Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EPL Season 2017/8

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Moyes gone too. It really is a merry go round.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    So the EPL loses Swansea, WBA and Stoke and gains Cardiff, Wolves and Fulham. I'd equate Swansea/Cardiff, Wolves/WBA but Stoke are a bigger club than Fulham whose ground capacity is only 25K. All three promoted sides stay up. Another weakening of the also-rans in the EPL I think, cementing the hegemony of the Big 6. The objective now for everyone outside the Big 6 is to avoid relegation. At least some years ago they'd have a stab at a Cup. Now it's play the reserves and gear up for the league game against Bournemouth or Watford the following week.

The Championship is now really a mini-EPL in its own right with Villa, Leeds, Derby, Stoke, WBA, Wednesday, Ipswich, Norwich, QPR, Notts Forest, Blackburn and others not long ago in the higher echelons. The only clubs which I wouldn't regard as big clubs, albeit some with top flight experience, would be Millwall, Brentford, Bristol City (though I remember them in the top flight), Preston, Hull, Reading and Rotherham.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Interesting that Villa now needs to engage in a "fire sale" to raise at least £50 million. It's nearly always the same. If a team which is relegated from "the richest league in the world" isn't promoted back to that division within two years (i.e. when the parachute payments are available), the financial alarm bells kick in. Very few clubs come down rolling in dosh and yet the league is supposed to be the nirvana of football clubs.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Man U beat the mighty Cardiff, Huddersfield and Bournemouth and all is well in the Old Trafford world. Does the media never learn?

Liverpool are now favourites for the title. Perhaps after Thursday they might be but I won't be putting any money on them until after that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Huddersfield manager leaves by mutual consent. Mein Gott, what do you have to do to keep your job in the EPL. Gets them promoted, keeps them up a season and now that they're struggling, it's auf wiedersehen. I suppose the owners of these clubs look at the likes of Bournemouth and Watford and think that should be us as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234