Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Divisions 1,2 & 3 2017/18

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Haven't heard anything a bit strange no draw has been made yet for it
    Big result last night in the city challenge the winners of it last year knocked out by grattan B 4-1 out there great result for them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah usually it's drawn by now would be a pity if it wasn't played at all

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    Yeah usually it's drawn by now would be a pity if it wasn't played at all
    Massive backlog of games. It will probably be scrapped. Its a losers cup anyway isn't it? If you get knocked out of AOH in the first round you play in or get knocked out of your division cup in the first round you play in you get entered in this if you are in Div1,2 or 3?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The competition is for teams who get knocked out early alright but it's a great incentive for them clubs or a mid table team in there league who probably don't have anything else to play for I'm sure the teams who have won it were well delighted with the so called losers Cup and the trip to Turners Cross in my opinion it will be a disgrace if its scrapped due to backlog of fixtures clubs pay there entry fees to the Aul to be entered into the competitions tht there entitled to but this is the aul were talking about

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by #Gaffer View Post
    The competition is for teams who get knocked out early alright but it's a great incentive for them clubs or a mid table team in there league who probably don't have anything else to play for I'm sure the teams who have won it were well delighted with the so called losers Cup and the trip to Turners Cross in my opinion it will be a disgrace if its scrapped due to backlog of fixtures clubs pay there entry fees to the Aul to be entered into the competitions tht there entitled to but this is the aul were talking about
    If a team is midtable but didn't get knocked out early from AOH or their own division cup they don't get entered in this Loser cup. Of all the cups its the one that should be scrapped to save on games .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Corinthians cup has been around for years any decision to scrap it should only be made at an agm not reactionary to the same weather issue that appears every season. It's a huge incentive for smaller club's. Without these clubs our league might as well be scrapped considering the drop in team numbers in recent years.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas3Formation View Post
    Corinthians cup has been around for years any decision to scrap it should only be made at an agm not reactionary to the same weather issue that appears every season. It's a huge incentive for smaller club's. Without these clubs our league might as well be scrapped considering the drop in team numbers in recent years.
    Each club in the first division gets entered in the AOH, City challenge or County Cup and their own division cup. They can also choose whether or not to enter the FAI or MJC. I am sure if the Corinthians cup got scrapped for this season it wouldn't kill them.

It will probably be played anyway .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Calling it a Losers cup is a bit short sighted I think. Within the AUL after the AOH cup it has the largest amount of teams in it so makes it's much harder to win than even some of the divisional cup .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    Calling it a Losers cup is a bit short sighted I think. Within the AUL after the AOH cup it has the largest amount of teams in it so makes it's much harder to win than even some of the divisional cup .
    It is the only cup in the AUL that you qualify for by LOSING . It is a loser cup you can think what you want

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    It is the only cup in the AUL that you qualify for by LOSING . It is a loser cup you can think what you want
    a cup is a cup ..win win win it matters if your in it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    a cup is a cup ..win win win it matters if your in it
    Except you have to lose lose lose to get in it . Its a loser cup for loser teams

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Great competition around for years its sure to go ahead I'd say as the massive backlog is more for premier teams playing in munster junior cup and fai Cup so won't matter to them as they won't be in it I don't know about anyone else but I'd love to win it as bulldog said a cup is a cup nó matter wht ya want to call it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Except you have to lose lose lose to get in it . Its a loser cup for loser teams
    fact you lose to get in ..fact your a winner if you take it out bud so its a win win situation and then maybe you can build on that sucsess the following season .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    fact you lose to get in ..fact your a winner if you take it out bud so its a win win situation and then maybe you can build on that sucsess the following season .
    Think what you want . There is no pride in winning that competition if you ask me .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Jake the snake you have a problem with everything you should really seek anger management Losers Cup if you don`t like the cup then don`t be involved in it. fact is it`s a cup traditionally played in the Cork AUL season get over it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Alternatively put forward a motion at the next AGM for it to be scrapped. If you are involved enough to be there that is. if not pass on your grievances regarding this to your club representative and he can raise this issue

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Think what you want . There is no pride in winning that competition if you ask me .
    Tell this I take pride in winning a chalange match but then that’s just me.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Jake the snake you have a problem with everything you should really seek anger management Losers Cup if you don`t like the cup then don`t be involved in it. fact is it`s a cup traditionally played in the Cork AUL season get over it.
    if you don't like my opinion click ignore! I am not involved in the Corinthians cup . I don't play lower league AUL so I never play in the Loser Cup . If you don't like my opinion you should as you put it yourself ..... get over it. I am entitled to my opinion and you are to yours

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    so you have no interest at all in the cup bar belittling it??
    I take it you play premier league AUL so??? i do believe there is a seperate forum for that which should involve very little mention of the corinthians cup.
    The worst standard of premier league standard in recent history?
    So bad they haven`t even bothered with a representative side?
    keep up the good work

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    so you have no interest at all in the cup bar belittling it??
    I take it you play premier league AUL so??? i do believe there is a seperate forum for that which should involve very little mention of the corinthians cup.
    The worst standard of premier league standard in recent history?
    So bad they haven`t even bothered with a representative side?
    keep up the good work
    You do know that it is a lack of interest from players and the fact the AUL are too tight to pay for anything that has caused there to be no Oscar Traynor team?? Also players of the high quality that end up playing in the Corinthians Loser Cup are also eligible to play for the Oscar traynor side

Feel free to assume that I play AUL or MSL or whatever you want . Feel free to do a better job at guessing than iceman did

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast