Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Supporters Q & A. Answer or Speculate wildly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Market's Field View Post
    Maybe we'll ask Joe Young or Danny Drew or Jack McCarthy to come back in and take over
    Have you some kind of problem with Ger Finnan?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    How could I have forgotten Soccer Limerick!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'd love for the fella who said a few weeks ago there's no way we will be relegated ffs to come back on and see has he changed his mind.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Any word on if there was a blue army boycott at the bohs match?
    Last edited by Ballistinianlad; 20/08/2017 at 2:39 PM. Reason: Left out details

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    Any word on if there was a blue army boycott at the bohs match?
    I can't see that there was. The majority were there and the ones that weren't were involved in junior soccer matches last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    There was no boycott or ban or anything like that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Happy to hear that. Just people speculating wildly it seems 👍🏻

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    582 Posts
    Yeah, think it started on club FB comments.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Out of curiosity, why don't we ever play at home on Friday nights? Is it the whole 'family club' image they are desperate to create?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EL_Limerick View Post
    Out of curiosity, why don't we ever play at home on Friday nights? Is it the whole 'family club' image they are desperate to create?
    We used to always play at home on Friday nights at 7:45pm. It was moved to Saturday nights at 6:30 to accommodate more travelling support and families. Personally I think it has worked.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    We used to always play at home on Friday nights at 7:45pm. It was moved to Saturday nights at 6:30 to accommodate more travelling support and families. Personally I think it has worked.
    It's hard to be sure given the general increase in profile for the club over the last few years but I'd be inclined to agree with you. Personally it's been fantastic. If we were still playing on Fridays I'd only manage a handful of games a season at this stage. Long may it continue!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fair enough thanks, BTW I agree that it's great to see so many kids/families at matches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The amount of kids now following Limerick has been the real success story of the Markets Field return. Back in the day you wouldn't see a child up in Hogan Park from one year to the next.
    Not having a go at the Blue Army because without them the match day experience would be much duller but if the club are serious about making the main stand family friendly I think it would be in everyone's best interests if the club lobbied the ledp for a second temporary stand structure to accommodate the blue army or singing section behind the goals to the right of the stand. This would be the ideal scenario in my opinion. The stand still close enough to feed off the atmosphere and maybe far enough away not to hear the occasional "bad words" that seem to be causing a few ructions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    The amount of kids now following Limerick has been the real success story of the Markets Field return. Back in the day you wouldn't see a child up in Hogan Park from one year to the next.
    Not having a go at the Blue Army because without them the match day experience would be much duller but if the club are serious about making the main stand family friendly I think it would be in everyone's best interests if the club lobbied the ledp for a second temporary stand structure to accommodate the blue army or singing section behind the goals to the right of the stand. This would be the ideal scenario in my opinion. The stand still close enough to feed off the atmosphere and maybe far enough away not to hear the occasional "bad words" that seem to be causing a few ructions.
    Not having a go at you but you would need to be moving a lot more than just us to stop bad language in the stand. Would the chairman be moved to the new spot with us for example?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Not having a go at you but you would need to be moving a lot more than just us to stop bad language in the stand. Would the chairman be moved to the new spot with us for example?
    It's hardly ideal having the "family section" adjacent to the "ultras" in fairness. Anyway I just think it would add to the overall atmosphere and appeal of the ground if we had another stand behind that goal with a thriving boisterous home support. Maybe the blue army prefers where they are currently situated I'm just throwing it out there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Ha ha, too true.
    In fairness the BA have done alright on the language etc. Pretty much since we moved back. The kids love to sing/clap along as well so I think it works very well at the moment. The odd eejit let's a rather objectionable squeal out maybe every now and then...usually proportional with the form of the team which maybe causes the odd tut tut.
    We should still be lobbying for a second (permanent) stand though, as if we have any success, there actually will not be enough seats in MF. When that happens it will give people the chance to pick the other stand. Even then I would like to see the BA remain in the main stand...minding the language still of course and keeping the current mix.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    582 Posts
    There's bad language and then there's bad language. If you take your kids to games they're going to be exposed to that kind of thing, no matter where you plant them. But that doesn't mean that over-the-top, coordinated obscenities need to be allowed either. The BA have generally been fine for the last little while, and there's a nice balance. Compared to Jackman, where the kids seemed to just be constantly running around or playing football themselves on the hill, it's way better. If families have to put up with some swear words so the games can have actual atmosphere, so be it. As has been indicated, it's rich of POS to complain about such things, when he's all but threatening to sack the coaching staff when he's in the stands.

Another stand still a good idea, in theory.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    That drum/clap routine with progressively shorter times between each beat needs more airtime...the other fans love it and really get into it, but I haven't heard it in ages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    If Things go to plan and we maintain our Premier status the Markets Field needs to take the next step to coincide with the Neil McDonald revolution years. What would ye favour to step the Popular Side or a stand structure behind the goals?? Anyone know do the club have much input in to any further development!?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Covered terrace along the popular side, think they are waiting on Limerick Senior to decide what they are doing. Many a plan was considered with them going to St.Endas, Old Krupp building, A new build and refurb in St.Joseph's etc..the existing building is not fit for purpose TBH. With the Ledp owning the neighborhood Telecom building maybe a joint venture could be considered..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast