Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    The number of Cork entrants in the FAI junior cup across all leagues in Cork is after plummeting . Clubs don't want to waste the money/time on a cup they have no chance of winning?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    The number of Cork entrants in the FAI junior cup across all leagues in Cork is after plummeting . Clubs don't want to waste the money/time on a cup they have no chance of winning?
    Could also be used to give some lads game time we all know A Cork team wont win it in the next 10 years..But at least with the 3 games to get out of cork you can rotate players to keep them happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    To be fair lads it ain't big money to enter €30 is it ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killer"B" View Post
    To be fair lads it ain't big money to enter €30 is it ??
    Im Sure money isnt an Issue for clubs to enter some clubs into it.

That €30 could buy a new match ball

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by injurytime View Post
    Im Sure money isnt an Issue for clubs to enter some clubs into it.

That €30 could buy a new match ball
    Not what I meant pal . I meant the cost if you got out of cork and had an away match in Sligo or Donegal

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    If clubs only entered competitions they had a chance of winning there wouldn't be many entries?? What, maybe 5/6 would enter the Champions League??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
    If clubs only entered competitions they had a chance of winning there wouldn't be many entries?? What, maybe 5/6 would enter the Champions League??
    Clubs get paid money for being in the champions league . Television rights etc. So to be honest that's a ridiculous comparison . Junior soccer is the second tier of soccer in Cork . Some of the so called junior teams in this country have bigger budgets than some league of Ireland first division teams . My post was a question by the way not a statement. I am curious to know why clubs aren't entering the FAI junior cup ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Clubs get paid money for being in the champions league . Television rights etc. So to be honest that's a ridiculous comparison . Junior soccer is the second tier of soccer in Cork . Some of the so called junior teams in this country have bigger budgets than some league of Ireland first division teams . My post was a question by the way not a statement. I am curious to know why clubs aren't entering the FAI junior cup ?
    I don't think your post was entirely a question in fairness. You insinuate that Cork clubs don't enter because they know they have no chance of winning. Why do up to 600 other teams enter the FAI Junior Cup when they haven't a hope of winning it? One of the biggest attractions of this competition is attempting to get out of your area and going places and playing teams you've never met before I would suggest. And in fairness to Aviva they have really got behind the competition in recent years. Clubs that reach quarter finals (by no means impossbile with a half decent draw) can expect a lot of publicity and even some TV coverage. Definitely a competition worth entering in my opinion.
    Last edited by Siberian; 14/09/2017 at 2:19 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I don't think your post was entirely a question in fairness. You insinuate that Cork clubs don't enter because they know they have no chance of winning. Why do up to 600 other teams enter the FAI Junior Cup when they haven't a hope of winning it? One of the biggest attractions of this competition is attempting to get out of your area and going places and playing teams you've never met before I would suggest. And in fairness to Aviva they have really got behind the competition in recent years. Clubs that reach quarter finals (by no means impossbile with a half decent draw) can expect a lot of publicity and even some TV coverage. Definitely a competition worth entering in my opinion.
    Ok so I will ask direct simplified questions so . Why aren't many Cork junior sides entering the FAI junior cup? Why have the numbers of entrants from Cork dropped? Are they simple enough questions?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Ok so I will ask direct simplified questions so . Why aren't many Cork junior sides entering the FAI junior cup? Why have the numbers of entrants from Cork dropped? Are they simple enough questions?
    That's it. Ask a question without trying to suggest an answer. Well done, wasn't that difficult was it???

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    That's it. Ask a question without trying to suggest an answer. Well done, wasn't that difficult was it???
    Yet when I asked simple questions you still couldn't answer them 😋

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Yet when I asked simple questions you still couldn't answer them ��
    Not a case that I 'couldn't' answer. I'm not bothered really as I'm not from Cork nor am I involved with any Cork side. However like yourself I'd be interested in hearing local views as to why the numbers of Cork teams in FAI Junior Cup have dropped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Not a case that I 'couldn't' answer. I'm not bothered really as I'm not from Cork nor am I involved with any Cork side. However like yourself I'd be interested in hearing local views as to why the numbers of Cork teams in FAI Junior Cup have dropped.
    Why enter A Competition where A club has Zero chance and will loose money if they progress ie Bus Trips to anywhere in Ireland be it A home fixture having to put in the perimeters around the pitch so People cant pass the barriers if weather is Bad rent a Astro for 2 hours another what €180..

No Brainer to me if i was involved in Football again dont enter it get a league game while other teams are in it get points on the board while the lads are interested in going on the P**S around the country...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Why enter A Competition where A club has Zero chance and will loose money if they progress ie Bus Trips to anywhere in Ireland be it A home fixture having to put in the perimeters around the pitch so People cant pass the barriers if weather is Bad rent a Astro for 2 hours another what €180..

No Brainer to me if i was involved in Football again dont enter it get a league game while other teams are in it get points on the board while the lads are interested in going on the P**S around the country...
    If clubs have a problem with driving a few stakes in to the ground and hanging some rope (and you're right, they probably do), it's amazing they can drag themselves out of bed to even play a match.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    AOH Cup 2nd Round: Fairview v Innishvilla A (off); Killumney Utd 1 Pearse Celtic A 3; Pearse Celtic B 2 Macroom A 2 (Pearse B won 4-2 on pens aet); Macroom B 2 Coachford 3; Kanturk 3 Waterloo 2; St John Boscos A 3 Churchvilla 0; Blackpool Celtic 1 Rathcoole Rovers 6.
    St Michaels Cup 1st Round: City Wanderers 4 Strand Utd 2;
    St Michaels Cup 2nd Round: Tower FC 4 Cathedral Celtic 0; Temple Utd 1 Dunbar Celtic 2; Springfield 0 Knockraha A 1.
    Presidents Cup 1st Round: Kilmichael Rovers 4 Greenmount Rangers 0; Watergrasshill Utd 0 Lakewood Ath B 1; Ard Na Laoi v Hillington (off); Greenwood B 1 Knockraha B 2.
    Premier League: Glenthorn Celtic 6 Lakewood Ath 0; Grattan Utd 1 Knocknaheeny Celtic 0; Village Utd 5 Carrigtwohill Utd 0;
    Premier A League: Rylane Celtic 0 Crescent Ath 0; Buttevant 0 Bohemians 4; Leeview Ath 3 Greenwood 3;
    AUL 2: Hibernians 1 Central Rovers 3; Knocknaheeny Celtic 3 Richmond 2; Carrigtwohill Utd 3 Leeview Ath 0.
    AUL 3: Innishvilla 5 Ballinhassig 3.

AUL 3A: Parkview Celtic 2 Grattan Utd 4; Grangevale 2 Southcoast Ath

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    AOH Cup 2nd Round: Fairview v Innishvilla A (off); Killumney Utd 1 Pearse Celtic A 3; Pearse Celtic B 2 Macroom A 2 (Pearse B won 4-2 on pens aet); Macroom B 2 Coachford 3; Kanturk 3 Waterloo 2; St John Boscos A 3 Churchvilla 0; Blackpool Celtic 1 Rathcoole Rovers 6.
    St Michaels Cup 1st Round: City Wanderers 4 Strand Utd 2;
    St Michaels Cup 2nd Round: Tower FC 4 Cathedral Celtic 0; Temple Utd 1 Dunbar Celtic 2; Springfield 0 Knockraha A 1.
    Presidents Cup 1st Round: Kilmichael Rovers 4 Greenmount Rangers 0; Watergrasshill Utd 0 Lakewood Ath B 1; Ard Na Laoi v Hillington (off); Greenwood B 1 Knockraha B 2.
    Premier League: Glenthorn Celtic 6 Lakewood Ath 0; Grattan Utd 1 Knocknaheeny Celtic 0; Village Utd 5 Carrigtwohill Utd 0;
    Premier A League: Rylane Celtic 0 Crescent Ath 0; Buttevant 0 Bohemians 4; Leeview Ath 3 Greenwood 3;
    AUL 2: Hibernians 1 Central Rovers 3; Knocknaheeny Celtic 3 Richmond 2; Carrigtwohill Utd 3 Leeview Ath 0.
    AUL 3: Innishvilla 5 Ballinhassig 3.

AUL 3A: Parkview Celtic 2 Grattan Utd 4; Grangevale 2 Southcoast Ath
    So Starting with the Prem games at the weekend big 1 was Grattan keeping the noisey neighbours quiet alot had been built up on Social media past few moths and especially by the Knocka manager.but Saturday's result should keep them quiet for a few games at least..Grattan deserved their win According to Barry Peelo.

Glenthorn blew A poor lakewood side apart Lakewood struggling at the moment some would say although i must admit i did fancy them to do well for the coming season but A rift with some players not getting on with the newer players could be the clause in some of the results Glenthorn going well and scoring alot of Goals.

Village winning well not a shock either Carrigtwoholl who are very poor and have been for some time now.

Regarding Aoh Cup results not many upsets in this cup temas progressing who should of in my eyes interesting that the Fairvew game was called off

FORMERLY: Michael Crowley
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So Starting with the Prem games at the weekend big 1 was Grattan keeping the noisey neighbours quiet alot had been built up on Social media past few moths and especially by the Knocka manager.but Saturday's result should keep them quiet for a few games at least..Grattan deserved their win According to Barry Peelo.

Glenthorn blew A poor lakewood side apart Lakewood struggling at the moment some would say although i must admit i did fancy them to do well for the coming season but A rift with some players not getting on with the newer players could be the clause in some of the results Glenthorn going well and scoring alot of Goals.

Village winning well not a shock either Carrigtwoholl who are very poor and have been for some time now.

Regarding Aoh Cup results not many upsets in this cup temas progressing who should of in my eyes interesting that the Fairvew game was called off
    You must be thinking the manager is someone else. Because he was telling the players to stay away from social media regarding that match. But once again the keyboard warriors come out after the match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PCoq View Post
    You must be thinking the manager is someone else. Because he was telling the players to stay away from social media regarding that match. But once again the keyboard warriors come out after the match.
    Yes i must of have the Manager mixed up apologies if i Do.is Paul Murphy not manager anymore.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Carrigtwohill were missing ten first team players against village due to holidays and work commitments so not a true reflection on things

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast