Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mathews gone after 5-0 win

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Maybe Marty meant media presence but again I'd have to disagree there. As critical as I've been of the Social media side of things down the year, this year there's been improvements. The live updates for 90% of matches are brilliant plus this week there was a small preview on the website for the shels game and interviews with 2 players. A long long long long way to go but improvement for sure

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Maybe Marty meant media presence but again I'd have to disagree there. As critical as I've been of the Social media side of things down the year, this year there's been improvements. The live updates for 90% of matches are brilliant plus this week there was a small preview on the website for the shels game and interviews with 2 players. A long long long long way to go but improvement for sure
    What I mean is that you would have interviews with athlone players /mgt on 98 FM. Not once this season have I heard anything from ltfc staff on national radio.whose fault is that?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Highlights of the Wexford game was a welcome addition too.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Highlights of the Wexford game was a welcome addition too.
    Yep, when I watched them on twitter the quality was dreadful but apparently Pauro just uplaoded the wrong version from the website so I checked out Facebook and was delighted to see it in HD. Again a much needed addition, well done lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Yep, when I watched them on twitter the quality was dreadful but apparently Pauro just uplaoded the wrong version from the website so I checked out Facebook and was delighted to see it in HD. Again a much needed addition, well done lads.
    With the video, generally I avoid putting the videos straight up onto the web site as websites generally compress quality, as the videos can be quite large. Thinking of resurrecting LTFC YouTube channel and putting the videos up for archive in the future if videos are going to be a regular thing...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Good idea, put them on YouTube if they're going to be regular. Don't see why they won't if the camera is there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Cronin has applied for the job

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Gareth Cronin?!

Just kidding. I like Gary Cronin from what I've heard of him in interviews and from what others say of him but we'll see how he gets on in the next few games. There's no rush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    With the video, generally I avoid putting the videos straight up onto the web site as websites generally compress quality, as the videos can be quite large. Thinking of resurrecting LTFC YouTube channel and putting the videos up for archive in the future if videos are going to be a regular thing...
    Would be best to add in the Benny Hill music to the "highlights" of last night's game. Especially onto Kevin O'Connor's fresh air shot in the second half. A thing of beauty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    A pathetic effort last night alright. Don't want to judge Cronin off one game obviously but it wasn't a good job interview if that's what he was using it as. Playing 4 at the back until the bitter end against Shels' 4-4-0 formation was an interesting choice. There was literally no need for Walsh and O'Reilly back there and considering Walsh can play up top, he really needed to be put up there for the last 20/25 mins at least. The lack of ideas going forward was very tough to watch. The thoughts of going to watch games for the second half of the season is not a pleasant one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    A pathetic effort last night alright. Don't want to judge Cronin off one game obviously but it wasn't a good job interview if that's what he was using it as. Playing 4 at the back until the bitter end against Shels' 4-4-0 formation was an interesting choice. There was literally no need for Walsh and O'Reilly back there and considering Walsh can play up top, he really needed to be put up there for the last 20/25 mins at least. The lack of ideas going forward was very tough to watch. The thoughts of going to watch games for the second half of the season is not a pleasant one.
    Gary was barely able to speak after the game he was that gutted. I wonder if he feels that was his chance gone. Obviously it's hard to change a teams style of play in the space of 3 training sessions and with no assistance but we played as if Mathews was still in charge last night. No creativity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Spoke to Alan Cawley on last nights podcast, he spoke about his time at Town. ‘’I don’t know why Alan Mathews ever signed me I wasn’t the sort of player he liked.’’ - Feel free to listen here - https://goo.gl/apXyDy

14. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He’s right in that regard but he didn’t help himself when he was here either. Looking for his wages so he could leave before a home match as he had a party to get to in Sligo was a particular highlight. I get that he didn’t want to be there but we were paying his wages so he should have shown the club a bit of respect even if he didn’t respect Alan Mathews.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    He’s right in that regard but he didn’t help himself when he was here either. Looking for his wages so he could leave before a home match as he had a party to get to in Sligo was a particular highlight. I get that he didn’t want to be there but we were paying his wages so he should have shown the club a bit of respect even if he didn’t respect Alan Mathews.
    Yes, there were aspects of his makeup as a footballer that don’t tally with his stance as a professional pontificator
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    Red and black, red and black.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    He hates Athlone.

17. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12