Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Nah our last cup final was in oriel last week 😀

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Well next weeks game against Derry is most definitely a cup final, as it could determine Euro places for next season.
    Poor defensive performance from Rovers, coupled with some dog$hit shooting up front conspired to give the opposition their little day out in the sun And sure who can begrudge them that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    😀⚽ give them nothing

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Would you say it's a Cup Final?
    Eir have a clip of some bohs fan saying yesterday was the best day ever so that would sort of back up what Bradley said no?

Also on the game personally thought a draw would have been fair based on play but bohs took their chances we didn't simple as so they won, that's football. There is though nobody I hate to see score, against anyone not just rovers, more than akinade and it's even more disgusting seeing some of the bohs fans online joking about him raping defences etc. Take this with a pinch of salt for obvious reasons but I thought the ref was poor yesterday, bottled some decisions and made some mind boggling ones. Also Sam bone should not have been let back on the pitch, I could see he was concussed as he left the pitch from the stand that's something football needs to look at.
    Overall bohs just seemed to want it more and deserved the win yesterday as much as it pains me to admit it.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Eir have a clip of some bohs fan saying yesterday was the best day ever so that would sort of back up what Bradley said no?

Also on the game personally thought a draw would have been fair based on play but bohs took their chances we didn't simple as so they won, that's football. There is though nobody I hate to see score, against anyone not just rovers, more than akinade and it's even more disgusting seeing some of the bohs fans online joking about him raping defences etc. Take this with a pinch of salt for obvious reasons but I thought the ref was poor yesterday, bottled some decisions and made some mind boggling ones. Also Sam bone should not have been let back on the pitch, I could see he was concussed as he left the pitch from the stand that's something football needs to look at.
    Overall bohs just seemed to want it more and deserved the win yesterday as much as it pains me to admit it.
    what was the craic with Bradley having a go at Bone after Bohs had scored to make it two one? is that a tad wee harse considering what happened to him in the runup to Bohs goal?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I think he was telling him he shouldn't have just left the ball handy for the throw in. The bohs guy just picked it up and threw it over bones head to the forward. It was an amateur mistake......I could be wrong but it happened right in front of me and as soon as he started to leave the ball I saw we were in trouble the bohs guy used the head and went for a quick one

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    He was going on about it in his interview after the game

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Also on the game personally thought a draw would have been fair based on play b

Are you Stuey Byrne?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Are you Stuey Byrne?
    There is a difference between performance and intensity. The performances were pretty much even but bohs brought more intensity to the game which is what edged it for them.

Also is being called Stuey Byrne supposed to be an insult? He does know a fair bit more about the game than most and was a decent baller in his day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Also is being called Stuey Byrne supposed to be an insult? .
    No insult intended.

Study can contradict himself in the same sentence. At least you took a whole paragraph to do that

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    No insult intended.

Study can contradict himself in the same sentence. At least you took a whole paragraph to do that
    But as I said it isn't a contradiction to say a draw would have been fair but bohs deserved the win

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    But as I said it isn't a contradiction to say a draw would have been fair but bohs deserved the win
    Ok ,it isn't a contradiction because you say so.Have you ever thought of a vocation with the Jesuits?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Have you been hanging out with My Post?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    About 2 second between keeper going down and ball going in, can't blame him for that
    How long do you need to see somebody's been kicked in the head?

Anyway, Bohs good value for their win. Thought we did enough to equalise late on but all in all we weren't good enough to get anything from the game. Boyd/O'Connor lashing wide in injury time was a chance that should have been put away. Smashing goal from Akinade too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Looks like there's a very good chance we will win the league in Ballybofey now. Might head up to Donegal for the weekend and take in Derry -dundalk in case we win it there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Pretty poor game in Uited Park on Friday night but Pats got the job done thanks to an unreal save from O'Malley in the last minute. Drogs look to be gone, our next 2 games are away to Sligo and Home to Harps, we really need a minimum of 4 points out of the two games.

I'm now convinced Rovers are losing games on purpose to get us relegated, first Sligo and ow Bohs.

On another note, Cork are going to win the league and Caulfield will get manager of the season which is absolutely fair but special mention to Ollie Horgan, Harps could finish as high as 5th if they keep going they way they are, brilliant season
    Here on a technicality.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    How long do you need to see somebody's been kicked in the head?

Anyway, Bohs good value for their win. Thought we did enough to equalise late on but all in all we weren't good enough to get anything from the game. Boyd/O'Connor lashing wide in injury time was a chance that should have been put away. Smashing goal from Akinade too.
    The back heeled nutmeg from Dinny C played into the path of Akinade, is worth looking at again and again.Three potential goals of the season in the last two Bohs v Rovers games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    The back heeled nutmeg from Dinny C played into the path of Akinade, is worth looking at again and again.Three potential goals of the season in the last two Bohs v Rovers games.
    Was a tasty bit of skill alright. The 2 of them linked up well all night. Long may it continue.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Very tricky one for us tonight I reckon. Bohs have been good away from home and will be on a high after Friday. With Akinade back I can see them finishing strongly. I don't think we will go unbeaten between now and the end of the year, but it would be great to get the title wrapped up sooner rather than later.. it won't be real until it's mathematically done for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Handy win for Derry last night in Buncrana. Scored after 32 seconds, with a second nine minutes in. It was basically game over that point. Limerick heads dropped, we were content to take our time, passing it about a lot.
    Sets us up nicely for our Cup Final in Tallaght on Friday now.

On Limerick, if I was a fan, I'd be worried. They were really poor, created little, Doherty had one save of note to make. They looked very flat. Maybe you could put that down to being two down after nine minutes, but still. They're five points off relegation, would need to be careful.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast