Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Mathews gone after 5-0 win

  1. #21
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    858
    Thanked in
    737 Posts
    Maybe Marty meant media presence but again I'd have to disagree there. As critical as I've been of the Social media side of things down the year, this year there's been improvements. The live updates for 90% of matches are brilliant plus this week there was a small preview on the website for the shels game and interviews with 2 players. A long long long long way to go but improvement for sure

  2. #22
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,987
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,989
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    534
    Thanked in
    449 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Maybe Marty meant media presence but again I'd have to disagree there. As critical as I've been of the Social media side of things down the year, this year there's been improvements. The live updates for 90% of matches are brilliant plus this week there was a small preview on the website for the shels game and interviews with 2 players. A long long long long way to go but improvement for sure
    What I mean is that you would have interviews with athlone players /mgt on 98 FM. Not once this season have I heard anything from ltfc staff on national radio.whose fault is that?
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  3. #23
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    639
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,459
    Thanked in
    971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Maybe Marty meant media presence but again I'd have to disagree there. As critical as I've been of the Social media side of things down the year, this year there's been improvements. The live updates for 90% of matches are brilliant plus this week there was a small preview on the website for the shels game and interviews with 2 players. A long long long long way to go but improvement for sure
    Highlights of the Wexford game was a welcome addition too.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #24
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    858
    Thanked in
    737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Highlights of the Wexford game was a welcome addition too.
    Yep, when I watched them on twitter the quality was dreadful but apparently Pauro just uplaoded the wrong version from the website so I checked out Facebook and was delighted to see it in HD. Again a much needed addition, well done lads.

  6. #25
    Coach Pauro 76's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    London town
    Posts
    6,576
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    452
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Yep, when I watched them on twitter the quality was dreadful but apparently Pauro just uplaoded the wrong version from the website so I checked out Facebook and was delighted to see it in HD. Again a much needed addition, well done lads.
    With the video, generally I avoid putting the videos straight up onto the web site as websites generally compress quality, as the videos can be quite large. Thinking of resurrecting LTFC YouTube channel and putting the videos up for archive in the future if videos are going to be a regular thing...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

  7. #26
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    639
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,459
    Thanked in
    971 Posts
    Good idea, put them on YouTube if they're going to be regular. Don't see why they won't if the camera is there.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  8. #27
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    858
    Thanked in
    737 Posts
    Cronin has applied for the job

  9. #28
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    639
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,459
    Thanked in
    971 Posts
    Gareth Cronin?!

    Just kidding. I like Gary Cronin from what I've heard of him in interviews and from what others say of him but we'll see how he gets on in the next few games. There's no rush.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  10. #29
    Youth Team hollocaine's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    With the video, generally I avoid putting the videos straight up onto the web site as websites generally compress quality, as the videos can be quite large. Thinking of resurrecting LTFC YouTube channel and putting the videos up for archive in the future if videos are going to be a regular thing...
    Would be best to add in the Benny Hill music to the "highlights" of last night's game. Especially onto Kevin O'Connor's fresh air shot in the second half. A thing of beauty.

  11. #30
    International Prospect De Town's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,032
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    257
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    A pathetic effort last night alright. Don't want to judge Cronin off one game obviously but it wasn't a good job interview if that's what he was using it as. Playing 4 at the back until the bitter end against Shels' 4-4-0 formation was an interesting choice. There was literally no need for Walsh and O'Reilly back there and considering Walsh can play up top, he really needed to be put up there for the last 20/25 mins at least. The lack of ideas going forward was very tough to watch. The thoughts of going to watch games for the second half of the season is not a pleasant one.

  12. #31
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    858
    Thanked in
    737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    A pathetic effort last night alright. Don't want to judge Cronin off one game obviously but it wasn't a good job interview if that's what he was using it as. Playing 4 at the back until the bitter end against Shels' 4-4-0 formation was an interesting choice. There was literally no need for Walsh and O'Reilly back there and considering Walsh can play up top, he really needed to be put up there for the last 20/25 mins at least. The lack of ideas going forward was very tough to watch. The thoughts of going to watch games for the second half of the season is not a pleasant one.
    Gary was barely able to speak after the game he was that gutted. I wonder if he feels that was his chance gone. Obviously it's hard to change a teams style of play in the space of 3 training sessions and with no assistance but we played as if Mathews was still in charge last night. No creativity

  13. #32
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    858
    Thanked in
    737 Posts
    Spoke to Alan Cawley on last nights podcast, he spoke about his time at Town. ĎíI donít know why Alan Mathews ever signed me I wasnít the sort of player he liked.íí - Feel free to listen here - https://goo.gl/apXyDy

  14. Thanks From:


  15. #33
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    639
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,459
    Thanked in
    971 Posts
    He’s right in that regard but he didn’t help himself when he was here either. Looking for his wages so he could leave before a home match as he had a party to get to in Sligo was a particular highlight. I get that he didn’t want to be there but we were paying his wages so he should have shown the club a bit of respect even if he didn’t respect Alan Mathews.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  16. #34
    Reserves Rocky77's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In and around, I prefer around
    Posts
    639
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    30
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Heís right in that regard but he didnít help himself when he was here either. Looking for his wages so he could leave before a home match as he had a party to get to in Sligo was a particular highlight. I get that he didnít want to be there but we were paying his wages so he should have shown the club a bit of respect even if he didnít respect Alan Mathews.
    Yes, there were aspects of his makeup as a footballer that donít tally with his stance as a professional pontificator
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    Red and black, red and black.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    He hates Athlone.

  17. Thanks From:


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Alan Mathews
    By nigel-harps1954 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28/05/2017, 8:05 PM
  2. Mathews gone
    By gael353 in forum Cork City
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 13/12/2008, 4:09 PM
  3. Mathews Going from City
    By the sub in forum Cobh Ramblers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09/12/2008, 5:19 PM
  4. Mathews calls for tax breaks
    By BohDiddley in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15/09/2006, 6:12 PM
  5. Moaner Mathews
    By TommyT in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24/04/2003, 8:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •