Thread: Munster Junior Cup 2004/05

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backodanet
    How Good Are Tralee
    I Know They Have A Great Set Up But That's All I Know Any Info??
    Tralee ar every solid at the back, they like to play football and keep the ball on the deck. They have two great ball players in the middle of the park, ther main playmaker is a chap called sammy (samier). An excellent player with good vision and all the tricks, he plays in the middle of the park. The two in the middle can be kept quiet if you get stuck in on them. Their two strikers like to drop deep for the ball and interchange passes with the midfield, they werent a big threat on goal when i saw them but one is a good target man in the air. Overall an excellent footballing side all round but not very clinical upfront!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ferrybank

Think ye are being very unfait on Ferrybank here. They are a good side who are just coming bang into form. They drew 0-0 with Carrick in the league and that was with 10 men for the last 30 mins. Don't be too surprised if they caused a shock down in Tralee. Then they would have a home semi final at their fantastic facilities in Ferrybank, and if they were to meet Carrick in a final they have every chance of beating them. Last year carrick only beat them on penalties in the earlier rounds of the FAI Junior Cup!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ferrybank v Carrick the worst game played this season. It was played in awfull windy conditions, Ferrybank hoffed the ball all over the park, time wasting etc. and the ref was quite woefull. The bloodly ball was black and blue, good job no aircraft were flying low !!. It this is Waterford Premier Football god help us. If Carrick were allowed to play football they would have won.
    Tralee will beat Ferrybank, unlike Carrick Tralee will love the hoffing game Ferrybank play and the gale of saturday will have blown out.

Ferrybanks facilities !!, good yes but the pitch is a bog. As for Ferrybank reaching the final. Well semi's must be played on a nuteral ground that would be Ozier. There opponents would possibly be St. Micheals who to be honest would be far to good for Ferrybank.
    As for Carrick on Saturdays display they will win nothing, but they will not face GAA like teams in gale like conditions either each weekend.

But my word that referee on Saturday was the pits, the game was woeful and he was not interested. He seems to want trouble, a bully boy referee if ever I saw one.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a bog!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you possibly say the pitch is a bog?? I was at the game and there was nothing wrong with the pitch in fact it is one of the better junior league pitches in Munster.
    All I am saying is yes of course it will be very hard for Ferrybank but don't write them off as they are capable of getting results even down in Tralee.
    As for your comments about the referee. If the Carrick management stopped complaing and moaning about everything in the game there would not be a problem. Carrick were lucky not to have the game abandoned with the way they were carrying on referees have ahard enough job to do without this kind of rubbish. Maybe it's just Carrick feeling under pressure.
    Your comments about the facilities are totally unfair too. Ferrybank are probably the most progressive club in the Waterford Junior League. Go back to the ground for next season and you will see a brand spanking new pitch that will then give them two quality pitches, and with also exceelent training and dressing room facilitities. Give credit where credit is due Irish Eagle

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irisheagle
    Ferrybank v Carrick the worst game played this season. It was played in awfull windy conditions, Ferrybank hoffed the ball all over the park, time wasting etc. and the ref was quite woefull. The bloodly ball was black and blue, good job no aircraft were flying low !!. It this is Waterford Premier Football god help us. If Carrick were allowed to play football they would have won.
    Tralee will beat Ferrybank, unlike Carrick Tralee will love the hoffing game Ferrybank play and the gale of saturday will have blown out.

Ferrybanks facilities !!, good yes but the pitch is a bog. As for Ferrybank reaching the final. Well semi's must be played on a nuteral ground that would be Ozier. There opponents would possibly be St. Micheals who to be honest would be far to good for Ferrybank.
    As for Carrick on Saturdays display they will win nothing, but they will not face GAA like teams in gale like conditions either each weekend.

But my word that referee on Saturday was the pits, the game was woeful and he was not interested. He seems to want trouble, a bully boy referee if ever I saw one.
    I disagree with your point that carrick will win nothing, carrick tried to play ball but werent allowed with the ball being constantly pumped down on their back four all day. They were by far the better team and didnt win simply because they failed to take their chances. Have you seen all of their games this year or are you just writing them off on the one game you have seen. Be realistic hear, theres not a team in the country that performs to the top of their abilities week in week out. The referee was a disgrace!! Nothing new there though

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teckno
    How can you possibly say the pitch is a bog?? I was at the game and there was nothing wrong with the pitch in fact it is one of the better junior league pitches in Munster.
    All I am saying is yes of course it will be very hard for Ferrybank but don't write them off as they are capable of getting results even down in Tralee.
    As for your comments about the referee. If the Carrick management stopped complaing and moaning about everything in the game there would not be a problem. Carrick were lucky not to have the game abandoned with the way they were carrying on referees have ahard enough job to do without this kind of rubbish. Maybe it's just Carrick feeling under pressure.
    Your comments about the facilities are totally unfair too. Ferrybank are probably the most progressive club in the Waterford Junior League. Go back to the ground for next season and you will see a brand spanking new pitch that will then give them two quality pitches, and with also exceelent training and dressing room facilitities. Give credit where credit is due Irish Eagle
    What way were they carrying on? By the sounds of it your a ferrybank supporter, im not being critical now but tralee are a very good side. I feel that yee will have to pose a bigger threat up front if yee want to beat them, and in the big lad i dont think hes good enough. Their back four are very solid as were ferrybank's on saturday, and they've an excellent midfield pairing. Yee will have to be on top form to turn them over

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Carrying On!!!

the way they were abusing the referee not just the management but the club members too was a disgrace. They were having a go at him every chance they got. It really hard for a referee to do Premier League games without linesman and they should not be getting all the hassle and abuse that the Carrick mentors were giving him!!!!
    Carrick will in my opinion will still win the league as they are by far the best team in it. But I stand by what I said earlier if it was an all Waterford Munster Junior Cup final then I think Ferrybank would be more than capable of beating Carrick on the day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls
    st michaels from tipp have to be favourates after beating fairview yesterday. was at game fairview were well on top and wayne scored great goal in 1st half but second half was all saints and they deserved there win. fairview need a better goalkeeper cost them game yesterday. dont mind all this talk about how good limericks league is yeah standard is high but saints or clonmel town wud beat any limerick side.
    Was the game myself. Don't know how you can say the goalkeeper cost them the game. St. Michael's first goal was a scramble with everybody involved. And the keeper had no chance for the second, a ambitious shot by Aaron Moroney (Ex Carrick Utd, Clonmel Town), the only thing he did for the whole 90 mins. Michaels are a beatable team, and should have been beaten on this occasion. Barry Ryan striker is past his sell by date.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how long has moroney been playing with them?
    now ye have it is right.....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    What way were they carrying on? By the sounds of it your a ferrybank supporter, im not being critical now but tralee are a very good side. I feel that yee will have to pose a bigger threat up front if yee want to beat them, and in the big lad i dont think hes good enough. Their back four are very solid as were ferrybank's on saturday, and they've an excellent midfield pairing. Yee will have to be on top form to turn them over

This easy to upset you lot, good job the referee is not on here, lol. This only football fella's. Seriouly no need for abuse on here either

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Carrick mentors work hard at their team game like every other club and do not deserve the comments above.
    I believe Carrick have six home games in the league, hence the ball is in their court.
    Referee's are paided thus you expect better then what was on offer on Saturday. If he was refereing in the AUL the run would be put on him. Ferrybanks facilities are good but no better then most of the progressive clubs in the country, which has to be applauded.
    Micheals are a very good side, it will take a good team to beat them. Would love to see a Micheal v Carrick final, here football would be the winner.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carricksmasher
    how long has moroney been playing with them?
    He's been playing with michael's since about november i think, maybe earlier.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This easy to upset you lot, good job the referee is not on here, lol. This only football fella's. Seriouly no need for abuse on here either
    What abuse?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i herd carrick beat newcastle today 1-0 no shock there then was that the only ouater final today

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah carrick won 1-0 and have clonmel town in the semi, repeat of last years final
    now ye have it is right.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carricksmasher
    yeah carrick won 1-0 and have clonmel town in the semi, repeat of last years final
    Clonmel town still have to play their 1/4 final against regional united of limerick, carrick are due to play the winners of that game. That is scheduled for next weekend in clonmel.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    saint michaels beat leeside 3-1 they are in other semi

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Regional play Clonmel in the Munster Junior Cup on on Sunday, have they got any hope of success?. If Town win three Tipperary teams and a Kerry team will remain, Carrick Utd. play in the Waterford League but are based in South Tipperary. So were are all the super Limerick teams !!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Regional play Clonmel in the Munster Junior Cup on on Sunday, have they got any hope of success?. If Town win three Tipperary teams and a Kerry team will remain, Carrick Utd. play in the Waterford League but are based in South Tipperary. So were are all the super Limerick teams !!

We could have said 2 weeks ago where are all the super Tipp and Dublin teams when there was 3 LDL sides left in the FAI Quarters but that would just be petty and it does not matter if Carrick are in south Tipp ..they play in the waterford League and thats that.Also look how quickly things change only one limerick team in the semis now..I would go for a repeat of last years final if Clonmel and Carrick avoid each other in the semi..That would make it 1 TSDL team and one Waterford District league team ...I reckon the WDL team would win just like last year

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    carrick and clonmel play each other in semi, neither team is as good as last year but are still vert evenly matched. saint michaels i think will win the cup if they get to final

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast