Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Moldova home and Wales away

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Moldova home and Wales away

I realize that the ticket threads for these two matches are not up yet so I apologize in advance if this is breaking the rules. I'm hoping to bring my father to one or both of these matches - I live in America and have not been home since the Bulgaria match at Croke Park in March of 2009. Is there anything I can do to try to get tickets for these two matches other than posting in the ticket threads when they open? Many thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I realize that the ticket threads for these two matches are not up yet so I apologize in advance if this is breaking the rules. I'm hoping to bring my father to one or both of these matches - I live in America and have not been home since the Bulgaria match at Croke Park in March of 2009. Is there anything I can do to try to get tickets for these two matches other than posting in the ticket threads when they open? Many thanks.
    I'll throw up ticket threads later on today Colbert.

Moldova at home should be relatively easy to get tickets for I would say. So just try on FAI.ie nearer the time. Make sure you have an FAI ticket account set up anyway.
    https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/fai/EN/account/login

Wales away is a different story. The allocation is small enough that we got plus it's in Cardiff City Stadium and not in the Principality (Millennium) Stadium.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

3. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Thanks. Here in America we don't have "home" or "away" sets of tickets so I'm unfamiliar with how it works. I understand that they segregate the supporters to avoid crowd trouble but is there any way I can just buy tickets from the box office in Wales and sit amongst the Welsh as long as I keep my mouth shut and wear neutral coloured clothing?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    The Wales end will be sold out well in advance. The only way you'll get tickets is second-hand.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Thanks. Here in America we don't have "home" or "away" sets of tickets so I'm unfamiliar with how it works. I understand that they segregate the supporters to avoid crowd trouble but is there any way I can just buy tickets from the box office in Wales and sit amongst the Welsh as long as I keep my mouth shut and wear neutral coloured clothing?
    The FAW have just started selling tickets to Welsh fans holding "2018 World Cup Gold or Junior Membership". That will go on until August 25 when tickets will go on sale to the general public, but only if they aren't all scooped up by members and there's no guarantee they won't be. Also they do note that "these tickets are for Wales fans only and FAW reserves the right to cancel and refund any bookings made by members with Irish addresses or those believed to be Irish supporters." https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fawtick...px?itemref=899

After Wales' exploits last summer it's likely that it will be a sell-out and quickly. If you do manage to sneak a ticket, you'd better hope that Wales are out of contention by then or it could get awkward sitting among their fans - even if you act neutral, there'll probably be at least one guy who'll be curious as to why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Sure there'll be plenty of green jerseys amongst the red no doubt, I wouldn't worry about that. Hardly the most hostile of rivalries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    If it were me I'd just get my ass to Cardiff for that night anyway. Even if you don't get a ticket (which you will), you'd at least be in town for the night that could be in it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I've set up those threads. But they're locked for now as we are well in advance of those games.

Colbert, I don't think you'll have any issues getting tickets for the Moldova game tbh. A few of us on here have season tickets and if the worst comes to the worst I'm sure we can sort you and the oul lad out.

I'll put you on the list once the Serbia game is over and I reopen the thread.

Re the Wales game. Just aim to go over to it no matter what. You'll get sorted somehow and the craic will be class anyway, especially if we qualify.

The away thread is up there now for discussion:

Wales: http://foot.ie/threads/203320-Monday...ral-Discussion
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 10/08/2017 at 12:10 AM.

10. Thanks From: