Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2017/18

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Ballingarry defeated 1-0 by St Brendan's Park in Munster Youths Quarter Final.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Disappointing result for Broadford as they exit the Munster Junior Cup, beaten by penos after a 1-1 draw.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    SFAI Subway U16 Boys Inter League Munster Plate Final
    Kerry 0 Limerick Desmond 1. Killian Cahill getting the only goal of the final in the second half.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Poor result from Broadford, I'd tipped them to win away from home and thought they'd surely win at home.
    Still the League and Desmond Cups to contend for.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Has anyone got the fixtures for the weekend? The Desmond League are an absolute disaster. Thursday and still no fixtures up. I dont see how they cant give fixtures a week in advance. If we got fixtures for Sunday week this week, fellas could make plans

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbrown View Post
    Has anyone got the fixtures for the weekend? The Desmond League are an absolute disaster. Thursday and still no fixtures up. I dont see how they cant give fixtures a week in advance. If we got fixtures for Sunday week this week, fellas could make plans
    They are in the weekly observer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I think the League is well run but the issuing of fixtures is an issue. There are under 16 games down for this Sunday so that was probably the reason why they were so delayed this week. Lack of refs an issue maybe? Other leagues do seem to be better with regard to the issuing of fixtures. The TSDL for example have the fixtures for 10/11 February on their website since Monday and they do that all season, as do some other leagues.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    They are in the weekly observer
    I don't have access to the weekly observer where I'm living. Could anyone post the fixtures up here? I'm not around often for games but would like to get at least one in this weekend

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    I think the League is well run but the issuing of fixtures is an issue. There are under 16 games down for this Sunday so that was probably the reason why they were so delayed this week. Lack of refs an issue maybe? Other leagues do seem to be better with regard to the issuing of fixtures. The TSDL for example have the fixtures for 10/11 February on their website since Monday and they do that all season, as do some other leagues.
    I don't think it would be a big deal to do that in the Desmond League. It just means you set the fixtures for week 1, 2 weeks before the season starts and a week before the season starts you fix week 2. Then nothing changes throughout the season as you're only doing 1 week at a time still. You need to give 3 weeks notice to have a weekend off so that wouldn't be an issue in this case

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I totally agree with Nathan, it's a joke, the Cork League and District League and most leagues have fixtures up 2-3 weeks in advance. don't think it's fair on lads who play not knowing till a tuesday if they have a match or not, it's not fair on teams either, can't plan anything, guys can't plan weekends away for fear of a match being on. Fellows then getting grief from coaches if they don't show up or from family or friends cause they are like oh I'm not sure if I can make it. iT can't be that hard to put up fixtures 2 weeks in advance, refs for matches can then be sorted the week before

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Better still is fixing games on pitches that are known at the time to resemble lakes more than pitches and not calling the game off till the night before!!!

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    I don't have access to the weekly observer where I'm living. Could anyone post the fixtures up here? I'm not around often for games but would like to get at least one in this weekend

Even of you had access to it, it might not do you any good, last time I was around I picked out a DL game to go and see from the Observer and got to the ground (Broadford) and was the only person there. Can't remember who they were meant to be playing or where it was moved to but, the paper was wrong anyway.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Munster Youths Cup Quarter Final
    Douglas Hall 3-0 Broadford United

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think you can call the league a disgrace because the fixtures where late going up on the website. I think the blame is on the schoolboys league because there is so many underage teams now and not every club has two pitches. The fixture secretary for the juniors has to wait and get the fixtures for the schoolboys before he can decide what pitches would be available on the Sunday with the weather etc.. and now that there is a ladies league the same applies. I could be wrong but i don't remember fixtures not going up on the web site before they are in The Observer before, and for players not knowing if they have a game on Sunday or not - bull **** they know matches are on Sundays so what is wrong with waiting for The Observer on a Wednesday after all there wasn't always the internet

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Youths Rsults

Munster Youths Cup Quarter Final

Douglas Hall 3 Broadford Utd 0

Youths Division 1
    Newcastle West Town 3 Askeaton 1
    GB Rovers 1 Abbeyfeale Utd 3

Youths Division 2
    Pallaskenry 3 Granagh Utd 1
    Ballingarry 4 Mountcollins 1
    Ferry Rangers V Shountrade, walkover to Ferry Rangers

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Junior Results

Sunday, February 4th

Premier Division
    Abbeyfeale Utd 2 Carrig Celtic 1
    Broadford Utd 3 Granagh Utd 1
    Glin Rovers 0 Rathkeale 0
    Newcastle West Rovers 7 Athea Utd 1

Division 1
    Adare Utd V Ballysteen ???
    Killeaney 2 Glantine 1
    Kildimo Utd 3 AK Utd 3
    Newcastle West 6 Abbeyfeale Utd B 1

Division 2
    Ferry Rangers V Shountrade ????
    Knockaderry 2 Glin Rovers B 0
    Rathkeale B 4 Askeaton 2

Division 3
    Ballingarry B V Carrig Celtic B, walkover to Ballingarry B
    Glantine B 0 Creeves Celtic 5

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ballysteen won 3-0 and Shountrade won 2-1 - The Twitter account is pretty good for putting the results up on Sunday evening https://twitter.com/LgDesmond

In fairness the fixtures are usually up here: http://ldfl.leaguerepublic.com/l/league/6093030.html on a Monday - although I accept that things could change by the time the Observer comes out but in general its pretty accurate

Shoot I dont think the problem is lads knowing if they've a game on a Sunday, everyone knows they'll have a game fixed but if a pitch has no chance of being playable on a Thursday is there anything wrong with calling that early rather than having everyone hanging around all day for a half 2 KO and then the ref to call it off - lads have plenty other things to be at

I like the suggestion of publishing fixtures two weeks at a time - as you say the only extra work is in the initial two week set, after that its the same process
    Last edited by Langerdan007; 06/02/2018 at 8:59 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Some result for Newcastle Rovers besting Athea 7-1 And heard it was blown up early too.good result for Glin drawing at home to Rathkeale. Any of carrig shannonside Athea or granagh to go down so far. Looks like Killeaney and Newcastle West to go back up to the premier division. Killeaney winning 2-1 and Newcastle beating Abbey B 6-1.

Any standing out player so far in each division lads?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yes 2 weeks notice is a great idea. But can you imagine if fixtures were up 2 weeks in advance clubs would haunt him to get fixtures changed .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Fanatic - AFC flying - If the Newcastle clubs merge next year as speculated and AFC have finished in the top 2 what happens re: Promotion? 3rd go up?

he'd have to switch off his phone the first couple weeks!

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast