Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You've got that one half right, a reduced amount from a rapidly diminishing balance, with legal correspondence flying about ? If your in doubt, just ask a club representative. In fairness,do you honestly believe that 6 players have been shown the door, zilch brought in and it's all for changing our "footballing" direction. I reckon we are down to a few weeks and it could be fold the tent time ... I'd be gutted, but some people are too stubborn to do the right thing. Think how and when Jack Mac was side stepped, genuinley tried to help the football club,global financial crisis hit and ran out of money, people smelled blood ....... well this is a kind of history repeating itself ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    My understanding is that the new lad has been paying the Piper for a while now but he's (justifiably) getting fed up with not calling the tunes.

Is he going to let the team get relegated after spending x amount because he somehow only discovered last Tuesday that POS is a bit stubborn? I don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it.

It looks like the usual Limerick senior football sky is falling brigade.

I'm following it 20 some years. Financial crises talk at least 350 times over that period. How many games have we failed to fulfill?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I had heard similar to LTID but it was more that the guy investing didn't want to get overly involved at the start but was slowly getting more interested over time and recently was looking to up his involvement. That has possibly happened now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    It sounds like your suggesting there's a power struggle between the new money man and POS? that would make sense from the other bits I've heard. As LTID said POS is a stubborn man and won't hand over the reigns to easily.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He's justifiably getting ****ed with POS an companies bizzare decision making, two bulls in a field syndrome. Will he pull out after sinking in so much .. Hell yes,It's quitting while your ahead.Does POS have enough to keep us afloat and competitive? Doesn't look too positive on that front .... Ideally, both could have reached agreement,but that's extremely unlikely at this point.Again,why couldn't the club release some kind of a statement based on the truth and cite restructuring, new investment needed, etc, etc.Instead we have to watch our side been stripped to the bone and kept in the dark. No wonder people seem completely disallusioned .... which will reflect in the Rovers attendance.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlepook View Post
    He's justifiably getting ****ed with POS an companies bizzare decision making, two bulls in a field syndrome. Will he pull out after sinking in so much .. Hell yes,It's quitting while your ahead.Does POS have enough to keep us afloat and competitive? Doesn't look too positive on that front .... Ideally, both could have reached agreement,but that's extremely unlikely at this point.Again,why couldn't the club release some kind of a statement based on the truth and cite restructuring, new investment needed, etc, etc.Instead we have to watch our side been stripped to the bone and kept in the dark. No wonder people seem completely disallusioned .... which will reflect in the Rovers attendance.
    Everything being talked about here is what people have heard and stories around. It may be close to the truth but also could be way off. I can't see why the club would release a statement unless they have something to actually say.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    He's justifiably getting ****ed with POS an companies bizzare decision making
    And do you know which side wanted NMcD in or was there agreement on that ?

Boland till the end of the season was as good as done according to some, then a delay, a quiet period and a different name ended up here.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Looking at the remaining fixtures, it's clear we have an unfortunate run of difficult opposition lately in Derry away, Dundalk away, then Shams at home, but it's after that that thteam will really need to start targeting points and securing a top nine finish. Bohs home, Finn Harps home, then Bray away, are all games that we should be getting points from, even if nine, 7, or even six is a bit of tall order at the moment. That's ahead of Cork home - a write-off unless Cork are on holidays after winning the title - then more achievable points against Pats away, Drogs home, Galway home.

The point being that things look rather grim now, but I would agree with the sentiment that there's a bit of an over-reaction. I'm not happy about the state of the squad, and it's only natural that rumours and concerns about the financial situation would be the result. But we're not doomed to slip into the bottom three. How many points would we need to avoid that? Not all that many. Then we go again.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I can't see why the club would release a statement unless they have something to actually say

So players not being paid the week before the Galway game, outstanding money owed to suppliers, six players shipped out, nothing in (despite McD promising 4/6 new quality players to push for Europe, when he arrived, slipping down the division and backroom staff getting screwed, fact, (not maybe) and you reckon the club shouldn't bother with a statement.... Maybe we get what we deserve.... Your in for an eye opener when the team sheet is out tonight ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Your in for an eye opener when the team sheet is out tonight ....
    Things to look forward to ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Which backroom staff got screwed? Genuinely curious didn't hear anything.

The Galway wage thing is at the Crux of the alleged issues.

Eye opener tonight? Shur Barry is a fantastic young talent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Heard nothing about any staff either.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    If players weren't paid, wouldn't that be more common knowledge? PFAI involved etc

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Galway wage issue is at the crux of the thing ... And you don't believe it's worth an explanation from the board. It's toxic at the club at the moment, players have zero faith in all and everything. We need radical change and quick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Which backroom staff got screwed?

What way would a statement about the Galway issue go from the board? I'm struggling to think of a similar statement in the history of football?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Which backroom staff got screwed?

What way would a statement about the Galway issue go from the board? I'm struggling to think of a similar statement in the history of football?
    The non playing staff who are stiffed will come out in the wash 100% .. Maybe contributed to the silent investor going ballistic. In relation to "what way" a statement from Galwaygate could go😃 It could range from acknowledgment of a clerical error, a we don't have a sausage or had cash flow problem, or our investor has sussed we don't have a clue and wants changes before he gives us another penny or their is nothing wrong here, move along , nothing to see blah blah. Either way the dogs in the street knows we're in terminal major **** and someone needs to make a move. It's like a cheap crap game ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Neil McDonald
    Eric Kinder
    Martin Russell
    Tommy Barrett
    Willie Boland
    Eddie Hickey
    Derek McCarthy
    Barry Heffernan
    Keith Wallace
    Kieran Judge

There's a list of non playing staff at the club this year off the top of my head.

Which one got screwed?

Can you give me an example from anywhere in the world of a statement like the one you are asking for?

"The Limerick FC board would like to confirm the players weren't paid last week but have been paid this week. ENDS."

Have you considered Mike Aherne like I said? You seem to know more than you are letting on. You're asking the club to state what's going on in plain English. When you're not willing to do so yourself?

Im more than happy to join the firing squad. But show me the bodies first. As it stands it's just a load of hot air.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Your in for an eye opener when the team sheet is out tonight ....
    So was that the team you were expecting last night ? Or ? Etc ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Neil McDonald
    Eric Kinder
    Martin Russell
    Tommy Barrett
    Willie Boland
    Eddie Hickey
    Derek McCarthy
    Barry Heffernan
    Keith Wallace
    Kieran Judge

There's a list of non playing staff at the club this year off the top of my head.

Which one got screwed?

Can you give me an example from anywhere in the world of a statement like the one you are asking for?

"The Limerick FC board would like to confirm the players weren't paid last week but have been paid this week. ENDS."

Have you considered Mike Aherne like I said? You seem to know more than you are letting on. You're asking the club to state what's going on in plain English. When you're not willing to do so yourself?

Im more than happy to join the firing squad. But show me the bodies first. As it stands it's just a load of hot air.
    I'll show you zilch, and actually think it's particularly crude for you to want "names" of individuals who may require third party intervention. Regarding the firing squad, your probably more inclined to be at the autopsy, sniffing around the carcass .. Now run along and bore someone else to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast