Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2017/18

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hard to keep a B team going against first teams even if some aren't great .

People on about AK and Athea Giving walkovers but to see a once top club Askeaton getting relegated to the fourth division of the desmond league and cant put out a team is hard to believe.
    Last edited by Abbeyman; 28/05/2018 at 9:49 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbeyman View Post
    Hard to keep a B team going against first teams even if some aren't great .

People on about AK and Athea Giving walkovers but to see a once top club Askeaton getting relegated to the fourth division of the desmond league and cant put out a team is hard to believe.
    what makes the Askeaton walkover worse is that they were scheduled to play Itas at HOME. not away but HOME, something must be seriously wrong with that club, what makes them lucky though is it looks like there wont be a 3rd division next year due to the lack of B teams.

And AK havent given a walkover this year Abbeyman it was Abbeyfeale B, Ak have played 2 of their last 3 games with 7 & 9 players, id say they didnt want to get promoted to the prem division, although i do know one of their players had left for a J1

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    All square with 2 to go, who is da money on now... Abbey threw it away yest but were missing 2 or 3 by all accounts.. Will season ever be over!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Is the Desmond Cup Final this Saturday or?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robotwarsfan View Post
    what makes the Askeaton walkover worse is that they were scheduled to play Itas at HOME. not away but HOME, something must be seriously wrong with that club, what makes them lucky though is it looks like there wont be a 3rd division next year due to the lack of B teams.
    What other B teams or other teams down in Div 2 or 3 are going to be gone next season? Newcastle West Bs, Bally Rovers with Killeaney, who else?
    Last edited by Back_Of_The_Net; 29/05/2018 at 7:31 AM. Reason: typo

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Desmond Cup Final is on sunday at 3pm

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sunday 3pm? That's a ridiculous time for it. Last few years it's been played the Saturday night which is way better for all concerned in my opinion! Why the change? If was playing would def prefer the sat night under lights than middle of the day. Hope Rathkeale do the business.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robotwarsfan View Post

And AK havent given a walkover this year Abbeyman it was Abbeyfeale B, Ak have played 2 of their last 3 games with 7 & 9 players, id say they didnt want to get promoted to the prem division, although i do know one of their players had left for a J1
    Two lads gone on the J1 and they'd played the majority of games this season - injuries hit hard as well, at least 2 regular starters missed last 4 games, thought we'd be ok Sunday but a couple late cry off's - there was a lot of disappointment once the Kildimo result came through - right tight at the bottom, to go down over a walkover would **** me off no end, a point this weekend would have done them

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langerdan007 View Post
    Two lads gone on the J1 and they'd played the majority of games this season - injuries hit hard as well, at least 2 regular starters missed last 4 games, thought we'd be ok Sunday but a couple late cry off's - there was a lot of disappointment once the Kildimo result came through - right tight at the bottom, to go down over a walkover would **** me off no end, a point this weekend would have done them
    I think we might be looking into this AK situation a bit too much. It’s near the end of the season (a very long one at that), you’ll always have teams struggling for players at this time due to holidays, GAA and just lack of interest when youv nothing to play for.

This is not the first season it’s happened nor will it be the last. AK don’t have a B team either to pull from which makes things harder again.

The first of what might be 3 showdowns in Clonreask for Abbey and Rathkeale this weekend. I think it’ll be really close and may have to be decided by pens!! In fairness some going by both teams.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Two things i think is a bit wrong as regards the desmond cup final on sunday at 3pm.
    1. will Abbey A be taking players from their B team if they are missing a few as it's a BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND, thus limiting the B teams chance of survival in must win game v Breska. (same could be said for rathkeale and their B team chasing the league)
    2. Why have it on a bank holiday sunday, that would severly limit the audience especially at 3pm. i understand the irish match is the night before but is there really going to be any from either team attending it? couldve played it the saturday night

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As game was originally fixed for Saturday and its now on Sunday obviously both teams agreed to the change. Surely that's all that matters, B players are cup tied uf they played in earlier rounds.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well it's not completely true to say all that matters are the two teams. The promotion of the game, the league and the Desmond cup is also very important. If the date for the final is set months in advance, then clubs know this and there should be no deviation. I know if i involved whether it be as a player or as a spectator, I would prefer a cup final to be played on a fri/sat evening than in the middle of the day Sunday of bank holiday. It's more appealing!!! Anyway it is what it is!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Saturday evening would be a lot better I agree, better atmosphere and attendance however if I was managing either team all I’d be concerned about is getting out my strongest team . I notice a lot of clubs struggling to get 11 players out lately the break in December / January is having a big impact now. Anyone remember Agm about 10 years ago where Glanmire proposed 8 team divisions is it something league should look at going forward.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by last man back View Post
    Saturday evening would be a lot better I agree, better atmosphere and attendance however if I was managing either team all I’d be concerned about is getting out my strongest team . I notice a lot of clubs struggling to get 11 players out lately the break in December / January is having a big impact now. Anyone remember Agm about 10 years ago where Glanmire proposed 8 team divisions is it something league should look at going forward.
    It would definitely give more scope for losing games to weather and also for getting the myriad of cups played

Division's would probably be tighter as well - with only 14 games be harder to just survive in mid table

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    One of the better ideas I've heard in a while , with a few merges and a few b teams disappearing could there be 4 divisions of 8 or maximum 9 to bring some control over the length of the season .
    Also are all these cups needed , it's like the late late show there's a cup for everyone in the audience 😂

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbeyman View Post
    One of the better ideas I've heard in a while , with a few merges and a few b teams disappearing could there be 4 divisions of 8 or maximum 9 to bring some control over the length of the season .
    Also are all these cups needed , it's like the late late show there's a cup for everyone in the audience 😂
    To the teams getting to the final of them the answer is yes

When the season started with the league cup teams used it as a bit of a pre season ease into the league and got it out of the way as well - you've the Desmond, Reidy, Hogan|Munster Junior|FAI (for some teams) then for the rest of the year

Losing teams could force a re jig this summer anyway

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Friday, June 1st

Division 3 League Cup Final
    Creeves Cel 3 Broadford Utd Reserves 1
    (Tom Shanahan (2), Darragh O'Connor) (Jack Pierce). Man of the match Tom Shanahan (Creeves Cel)

Division 2
    Pallaskenry 2 Askeaton 4
    Rathkeale B 8 Ferry Rangers 0
    St Itas 2 Shountrade 7
    Bally Rovers 2 Knockaderry 2
    Newcastle West Rovers B 8 Glin Rovers B 0

NB: Rathkeale B and Shountrade promoted
    Last edited by western gale 1; 02/06/2018 at 2:30 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Sunday, June 3rd

Desmond Cup Final
    Abbeyfeale Utd 1 Rathkeale 2

Division 1
    AK Utd 4 Glantine 3
    Kildimo Utd 1 Newcastle West 1
    Abbeyfeale Utd B 2 Breska Rovers 9
    Ballysteen 2 Feenagh 4

Division 2
    Bally Rovers 3 St Itas 3
    Newcastle West Rovers B 0 Pallaskenry 4
    Askeaton 0 Rathkeale B 6
    Shountrade 3 Ferry Rangers 2
    Glin Rovers B V Knockaderry, walkover to Knockaderry

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by western gale 1 View Post
    Sunday, June 3rd

Desmond Cup Final
    Abbeyfeale Utd 1 Rathkeale 2

Division 1
    AK Utd 4 Glantine 3
    Kildimo Utd 1 Newcastle West 1
    Abbeyfeale Utd B 2 Breska Rovers 9
    Ballysteen 2 Feenagh 4

Division 2
    Bally Rovers 3 St Itas 3
    Newcastle West Rovers B 0 Pallaskenry 4
    Askeaton 0 Rathkeale B 6
    Shountrade 3 Ferry Rangers 2
    Glin Rovers B V Knockaderry, walkover to Knockaderry
    As far as i know adare and Killeaney finished 1-1 as well (not even sure if played as neither team had anything to play for). so Abbeyfeale and glantine relegated to division 2 and askeaton relegated to division 3. big shocker there.
    well done to Rathkeale on winning desmond cup today, deserving winners imo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Think Glin B/Knockaderry should be down as 1-1.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast