Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2017/18

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Limerick Premier Division 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    Very sensitive fairkop !!!! Where did I say they will win the fai? yes they are worth a bet getting to the lather stages of the fai in recent years and if they sign some of the players that have been training with them in preseason they have a chance, and of course they have a huge budget the have a bar and it's turn over seems to be healthy and FairPlay to them lots of loyal club men still there.

you can see in pre season the amount of good quality standard players dropping out of the premier league, going back playing with 1 A sides, 'B' teams, improving club teams ( shelbourne, Coonagh to name two )etc... ive been saying it for years that there's a becoming lack of interest playing top flight football in town, what's the point trying to compete and get battered every second Sunday is the common attitude, and also, that the commitment is too large for an unfair and unbalanced league. rightly or wrongly it must be said, but talk about budgets and money week in week out ( truth or untruth )serves the league absolutely no benefit, and the monopoly of top clubs competing is not doing the overall standard any benefit either as shown in the fai the last 5/6 years. what chance have Holycross this season? and the rumours are that Moyross are struggling big time, that's the bottom two sorted..Boro/Pike or maybe one of Neenagh or Fairview to push for the league... same story different number on the calendar.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I heard Pa Boyle gone to boro,shrewd move by aidan ryan that one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Big signing if true. Best centre midfield player in town when he's right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly man View Post
    I heard Pa Boyle gone to boro,shrewd move by aidan ryan that one
    Wil he take his brothers place?Or has he moved on again.?Could be a straight swap.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    John will probably play full back i'd guess,boro the team to beat again,have they played any friendlies recently does anyone no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Danny O'Neill will be fullback, international player sure. They can only start 11, tough to keep those lads happy. Lot of fellas will be ok with sitting on the bench and collecting a medal too I suppose.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    what player would be happy sitting on a bench and picking up a medal at end of season. surly there cannot be players like dat around.can not understand that and if that is the case what does that say about the player and maybe any squad would be better off wit out them players..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Sure it doesn't matter who boro sign .......they will play the same old heads in latter stages of fai and get knocked out ......different year same old story

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    league kicking off in less than 2 weeks and still no sign of fixtures???....think it might have something to do with 1 or 2 premier teams struggling to sign players......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superblues37 View Post
    league kicking off in less than 2 weeks and still no sign of fixtures???....think it might have something to do with 1 or 2 premier teams struggling to sign players......
    Heard moyross are struggling a bit alright,who else?fairview putting a nice side together by the sounds of it,should go very close next year by all accounts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Fairview sound weaker than last year, Balla the same. Charleville might surprise a few. Heard the same, Moyross and Kilmallock struggling.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    If pike win 1st 2 games against nenangh boro it's all over !!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passandmove View Post
    If pike win 1st 2 games against nenangh boro it's all over !!!!!
    Couldn't disagree more with that statement

Boro for me to win the league again with Holycross and Moyross for the drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Very little change from last season I reckon. Boro to win it, Pike to push them close. Any two from 4 or 5 to go down. One thing I'd be interested to see is how Nenagh, Charleville, Holycross, Kilmallock do with mostly local lads in their squads. They can't attract players the way Janesboro, Pike, Carew and Fairview can and just have to go with locals. Nenagh (80-90% at least) have proven that it can be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Something that has gone under the radar slightly is the introduction of the use of 5 substitutes. I think it will have a bigger impact than people think. Firstly it will suit the clubs with big squads, which is usually the top 3/4 teams, it will allow those clubs more breathing space in keeping players happy by obviously giving them more game time. But the major benefit will be the ability of these clubs to make changes early in the game, i.e a triple substitution at half-time, allowing them to change tactics and systems midstream but still having the comfort of further changes incase of injury or fatigue.

On the league, it's really hard to predict with any great certainty the exactly finishing positions of any of the teams without knowing the ins and outs of each. For my money there'll be 3 mini leagues within the league. Top tier containing Janesboro, Pike Rvs, Nenagh FC and Fairview Rgns. Middle tier of Ballynanty Rvs, Carew Park, Aisling Annacotty and Regional Utd. Bottom tier of Holycross, Moyross Utd, Kilmallock Utd and Charleville. Great to have it back.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya I'd agree with above. Nenagh could push Boro again but as it stands it doesn't seem to me like Pike or anyone else have strengthened enough to challenge them.

Charleville and Holycross could do pretty well. If Killmallock and Moyross are struggling like has been said then they would have to be current favourites for the drop.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Boro win no league imo back 4 is rubbish , got away with it last year as league was poor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Still won it tho. Also Boro seem to have strengthened more than the other teams. Don't see them being overtaken.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passandmove View Post
    Boro win no league imo back 4 is rubbish , got away with it last year as league was poor
    And has the league greatly improved this season?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Nenagh won't be as naive I think they dropped silly points last year won't happen again, pike in imo are better than boro when dey are at it , Carew should improve again under Albert , fairview will be better again 3rd year under Paul , so ya I think it will be a better league but don't I see any fai heading to the league this season

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast