Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wales v. Republic of Ireland - Monday, 9th October 2017 - World Cup 2018 Qualifier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'Ireland fans already being turfed out of seats for next month’s World Cup qualifier in Wales – after ignoring ticket warnings': https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...cket-warnings/

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi Cotter and Nicola Bardon
    Earlier this month we exclusively revealed that the Welsh FA warned any Irish supporter found to be snapping up tickets in the home end will be booted out of the stadium by security.

And desperate fans trying to purchase tickets for the home end have had their accounts blocked after the Welsh FA noticed they were Irish.
    I recall the Scottish FA warned of booting Ireland fans out of the home section of Celtic Park when we played Scotland in 2014 but the words turned out to be empty threats. It wouldn't have been remotely practical to boot thousands of Irish fans out of the home section. There wasn't even any need to conceal our colours; it was fine.

I would imagine the situation will be the same on the 9th and that the Welsh FA are just scaremongering in order to discourage Irish fans from purchasing tickets in the home areas of the ground.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Bale has been ruled out with injury.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    That's might just be the bit of luck we need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Still think we'll find a way to draw. We never/rarely seem to take the opportunities that are given to us.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Bale has been ruled out with injury.
    A Bale Out with the full support of every man, woman and child in Ireland. Fianna Fail never delivered that.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    This might be a silly one, but with the way FIFA are playing this one, if Georgia and wales draw and if we were to only draw with Moldova and then beat Wales would we be in the same position, as if we beat Moldova?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    This might be a silly one, but with the way FIFA are playing this one, if Georgia and wales draw and if we were to only draw with Moldova and then beat Wales would we be in the same position, as if we beat Moldova?
    That sounds right to me, assuming Moldova don't leapfrog Georgia in the final games.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    That sounds right to me, assuming Moldova don't leapfrog Georgia in the final games.
    That would be a safe assumption to make, even in these unpredictable times of turmoil.
    Moldova would have to overcome a 3 point deficit and a 12 goal difference in the last round of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Suspension Watch:

Players one yellow card away from being suspended for the game in Cardiff.

Wales

Chester
    Davies
    King
    Ledley
    Ramsey
    Richards (injured)
    Robson-Kanu
    Williams

Ireland

Christie
    Coleman (injured)
    Duffy
    McGeady
    Meyler
    Walters (injured)
    Ward
    Whelan

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Looking back over the squad and I'm still in shock O'Neill has no obvious alternative to Christie in there. I thought he was absolutely atrocious against Serbia.

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    'Ireland fans already being turfed out of seats for next month’s World Cup qualifier in Wales – after ignoring ticket warnings': https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...cket-warnings/

I recall the Scottish FA warned of booting Ireland fans out of the home section of Celtic Park when we played Scotland in 2014 but the words turned out to be empty threats. It wouldn't have been remotely practical to boot thousands of Irish fans out of the home section. There wasn't even any need to conceal our colours; it was fine.

I would imagine the situation will be the same on the 9th and that the Welsh FA are just scaremongering in order to discourage Irish fans from purchasing tickets in the home areas of the ground.

Couple of people I know have outright had orders/ tickets bought in the home end via Wales memberships to Irish addresses cancelled and refunded last week and now even people with Wales memberships and no previous purchase history with UK addresses have been told each person a ticket is for and the person who bought them need to collect at the stadium and show passport/ photo ID so anyone with an Irish passport/ accent is absolutely goosed. I've seen the emails so it's legit and not just scaremongering. They didn't post tickets out beforehand as normally would be the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Looking back over the squad and I'm still in shock O'Neill has no obvious alternative to Christie in there. I thought he was absolutely atrocious against Serbia.
    He should have Doherty in the squad but he’ll throw Meyler in there if Christie gets injured

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    He should have Doherty in the squad but he’ll throw Meyler in there if Christie gets injured
    He will indeed. I'm more worried about the fact that Christie has no challenge for his spot until Seamie returns. His ignorance towards Doherty is baffling.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Couple of people I know have outright had orders/ tickets bought in the home end via Wales memberships to Irish addresses cancelled and refunded last week and now even people with Wales memberships and no previous purchase history with UK addresses have been told each person a ticket is for and the person who bought them need to collect at the stadium and show passport/ photo ID so anyone with an Irish passport/ accent is absolutely goosed. I've seen the emails so it's legit and not just scaremongering. They didn't post tickets out beforehand as normally would be the case.
    Aye, I'm aware of that. The article from which I quoted actually went into a bit of detail on it. This was an example of an email received by an Irish supporter trying to buy tickets in the home end:

I was thinking that those who did manage to get tickets for the home end and showed up on the day would be OK (as the FAW won't have an opportunity to re-sell confiscated tickets so close to kick-off), but maybe not.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,677 Posts
    I actually like Christie but the continuous Doherty omissions make me hugely mistrust O'Neill's judgment.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'Welsh View: Ireland Will Lose to Dragons’ X-Factor': http://pogmogoal.com/republic-of-ire...-factor/25078/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Difficult to fathom what Doherty has to do to get into the squad.
    He's playing some very good football for Wolves.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    'Welsh View: Ireland Will Lose to Dragons’ X-Factor': http://pogmogoal.com/republic-of-ire...-factor/25078/
    He (Pitman) should have at least paid some homage to the Roy Keane reply when asked about the game against Wales - it's the next game that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    He (Pitman) should have at least paid some homage to the Roy Keane reply when asked about the game against Wales - it's the next game that matters.
    I do think Wales are getting slightly ahead of themselves if they're assuming they're going to take three points in Georgia, especially after having already dropped points against them in Cardiff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    If we try and do what we did away to Scotland then we might as well not turn up.

Playing smart football could get us the 3 points we need. Cool heads needed.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast