Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: New LOI book

  1. #1
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    New LOI book

    Hi

    I am currently putting together a new LOI book (sort of a follow-up to Just Follow The Floodlights) which will include a story (or stories) from fans of each current League of Ireland team (and some that are gone) At the moment I'm only missing Athlone Town from the current league, but if there are any fans of teams like Monaghan United, St James Gate, Kildare County etc that would like to put their own memories of their club , be it a favourite season, game, european adventure, fight with owners, cult player, or such then I'd be delighted to hear from you.
    Hopefully the book will come out in time for the end of league season or Christmas. At present I'm looking for a good name to wow the publishers and when it's out I'm hoping some clubs will let me launch the book .
    Included in the book is the section "Are You Calling Me A Cult" which will have one cult hero from each club. Tough task. But hopefully we'll get the right guy and contact him to give his own view!
    Any input from those wishing to help out is always taken on board.

    Kind Regards
    Brian

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #2
    First Team ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,088
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    401
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Hey Brian, I'm sure many here will be looking forward to your new book. Some names for your book:

    Still Following The Floodlights
    Diary of a Problem Child
    Through The Turnstiles

    Or you could go with this beauty, The League of Ireland - It's not that bleak!

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #3
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,550
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,790
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,458
    Thanked in
    2,018 Posts
    'League of Ireland Book - Is Cool'

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #4
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    768
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    174
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Diary of a Problem Child
    Brilliant!

  8. #5
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Some great names there!

  9. #6
    Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the gutter, but looking at the stars
    Posts
    11,296
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,235
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    A Shower of Problem Child Cults
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

  10. #7
    The Cheeto God Real ale Madrid's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,885
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    455
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,485
    Thanked in
    739 Posts
    "Creating the Atmosphere" - Short stories from the Greatest League in the world.

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #8
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Others include - "Paddy Get The Nets", Blind Devotion - League of Ireland Love Letters , Mud, Bets & Beers , A Beautiful Shame , Concession Confession - Tales of the Turnstiles..

  13. #9
    Reserves Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    838
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    89
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    How about " It's always the same....sometimes"

  14. Thanks From:


  15. #10
    Reserves vinnie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    397
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    759
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    60
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    "The next Asterisk"

  16. #11
    International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Basel (Allschwil)
    Posts
    5,827
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,819
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    436
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Hey Brian, I'm sure many here will be looking forward to your new book. Some names for your book:

    Still Following The Floodlights
    Diary of a Problem Child
    Through The Turnstiles

    Or you could go with this beauty, The League of Ireland - It's not that bleak!
    Thats class, please go for that...........

  17. #12
    Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the gutter, but looking at the stars
    Posts
    11,296
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,235
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    Yeah, that's the stand out for me. Although it may mean little to those outside the league.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

  18. #13
    First Team ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,088
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    401
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    It's amazing what comes to you over breakfast. I remember seeing there is a new Diary Of A Wimpy Kid movie coming out and it must have stuck in my head.

  19. #14
    Coach BonnieShels's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Holm Span, Blackpool
    Posts
    12,019
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,380
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,633
    Thanked in
    1,812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by writerbk1969 View Post
    Hi

    I am currently putting together a new LOI book (sort of a follow-up to Just Follow The Floodlights) which will include a story (or stories) from fans of each current League of Ireland team (and some that are gone) At the moment I'm only missing Athlone Town from the current league, but if there are any fans of teams like Monaghan United, St James Gate, Kildare County etc that would like to put their own memories of their club , be it a favourite season, game, european adventure, fight with owners, cult player, or such then I'd be delighted to hear from you.
    Hopefully the book will come out in time for the end of league season or Christmas. At present I'm looking for a good name to wow the publishers and when it's out I'm hoping some clubs will let me launch the book .
    Included in the book is the section "Are You Calling Me A Cult" which will have one cult hero from each club. Tough task. But hopefully we'll get the right guy and contact him to give his own view!
    Any input from those wishing to help out is always taken on board.

    Kind Regards
    Brian
    BTW, cheers for giving us JFTF. It was a great read.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

  20. #15
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,076
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,127
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    986
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Yeah, that's the stand out for me. Although it may mean little to those outside the league.
    Fun and FAIl's -The Dairy of a problem child! Im sure some legal eagle in Abbotstown would have fun working on keeping that out of print somehow.

  21. #16
    First Team patrickccfc's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Posts
    1,811
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    207
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    "Tales from the Terrace "

  22. #17
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,441
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,277
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    621
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Fun and FAIl's -The Dairy of a problem child! Im sure some legal eagle in Abbotstown would have fun working on keeping that out of print somehow.
    Bit of a cheesy title. No need to milk the FAI for joke titles, surely you can cup up with something a little bit butter than that.

  23. Thanks From:


  24. #18
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Some good names there. Others I got are

    A Kick In The Grass
    Your Blood Your Sweat Our Tears
    "How Is He Ref?"
    At The End of The Day ...
    Friday Night Heights

    etc

  25. #19
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,076
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,127
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    986
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Bit of a cheesy title. No need to milk the FAI for joke titles, surely you can cup up with something a little bit butter than that.
    Good spot you cheeky git

  26. Thanks From:


  27. #20
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,076
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,127
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    986
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by writerbk1969 View Post
    Some good names there. Others I got are

    A Kick In The Grass
    Your Blood Your Sweat Our Tears
    "How Is He Ref?"
    At The End of The Day ...
    Friday Night Heights

    etc
    I like that one! Be a good one for a club specific book maybe though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New LOI Book
    By MariborKev in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 17/02/2011, 11:51 AM
  2. Book?
    By KK77 in forum Fans Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07/09/2007, 6:21 PM
  3. New Batman book
    By shedite in forum Current Affairs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16/02/2006, 9:05 AM
  4. pre-book buses
    By DolansWaistcoat in forum Cork City
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21/02/2005, 9:06 PM
  5. Book of Condolences?
    By Peadar in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06/09/2004, 2:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •