Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bray statement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    FAI have dug them out by giving them an advance payment of their UEFA solidarity money.
    https://www.thesun.ie/archives/footb...ess-in-europe/

Did the league get a solidarity payment of around €381,000 after Dundalk's progress to the EL group stage last year?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Obviously supporter owned clubs can still make bad decisions and can still run into trouble. Athlone for example are at least in theory a members club but seem to be either a closed shop or there aren't sufficient people willing to become members and cause regime change. On the other hand those two lads in Dundalk could in theory take the Euro money once it hits the club accounts and simply walk away. That would not have been possible under the previous co-op model.

Fan ownership isn't perfect, or anywhere remotely near it. And it certainly would be easier to have a rich owner who would pay someone to do the work I do for free. But on the other hand owning your club is a beautiful thing, even if it comes with responsibilities.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Was the deadline close of business today for Bray/O'Connor to convince the players everything is OK?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Stuart Gilhooly PFAI Solicitor was on Six One News about Athlone and Bray. He said they had heard nothing back from Bray since Last Thursday when they demanded Cast Iron Guarantees to be forwarded by today and the Squad would be meeting with the PFAI to discuss their options tomorrow.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    RTÉ radio saying this morning that the FAI are meeting Bray today about guarantees. Considering they were given until close of business yesterday is it a waste of time? Should the PFAI and the players make a stand today and say sorry, too little too late?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Should the PFAI and the players make a stand today and say sorry, too little too late?
    A stand how though? If they're still getting paid in full, on time, I don't think there's much they can do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Exactly. Even if Bray stopped paying after next week the players may not be able to get out in this window. But they have every right to be concerned. The statements from O Connor have been vague, contradictory and frankly aren't really credible much of the time.

A tweet I saw (private account so can't link it, but have heard story confirmed elsewhere) 2 years ago today Chairman was refused entry by the Gardaí to Carlisle, later got in & changed the locks. This has been a pantomime for some time now and even if the current situation blows over for a bit things will inevitably rear up again.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Should the PFAI and the players make a stand today and say sorry, too little too late?
    This is no time to be thinking of stadium development, man!! You surely can't mean a stand on principle - in this league/country/day and age (delete as appropriate)?
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post

A tweet I saw (private account so can't link it, but have heard story confirmed elsewhere) 2 years ago today Chairman was refused entry by the Gardaí to Carlisle, later got in & changed the locks. This has been a pantomime for some time now and even if the current situation blows over for a bit things will inevitably rear up again.
    I'm not certain but I don't think that's the way it went down. I think a shareholder (can't remember names) and a few others locked the ground, locking the O'Connors out. The O'Connors eventually gained access to the ground with the assistance of the Gardai and they then changed the locks. They (O'Connors) also lost access to the club website around the same time.
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Either way it's all pretty mental. If I were a Bray fan I would be looking to get organised and get a trust in place ASAP. Could make a big difference at some stage.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

11. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Wasn't that the time a former director filed a form with the CRO appointing himself director and resigning the others? Completely illegal of course. And mental too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Jeez I forgot about that one. Hard to keep track of it all.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Wasnt some guy that ran the shop with programmes and merchandising locked out just before that or that he gained access and it peeved people off. It seemed at the time like the McGettigan backed people versus the O'Connors. It was coming to a head to see who would be in control on the match night and one side backed down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    The players have all transfer listed themselves... https://theleagueofireland.com/2017/...transfer-list/
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Can players transfer list themselves if the club are not in breech of contract? What's to stop any player transfer listing themselves in that case ? I'm totally with the players BTW just don't see how another club can sign them legally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Thought this bit was interesting -

The players requested representation from the FAI at this meeting. The FAI did not respond to this request.
    I don't know if the FAI needed to be at the meeting - probably wouldn't hurt, but the FAI could say the PFAI being there was enough for them - but they should have responded at least, surely?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

I don't know if the FAI needed to be at the meeting - probably wouldn't hurt, but the FAI could say the PFAI being there was enough for them - but they should have responded at least, surely?
    Don't blame the FAI not being there, this is a dispute between a club and the players, that's the PFAI role.
    It shouldn't be up to the FAI to sort out stuff like this. but they should have responded pointing that out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

considering the PFAI offices are actually in the FAI's Offices could'nt one of the FAI people just sat in on the meeting eating popcorn on their lunchbreak or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Not blaming the FAI; I agree with your post there. It is a matter for them one way or the other, and if they don't want to attend the meeting, I think that's possibly an ok stance to take, but they should at least reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Can players transfer list themselves if the club are not in breech of contract? What's to stop any player transfer listing themselves in that case ? I'm totally with the players BTW just don't see how another club can sign them legally.
    I agree with this, the players can't unilaterally transfer list themselves without the clubs approval. Even if a player does sign with another club, surely Bray can just withhold their registration?

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast