Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

carrick are strong again this year. fairview will be there or there a bouts as usual. saint michaels,portmarnock and clonmel town will be threats. i know galway hibs, athenry and erris are good is there any other contenders in the west.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FAI Junior Cup 2005

At this stage u probably know that Clonmel Town and last years finalists Carrick Utd are now knocked out of this competition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its looking like there will be a strong contingent from limerick this year with either fairview/ pike , janesboro/park,ballynanty,carew park and granville coming out of town, so from what i can make so far freebooters,carrick,portmarnock(i think)and maymount are out already so that would leave the 4 remaining quarter finalists fairview,janesboro,st kevins and galway hibs, plus ballynanty,st michaels,evergreen,ballymun and killester as the main challengers, but as usual it is hard to look beyond fairview

thecorner
    will we ever see a cork side win it!!!!!!!

surely the likes of greenmount,kinsale or leeside should be able to compete..those 3 sides usaulyy make up the najority of the oscar traynor side

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What about the FAI Intermediate Cup? Didnt Rockmount win that last season. Better standard although not as many teams in it. Last 32 being played this weekend. Winners play in first round of FAI Cup.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peake
    At this stage u probably know that Clonmel Town and last years finalists Carrick Utd are now knocked out of this competition.
    Are we ever going to see another future EL club emerge from these ranks ala FInn Harps in 1968?

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Are we ever going to see another future EL club emerge from these ranks ala FInn Harps in 1968?

a la cobh ramblers even later on than that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Safe to say after this weekend that neither Fairview Rangers, Janesboro , St. Kevins Boys or Portmarnock, all of whom could have been fancied, are going to win it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    st michaels and balla will be a good game. the cup is wide open this year anyone could win it. watch out for peake villa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Thumbs up

Pike Rovers to win it for Fran Mullally

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Moved to new Junior section.

Gary
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kilester or Ballymun from Dublin will go a long way as will Pike and whoever wins between Balla and Michaels will do well also i think...Hopefully it will be Balla or Pike to win it...Carew could cause a few upsets too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peake

I think Waterford Crystal knocked out Carrick so they have to be in the reckoning.
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Pike Rovers beat Blessington 1-0 in Blessington yesterday in the last 64 game.They made awfully hard work of it, defending way too deeply and inviting mediocre opposition upon them, and leaving themselves very light up front when attacking. Their goalscorer, Dermot Phelan got sent off yet again, but is now emigrating to Oz. They're a very hard team to score against though, and I don't think they have conceded a goal in the competitions 5 rounds yet (though am open to correction).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think your right there Joe although i think the hammered Hill celtic but they might have scored not sure though,...I think Pike will do well as you said they defend well and are hard to beat especially when they go a goal up..I cant understand how Phelan and Considine were playing yesterday though because the LDMC/ Fai had a notice on the Limerick Leader all year stating if you got sent off in the fai that you were automatically suspended for the next game..He surely will now ...not that it matters...All LDMC teams won Granville beat Churchview 3-1 aet ...Carew won 1- 0 away to glasheen amd Park rangers won also 1-0 too i think...Balla and st michaels off till the new year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy
    I cant understand how Phelan and Considine were playing yesterday though because the LDMC/ Fai had a notice on the Limerick Leader all year stating if you got sent off in the fai that you were automatically suspended for the next game...
    I think the FAI send letters to the clubs of those sent off, giving them the right to attend a hearing over suspensions before players actually get suspended.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Pike Rovers beat Blessington 1-0 in Blessington yesterday in the last 64 game.They made awfully hard work of it, defending way too deeply and inviting mediocre opposition upon them, and leaving themselves very light up front when attacking. Their goalscorer, Dermot Phelan got sent off yet again, but is now emigrating to Oz. They're a very hard team to score against though, and I don't think they have conceded a goal in the competitions 5 rounds yet (though am open to correction).

i was there were you ?.
    pike should have had it in the bag at half time.
    loads of chances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man

i was there were you ?.
    pike should have had it in the bag at half time.
    loads of chances
    Yeah, I was there....christ it was cold too. Why didn't they have admission at the gate?? There must have been 300 there at least and at €4 a pop would have made a handy grand or so for the club. They said their average attendance is 10, and they weren't expecting the crowd that was there.

Yeah, Pike could have been 4 up at half time, as blatant miss after 1 min, and an even more blatant pen not given, but all credit to Blessington, they battled and battled and with a bit of luck could have squeezed an equaliser out of it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    all limerick and tipp teams through so far. does anybody think the standard of junior soccer has really dipped this year. there are alot of very average teams in the last 32. rosegreen rangers and oldbridge are the two bottom teams from tipp premier league and they are beaten cork and dublin opposition in knockout stages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    So what Limerick, Tipp, and Dublin teams are left? Does anyone know the current state of the draw?

That crowd in Blessington reminds of a story I heard about a GAA match a couple of years back. St Mary's Sagart Under 10 Division E team (spring league was alphabetised) got a load of parents and relatives out for a fairly meaningless game (kids were winning league but were playing bottom club). 300 people turned up and the poor ref nearly had a heart attack.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast