Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Match Fixing Thread - 18.05.22 10 Arrested in LOI Match Fixing Probe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The 2017 clip against cork, that game definitely wasn't fixed cork were going for the league. Shane Tracy scored a free kick a couple of minutes after that maybe fifteen minutes into the game. cork battered us for the rest of the game but only pulled one back.

That clip is an example of said player being lazy and **** rather than corrupt.

Were Limerick FC games fixed towards the end? Probably, there was no one getting paid!
    Last edited by Real ale Madrid; 18/05/2022 at 12:19 PM. Reason: No names please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    If the below games didn’t involve match fixing I would be absolutely shocked:

https://youtu.be/mdR5w-8FfJs

https://twitter.com/seidodge/status/...0DvJUnNpMnqSJg
    Looks like an over under bet on the bookings and red cards + total goals.
    If its from a few years ago these players are all over the league at this stage i guess given Limerick are gone (except underage).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Love this from old PFAI statement: 'the errors in the match were typical of that standard of football'.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Limerick FC finsished bottom of the First Division. If the match fixing is contained to that season and that team, then I doubt those players played much of a part in other teams in this League.

There are tonnes of clips of that 'Famous' named Limerick player.... He really must have been either involved or one of the worst ever LOI players.
    They were/are good players in a bad team could be more around the league. Looking at the clips above id say it was very much a minority of players and youd imagine the guys involved didnt see a future in front of them in the league.
    Last edited by Real ale Madrid; 18/05/2022 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Names removed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Fixed or not, some of the goals in these games above were quite good so not that obvious for fixed results. Getting carded is different story though I dont know how its always a banker though I know little on how gambling works like accumulators but assuming that a bet is made on cards being shown at particular times or in numbers, its only really the ref that cane make that work. Players not in on a scam could be legitimately carded and throw off the bet surely? And its LoI which can be soooo random especially with refereeing its mad that fixing can still work.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 18/05/2022 at 11:44 AM.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Title edited - to be on the safe side no names lads please no matter how obvious you think it is. (And probably is)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Definitely against Shels one Limerick player in particular stood out that they were throwing it. I heard he had no regrets over his performances and he feel the rumours about him were somethin' stupid

That Sligo game was also a blatant joke. Even one of the Limerick players went for a steward in a unfortunate sending off and escaped conviction it after a court case
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Definitely against Shels one Limerick player in particular stood out that they were throwing it. I heard he had no regrets over his performances and he feel the rumours about him were somethin' stupid

That Sligo game was also a blatant joke. Even one of the Limerick players went for a steward in a unfortunate sending off and escaped conviction it after a court case
    Maybe there were issues with wages or insurance and was unapologetic for not busting himself for people where werent busting themselves. I dont know of course but i dont think thats a big red flag for match fixing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-41662795.html

5 retired players and 2 players still playing in the LOI among the men arrested.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I think the club should be charged as then there only has to be evidence of strange betting patterns and unusual results on the field to support the unusual betting patterns.
    You'd have to have good compelling evidence to prove an individual player was at fault.
    In fairness, if irregular betting patterns were all that was needed to land a football club in major trouble, then that would open the door to all kind of problems in future. Betting syndicates could cause absolute bedlam in various leagues for sh!ts and giggles - and still have the option of making money at the same time via the betting too. That would effectively be handing over a lot of power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I often bet against Rovers when i really want them to win (and betting on them has gone against me in the past) so my betting would look suspicious , then again i have been known to sit outside the ground and only go in at full time in matches that are important to us to win but where my presence in the ground has been unlucky for the team in the past.
    Id better keep my head down for a knock on the door from the guards or the looney bin whichever comes first

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KBurke View Post
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-41662795.html

5 retired players and 2 players still playing in the LOI among the men arrested.
    One in the Premier and one in the First if the swirling rumour is to be believed.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Geez what were the odds
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    One in the Premier and one in the First if the swirling rumour is to be believed.
    Haven’t heard the rumours on who the current players are but from looking at the below squad list of the 2019 Limerick squad, of the players still playing LOI football, there’s currently 2 at Sligo, 1 at Shels, 3 at Treaty and 1 at Galway

https://ie.soccerway.com/teams/irela...37/8200/squad/
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Anyone know if the 5 retired are just retired from LOI and still playing non-league?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Well known in Limerick what was....allegedly..... going on and who was doing it ,and while they will focus on a couple of games there were lots more.Name and shame hopefully ,no excuse for it.Funny thing is surely those in charge in the club at all levels should have flagged this if we could see it from the stands.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Any other games apart from these below under investigation or rumoured? So I can try to flick through youtube to see hilariously obvious statuesque defending, crazy penalties, crazy backpasses and crazy dangerous tackles

Limerick 1 Wexford 1 - 12th April 2019
    Shelbourne 2 Limerick 0 - 19th April 2019
    Sligo 6 Limerick 2 - 24th August 2019
    Shelbourne 7 Limerick 0 - 21st September 2019

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Galway beat us 3-1 in Terryland back then, and their second featured a baffling attempt at a tackle that let the striker in on goal.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Would that be 2017? Yeah its on youtube 2nd goal for Galway with one of the usual suspects

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Would that be 2017? Yeah its on youtube 2nd goal for Galway with one of the usual suspects
    Yeah 2017. I was at it, and watching live, I was immediately thinking 'How the f**k could he make an error like that?"

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast