't he will still have his pick of Championship clubs in January.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I think he’s good enough to get into the Brighton team, I just haven’t really seen any signs that it’s going to happen...

I’d definitely wait till the tail end of the loan window (I expect that’s exactly what brighton are doing) to see if an injury changes the outlook.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Starts for Brighton u23 this afternoon, so obviously not involved this evening with first team.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Made his senior debut for Brighton today, came on at the end against Aston Villa. Hopefully he can make his way into the first team, he looks like a very decent prospect.
    Last edited by Colbert Report; 21/11/2020 at 5:32 PM.

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Made is senior debut for Brighton today, came on at the end against Aston Villa. Hopefully he can make his way into the first team, he looks like a very decent prospect.
    His league debut? Hes played a few cup matches, against United in the league cup a few weeks back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Yeah, his league debut, sorry. The commentator mentioned that it was his senior debut, I don't think people think much of the League Cup nowadays!

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Yeah, his league debut, sorry. The commentator mentioned that it was his senior debut, I don't think people think much of the League Cup nowadays!
    I actually prefer the League Cup to the FA cup. Games are usually midweek under floodlights with good atmospheres.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Watching Brighton tonight - Potter really must not rate Molumby if he can't find a spot for him that midfield - they're absolutely woeful and he isn't even on the bench.

They have two important games coming up now against Fulham and Sheffield United - it he doesn't get a look in for either game he needs to get out of there as soon as the transfer window opens.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Watching Brighton tonight - Potter really must not rate Molumby if he can't find a spot for him that midfield - they're absolutely woeful and he isn't even on the bench.

They have two important games coming up now against Fulham and Sheffield United - it he doesn't get a look in for either game he needs to get out of there as soon as the transfer window opens.
    Millwall could certainly do with Molumby on another loan !

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Brighton are all over the place at the moment. Connolly hasnt really kicked on like we hoped this season either.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Looking at Sheffield United tonight, they could use him. Starting with Ampadu, Berge and Fleck in the centre and Berge has gone off injured now - and they've had to move a centre back into midfield, as Norwood and Osbourn aren't really Premier League quality.

Probably a pipe-dream but if he were to sign, could ultimately see him starting in midfield and Ampadu covering O'Connell's long term injury at centre half...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Sheffield United are in big trouble, they need to be looking at bringing in established players with a lot of experience if they have any hope at all of turning this around.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Back on the Brighton bench. Might get a few minutes to put him in the shop window for a loan move.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Draw at home to a struggling Sheff United. Potter is being found out. And Molumby is definitely worth a spin in that side.

In better news, Connolly actually finished the game.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    The PL teams voted to increase the number of subs on bench from 7 to 9 which could explain his bench appearance!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    The PL teams voted to increase the number of subs on bench from 7 to 9 which could explain his bench appearance!
    Probably good from an Irish point of view. It's a shame the 5 subs rule wasn't passed or he might have seen some match time.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Never understood the limited bench in soccer. Surely just have the subs there and manager can choose who he wants?
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast