Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Divisions 1,2 & 3 2017/18

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Right lads .let's be having yer Predictions on the league's as things are starting to move again . Grattan b have there league all but wrapped up but what about the other divisions and sections . What do ye think ???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Outside of what is a truly dire football season in cork, great to see another national cup coming back to the county. Fair play to greenwood hopefully this helps there junior teams in years to come

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi lads, slightly off topic I know but does anyone know why there are so few FAI courses run in Cork, even the most basic ones like safeguarding 1 etc are all outside the county. I know Rockmount are running kick start 1 course but that's not till September and fair play to them for that but its into next season and all by the time its on. Surely there most be some interest out there to get these courses.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Grattan B wrapping up the league early last night. Well deserved huge congrats to all involved

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Congrats to Knocka Celtic on their win last night, are all the trophies going northside this year or what?
    Football seems to be strong up there at the moment!!
    Who`s likely to win all the cups?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Some big results last night in the top 2 divisions with Grattan A winning big and Knocka drawing while Bohemians all but wrapped up Prem .
    Good Run ins for both Div 1 sections Donoughmore picked up another tidy 3 points away to Fariview. Pearse B drawing with Dunbar and nearest rivals City Wanderers winning keeps that section very competitive.

AUL Results for Tuesday 15th May:
    Premier League: Pearse Celtic 2 Village Utd 2; Glenthorn Celtic 0 Grattan Utd 5; Coachford 2 Knocknaheeny Celtic 2; Innishvilla 3 Lakewood Ath 2.
    Premier A League: Kanturk 1 Bohemians 3; Macroom 5 Leeview Ath 0.
    AUL 1: Fairview 3 Donoughmore Ath 4; Temple Utd 3 Cloughduv Celtic 1; Waterloo v Tower FC (off).
    AUL 1A: Dunbar Celtic 1 Pearse Celtic 1; Springfield 1 City Wanderers 2; Knockraha 2 Glenthorn Celtic 2.

Tonight's results have certainly thrown the cat among the pigeons in the Premiership and there is no doubt but Grattan United have made a massive statement with this 5-0 victory over Glenthorn Celtic to take over top spot at what is really a crucial stage of the season.
    And aside from that, to get three points in a mideweek game over one of your main rivals for the title makes the result more precious.
    Then, we saw Knocknaheeny Celtic draw away to Coachford which is two points dropped for another side aiming at winning the title, but let's give credit to Coachford though as it was a great point for them at home and from what I was told, I believe they had a great chance to win it.
    Innishvilla will be glad also for their three points after a 3-2 win against Lakewood
    And whatever about the race for the title, Coachford, Lakewood, Innishvilla and Carrigtwohill will need to scrap for their lives to survive the drop - now that games are getting less and less.

In Premier A, it certainly looks like the title will be going to Bohemians. They chalked up yet another win tonight away from home which takes them a step closer.

In league one, it looks like a two horse race between Tower and Waterloo. These two were scheduled to play tonight, but despite a pile of interest in this, the game never took place.

Take a look at the tables now in 1A though - What a challenge for the title is going on here.
    Pearse managed a draw with a very late goal to salvage a point against Dunbar tonight, but City Wandereres takes over top spot now with a terrific 2-1 victory away to the Springers.
    Keep your eye on this section as it looks like the most exciting at the minute with Pearse, City Wanderers, Cathedral Celtic and Dunbar all in with a shout.

Talk again Thursday night.
    cheers,
    Barry.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Does anyone know if any of the teams that folded over the past 12 months are going to reform? Glen Celtic? Blarney Street? etc?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Does anyone know if any of the teams that folded over the past 12 months are going to reform? Glen Celtic? Blarney Street? etc?
    I've heard nothing as regards the teams you've mentioned . But by the looks of it there will be a few more to follow from what I hear . I wont name clubs as it's not fair . But there are clubs city and country struggling big time to field teams .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The weather this season has totally killed any momentum. Personally I don’t think summer soccer will fix that. I would prefer to see a longer Christmas break. Last game 1st weekend in December and start back last week in January. Our pitches are too hard for summer soccer grand for l.o.i. They can water theirs!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I don`t think either of those are reforming.
    Hillington also gone.
    A lot of games marked as off in the results section last week,
    i can only assume these are from clubs not fielding teams as pitches are fine.
    Awful situation for all concerned.
    Too many players / clubs down tools once they can no longer win anything.
    You can bet too that those teams had 4 or 5 committed lads disgusted at the state of affairs.
    The more of those teams that fold the better if you end up with 3 single divisions then so be it, spread their committed players to other teams.
    Harsh but true.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    on a seperate note Grattan B 18 games - 18 wins 100% Record.
    Only division 3 teams will say but not even a draw that`s very impressive.
    (no affilliation to the club by the way, despite a few posts about their exploits this season)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas3Formation View Post
    on a seperate note Grattan B 18 games - 18 wins 100% Record.
    Only division 3 teams will say but not even a draw that`s very impressive.
    (no affilliation to the club by the way, despite a few posts about their exploits this season)
    Ya a great achievement for the lads . I know a few of them well and I know they train hard and have a great team spirit as well . The team i play with played them in a cup and they gave us a great game . We'll done grattan b.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Well done to Grattan A and Grattan B on winning their leagues . Great achievement by the club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hearing Glen Celtic are back next season, must be good news for league that a club is reforming after the success Central and Killumney to lesser extent coming back into the AUL. Possible effect Glenthorns B team with a lot of ex glen celtic players playing with the A team?

FORMERLY: Michael Crowley
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Well done to Grattan A and Grattan B on winning their leagues . Great achievement by the club.
    Well done Donal

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PCoq View Post
    Well done Donal
    Thanks Michael

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    U left out both undefeated too thats a rare double

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    There has been some amount of clubs docked points this year. All for illegal players??? Even Grattan A being kicked out of AOH

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There has been some amount of clubs docked points this year. All for illegal players??? Even Grattan A being kicked out of AOH
    some i believe are for walkovers also, or multiple walkovers after warnings.
    i could be wrong on that front but that`s what i`ve been told.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Anyone know of any clubs that are renting out a pitch next season or any pitches not been used?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast