Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2017/18

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Would a North Munster league be sustainable, comprising the best of Limerick Premier, Clare, Desmond and Tipp north leagues ?, 3-4 from each league giving a 12/16 league, promotion relegation play offs amongst above junior league Champions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Now there's an interesting proposition. Munster Senior League is more of less a south Munster thing anyway, why not have a league for those teams mentioned above. Surely viable for a season at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Newcastle West AFC beat Glin Rovers 4-2 in a challenge during the week, both Gary O'Connor & Snow from Killeaney playing with them, Darragh McCarthy also played!}
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post
    Newcastle West AFC beat Glin Rovers 4-2 in a challenge during the week, both Gary O'Connor & Snow from Killeaney playing with them, Darragh McCarthy also played!}
    Any challenge games on in the last few days or on over the weekend lads

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ballysteen beat an under strength Broadford 6-2. Newcastle rovers lost 7-0'to charleville I beleive. Again they were down players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ballysteen on course for back to back promotions i'd say... seem to be doing all the right things down there and judging by The Weekly Observer a deadly buy into it too. Can't see anyone in Division 1 stpping them at least finishing 2nd - see NCW AFC & Ballsteen top 2!
    Not a great result for Rovers even down a few players... and with players possibly leaving doesn't look good.
    Premier will be between Abbey, Broadford & Rathkeale - depending on who they can keep/ bring in
    Abbey losing any of the Smiths would be a huge loss for them
    Broadford losing Ray Lynch & possibly other players to the City...
    Rathkeale losing Keith Hartnett & possibly others to the city also!

Any other transfers lads?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Ya heard the same about rovers losing 8-0 to charleville. Regional playing abbeyfeale in abbey tonight. Dunno what time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Don't think too many of those supposed rumours will happen. Hartnett, Smith(s), half of Broadford least likely of all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Don't think too many of those supposed rumours will happen. Hartnett, Smith(s), half of Broadford least likely of all.
    I don't know; with Ray Lynch gone in to Regional reckon he could convince a few of the Broadford lads (and possibly a few others in the Desmond League) to at least give it a go for a season in the District League.
    Chris Smith should definitely play in town for at least a season or 2 (like Tommy Culhane a season or 2 ago).

That Regional Abbey game might be a good one; be interesting to see who'll be togging with Regional.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't know; with Ray Lynch gone in to Regional reckon he could convince a few of the Broadford lads (and possibly a few others in the Desmond League) to at least give it a go for a season in the District League.
    Chris Smith should definitely play in town for at least a season or 2 (like Tommy Culhane a season or 2 ago).

That Regional Abbey game might be a good one; be interesting to see who'll be togging with Regional.
    Would Broadford, Rathkeale and Abbeyfeale all not be considered bigger clubs than Regional. I could almost guarantee that no one Lynch apart from those 3 clubs would take a step back to go to Regional, if anything it would be players from Regional to come out to those 3 for a chance to win something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Agree with that. Where it would have been seen as a big step up to move into the District up until fairly recently, the players aren't moving in as large numbers as they used to. Desmond quality has improved at the top level anyway, District has gone backwards. Money could motivate some fellas but the majority are staying put. Very refreshing to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Gazza29 & Treaty Gooner - maybe Lynch is trying to put together a good squad?

Also some fellas might just want a change/ chance to see if they can compete/ have the personal ability to play against the bigger teams (Pike, Fairview, Janesboro, Nenagh etc.).

Did that Abbey v Regional game go ahead last night? If so, any report?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Gazza29 & Treaty Gooner - maybe Lynch is trying to put together a good squad?

Also some fellas might just want a change/ chance to see if they can compete/ have the personal ability to play against the bigger teams (Pike, Fairview, Janesboro, Nenagh etc.).

Did that Abbey v Regional game go ahead last night? If so, any report?
    Obviously every manager is trying to put together a good squad. Nobody is disputing that. Our query is why would a player drop down a level to play with Regional if they were with either Abbey, Rathkeale or Broadford. Abbey Munster champions cup and Des League cup champions, Broadford Des Cup Champions and Munster Junior semi finalist and Rathkeale Premier League Champions. I'm not being smart but I don't think Regional have ever won a major honour, or is finishing 6th in Limerick an achievement

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Nice to see things up and running again. Couple of good talking points.

Its good to see that we don't lose fellas to the city as much as before. My own lad went in there underage as it was seen as better standard, not the case anymore as we even overtook them in the rankings for kennedy cup. However I dont think you can call it a step down to play with Regional, not quite a step forward either though. I think the attraction lies with the opposition more than anything, Its competitive games every week and playing better opposition consistently. Just because Regional have never won the league doesnt mean they cant and fellas who know Ray Lynch will know hes good and might make a go of it and might buy into it a little more. Fellas might look for changer rather than progression and see if they can compete against the likes of Pike. Some lads might just want to get away from playing with their local club for a year or 2 aswell

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Ballysteen on course for back to back promotions i'd say... seem to be doing all the right things down there and judging by The Weekly Observer a deadly buy into it too. Can't see anyone in Division 1 stpping them at least finishing 2nd - see NCW AFC & Ballsteen top 2!
    Not a great result for Rovers even down a few players... and with players possibly leaving doesn't look good.
    Premier will be between Abbey, Broadford & Rathkeale - depending on who they can keep/ bring in
    Abbey losing any of the Smiths would be a huge loss for them
    Broadford losing Ray Lynch & possibly other players to the City...
    Rathkeale losing Keith Hartnett & possibly others to the city also!

Any other transfers lads?
    I would be fairly confident Broadford had nowhere near a full squad for this game so I wouldnt read too much into it. I do think Ballysteen will be top half this year but might just be a little short for promotion. A few good young lads there but need a signing or 2 to push them over the line. NCW should surely be favourites, Killeaney are always strong in this division, I think Kildimo will be stronger than last year, Abbeyfeale B are always competitive aswell. It definitely looks like it will be a stronger division than last year. You would expect Feenagh to go down, along with Adare maybe and im gonna go with NCW and Killeaney to go straight back up

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    anyone available for a friendly tonight vs breska in breska at 7 (can be pushed to half 7) other team pulled out, ref is sorted?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Regional best Abbeyfeale 5-3 last night in Abbeyfeale. Chris Smith was playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbrown View Post
    Nice to see things up and running again. Couple of good talking points.

Its good to see that we don't lose fellas to the city as much as before. My own lad went in there underage as it was seen as better standard, not the case anymore as we even overtook them in the rankings for kennedy cup. However I dont think you can call it a step down to play with Regional, not quite a step forward either though. I think the attraction lies with the opposition more than anything, Its competitive games every week and playing better opposition consistently. Just because Regional have never won the league doesnt mean they cant and fellas who know Ray Lynch will know hes good and might make a go of it and might buy into it a little more. Fellas might look for changer rather than progression and see if they can compete against the likes of Pike. Some lads might just want to get away from playing with their local club for a year or 2 aswell
    Thanks nathanbrown that was the point I failed so miserably to get across - also it isn't just Regional Desmond League players could go into other teams such as Fairview also
    Personally lads might just want a change or having won competitions here see if they are as good/ can compete else where.

Think Killeaney might be struggling to get a team (weren't they trying to amalgamate with Bally Rovers or Carrig Celtic? & a few of there players have been playing challenges with other Desmond League teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Regional best Abbeyfeale 5-3 last night in Abbeyfeale. Chris Smith was playing.
    Sounds entertaining!
    Any other notable players togged out for either side?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Was there Any friendlies on lads or any coming up to go watch?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast