Come on Rovers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 9 2 8
    Come on Rovers
    So you going to the game 1928? Should be a good one and hope that ***** Collins gets a lot of abuse. I'm going to say a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 to ROVERS(not shams ) .I wonder will there be many shams fans going.
    Last edited by sligoman; 26/02/2005 at 12:19 PM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah. It should be a good test for us we'll see how good these new signing are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rovers 1 Shams 1

Rovers out played Shams for a lot of the game. About 70 Shams supporters down for the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    played well enuf.
    lined up
    rouse
    gallagher
    low
    o donnell
    mac namarara
    cretaro
    o grady
    kudozovic
    foley
    alvarez

god help me i cant remember who started left wing.
    anway some guy came on for foley i think his name was "brian tosh" i could be wrong and he could be one of the local guys . he was commited and had a few good touches but didnt seem too comfortable on the ball. better than alvarez though i thought he was useless, no pace whatsoever and very bad on the ball. conor o grady was decent the back four were good and we have signed kulsten he came on towards the end . shams didnt look anything special but we need more strikers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i thought sligo rovers played pretty well. I agree though that alvarez was probably rovers worst player. Nice goal by Low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    anway some guy came on for foley i think his name was "brian tosh" i could be wrong and he could be one of the local guys . he was commited and had a few good touches but didnt seem too comfortable on the ball.
    Yes he was called Brian Tosh, I tought he was fairly crap tough, made a few chances but was very slow.
    Alverez was terrible,very slow and was'nt really noticed at all, I would'nt rate him at all but it is early days yet.
    Foley is another player who played bad.
    Low, what a goal, He seems very confident on the ball and I think he could shine for us this season.
    Kulsten seemed ok, even though he only played the last 15mins.

All in all a good game for Rovers and we deserved more. We have another tough test next Wednesday Vs. Longford. Many of ye going to that game?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    I'm going to say a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 to ROVERS(not shams )
    Great prediction by me .Maybe this is a sign of things to come in the predictions league for the coming season

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rovers (we) werent great second half,mcnamara had an awful game,kicking air most of the time,alverez was very dissapointing,Rouses fault for the goal

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think we should get too carried away with this game whither we think it was a good or bad performance. First off it was a pre-season friendly and as friendlies go it was a good wookout for both sides. Both were very happy at the end as should be the case with the supporters. The first half was by far our best after the interval it was subs all the way, I lost count after eight. One thing which I wasn't happy with is the condition of the playing surface - do we have a roller? If yes, why is it not in use? The ball bobbled more times it was unbelievable. It's a problem which has to be address immediately. Looking at our midfield on show yesterday, all ball players who like to get the ball down for a passing game, the Showgrounds surface will not compliment their skill levels. It's only weeks to the start of the season so it's time to get the finger out, or should that read roller, and get the surface in shape!!
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Indeed as pre-seasons go it was a fairly good display overall. Roddy Collins was saying before the game that 4 – nil (to Shams) would be a good result. Trevor Molley was subbed after 70 min; for all that time he hardly ever got a touch of the ball. That tells it own story about our defence. Most of the debutantes to the Showgrounds did reasonably well. It will take a while to settle in, so lets not criticise them too soon. We out played Shams for most of the first half, and with all the subs in the second half it was difficult to get the same momentum going. Overall it was encouraging to see our lads giving a premier division side, a solid workout. No sight of McTiernan , we will need more strikers if we are to push for promotion.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was encouraging to see them try and play the ball on the ground, pitch surface wasn't the best, very bumpy. Didn't think much about your man Alverez, will give him a few more matches. We definitely need a new keeper, that eejit should spend more time concentrating on his own game instead of shouting 'man on' all the time, what was he at for the goal, I've seen statues move faster. On a positive note, it was great to see nearly the whole team putting in the effort, something we haven't seen for a long long time..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Not looking good if pitch is bad already , is it too late to astro turf the main pitch and save on floodlighting the astro pitch?