Thread: LOI Fixtures May 26th +

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Cork are looking for an increase in mcalister ban to life without parole
    I've heard very little from our end on the tackle. It looked a red to me and that's what was issued. That was it as far as I and most others were concerned. It seems to be Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk, Sligo, Harps and Longford fan(s) on this page alone that are talking it up.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    It was the hysterical reaction of your players that people are alluding too. Judging by their reaction it looked like he would never play again.

I give credit to caulfield or the players for the coordination to influence the ref...and I mean that genuinely , like it or not influencing the ref is part of the game now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    I've heard very little from our end on the tackle. It looked a red to me and that's what was issued. That was it as far as I and most others were concerned. It seems to be Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk, Sligo, Harps and Longford fan(s) on this page alone that are talking it up.
    Course Cork fans aren't saying anything but that it was a red who's going to complain about an opposition player being sent off in a tight game and admit that their own teams players overreacted.
    I think the fact fans of other teams are siding with rovers on this says it all really considering I get the impression we're not the most liked club in the country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I think Soccer Republic could have shown some other challenges from Rovers on the night which would maybe change some opinions on whether their approach was over the top including Shaws challenge on McNulty early in the game.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    Hey Pablo, I didn't see it, but if fans of other clubs are largely siding with the Rovers side of the argument here.............

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I think Soccer Republic could have shown some other challenges from Rovers on the night which would maybe change some opinions on whether their approach was over the top including Shaws challenge on McNulty early in the game.
    Nobody's denying rovers were probably physical in the game, just saying the red wasn't a red.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Hey Pablo, I didn't see it, but if fans of other clubs are largely siding with the Rovers side of the argument here.............
    And yet their own manager (who admittedly knows very little about football) says it was a red

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I haven't seen a replay, but on the night it looked like a bad tackle as it happened, and looked like a red. Unsurprisingly the stadium was in uproar. It was also about the 10th time Seani had been taken out of it and poor tackles on other players too, with the ref very slow to penalise. I'm not surprised at all that the players freaked out. They saw what we saw in real time, and they were frustrated I'd imagine. I think the idea that it was a coordinated plan to intimidate the ref is nonsense, if that was it they'd have been doing it long before this tackle. It might not have been as bad as it looked in real time, but hindsight is 20/20.

I thought Rovers were very physical and dirty in the game. The redhead up front on particular. Definitely the most I've seen a team go flying in rashly this season. That said, they also looked like the most skilled footballers we played this year, apart from maybe Bray. They just lacked a structure and discipline.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    And yet their own manager (who admittedly knows very little about football) says it was a red
    You may not like Bradley but to say he knows nothing about football is just stupid. Of course he's not going to say it wasn't a red, he'd probably get a ban or fine if he did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    You may not like Bradley but to say he knows nothing about football is just stupid. Of course he's not going to say it wasn't a red, he'd probably get a ban or fine if he did.
    On the contrary, I love Bradley, long may his reign last. Hiis mistakes and his comments after games show me that he is not learning from his mistakes and that he doesn't understand why his team isn't doing better. Its unfair to say he knows nothing about football. I mean I'm sure he understands the offside rule for example.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It's cute that we're about 50 points behind you yet you still derive some pleasure from us not doing well.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678