Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Breakthrough player

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I've been very impressed with Sule from Bohs any time I've seen him. His stature might play against him getting a move to England but he's a very tidy and intelligent player, covers huge amounts of ground, rarely give the ball away. Trevor Clarke from Rovers looked incredible for a few games when he was moved back onto the wing but recently he's gone way off the boil, maybe a bit of fatigue or something setting in but he certainly won't have impressed any watching scouts in the recent European games or the derby.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I know he's only back from the UK but Burke at Rovers has something about him, if he can keep his head in the right place he could easily go back over to the UK. He certainly has the ability.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I've been very impressed with Sule from Bohs any time I've seen him. His stature might play against him getting a move to England but he's a very tidy and intelligent player, covers huge amounts of ground, rarely give the ball away. Trevor Clarke from Rovers looked incredible for a few games when he was moved back onto the wing but recently he's gone way off the boil, maybe a bit of fatigue or something setting in but he certainly won't have impressed any watching scouts in the recent European games or the derby.
    That sule lad looks good alright and that centre back o'hare or something. Clarke has been pretty much double or triple marked since moving to the wing and has has the living daylight kicked out of him at points too which has probably made it look as if he isn't doing as well but he's still been a good outlet and the space he creates for Byrne by that happening is unbelievable.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Personally think Clarke has been over hyped a bit. He has raw talent, bit needs to play with his head up if he wants to go further in his career IMO.
    Aaraon Bolger is the one I'm looking out for. Only 17 and he looks the biz, can see a pass, always looking forward, which stands out a mile in this league. Could be the next Wes Houlihan I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    He's had a few matches lately where he was only ok but he has been our man of the match in 10+ matches. Will be shocked if he isn't bought by 31st of August.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    What's the Rovers take on Burke. Watching him in Europe I was thinking this boy won't be at Rovers for long. Knew he had discipline problems earlier in the season but seen him a couple times more recently in League games and he's looked fairly average.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I think he is excellent but he is only just back from England and its unlikely someone is going to take a chance on him soon.
    If he keeps playing well and keeps the head maybe this time next year he might get another chance in England.
    He reminds me a bit of Stephen Mcphail , he always seems to have an extra second

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Bohs have signed Sule,O'Hora and Oscar Brennan for another year.Decent bit of business done there by Bohs.

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=11404

We're looking to hold on to our 'next breakthrough player' - Fats.Staying until the end of the season at least.

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-kenny-ex...n-7e9c3e473864
    (some good reading also there for Waterford fans re:Paddy Barrett)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    I wonder if Kenny is starting to think this group of players he's had a few seasons have peaked and it is now time to rebuild. They are gonna finish 2nd, out of Europe so now is a good time to start planning for next season.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Really like McAleer at Harps.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    James McSweeney at Ramblers is absolutely flying, he has the attention of a few scouts so surely will make the move at some stage.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC16 View Post
    James McSweeney at Ramblers is absolutely flying, he has the attention of a few scouts so surely will make the move at some stage.
    Yeah a few rambles fans were raving about him to me down there. For a young lad he's extremely strong too which is always good. Whitmarsh another they speak highly of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Aaron Drinan signed for the Blues less then two weeks ago on an 18 month deal, he and fellow Blues youngster John Martin are off to Ipswich on trial. http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...n-10956289.amp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Went to Bohs and Bray last Friday and got to Sule up close for the first time having heard only positive things about him, and related in terms of being a breakthrough player.

First thing I thought is that they guy does not look like an athlete whatsoever. But jesus Christ he is tenacious, and won some balls that simply he had no right to win. at times he looked short on stamina, but a hectic week probably undermined him in that regard. When he went simple he was very effective, broke forward a few times and choose the wrong option. But definitely a viable chance in the future. Bohs signing him till the end of next season looks a shrewd move.

The best thing I could say is that if he was in a team where the players ahead of him were more responsible for the attacking threat, he would be a good addition to any potential league challengers.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Fuad Sule named SSE Airtricity/Soccer Writers' Association of Ireland Player of the Month. Well deserved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12