Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland v Austria - Sunday 11th June 2017 - World Cup 2018 Qualifier

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

Republic of Ireland v Austria - Sunday 11th June 2017 - World Cup 2018 Qualifier

Austria calls up newcomers for qualifier vs Ireland

http://www.tsn.ca/austria-calls-up-n...eland-1.758818

Austria:
    Goalkeepers: Daniel Bachmann (Stoke), Heinz Lindner (Frankfurt), Markus Kuster (Mattersburg)
    Defenders: Kevin Danso (Augsburg), Aleksandar Dragovic (Leverkusen), Martin Hinteregger (Augsburg), Stefan Lainer (Salzburg), Valentino Lazaro (Salzburg), Sebastian Proedl (Watford), Stefan Stangl (Salzburg), Kevin Wimmer (Tottenham)
    Midfielders: David Alaba (Bayern Munich), Julian Baumgartlinger (Leverkusen), Florian Grillitsch (Bremen), Martin Harnik (Hannover), Zlatko Junuzovic (Bremen), Florian Kainz (Bremen), Konrad Laimer (Salzburg), Marcel Sabitzer (Leipzig), Louis Schaub (Rapid Vienna)
    Forwards: Guido Burgstaller (Schalke), Michael Gregoritsch (Hamburg), Marc Janko (FC Basel)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    the42.ie report that full back Andreas Ulmer misses out because he's getting married: http://www.the42.ie/austria-squad-ir...05037-May2017/
    It's not that big of a deal, according to soccerway he hasn't earned an international cap since 2014!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Randolph; Christie, Keogh, O'Shea, Ward; Arter, Whelan, Hendrick; McClean, Brady; Murphy
    Randolph; Christie, Keogh, O'Shea, Ward; Whelan; Hendrick, Arter, Brady; Hoolahan; Murphy

Keogh pretty interchangeable with Duffy, Arter pretty interchangeable with O'Kane and Murphy pretty interchangeable with Walters.

Has Marc Wilson ever played RB? I'd consider him at RB instead of Christie, who I think is an accident waiting to happen.

Pity about Meyler's injury, and the others, though Austria have their own injuries, so you can't complain.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 27/05/2017 at 3:43 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Wilson played right back when he came through at Portsmouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    thought he was a defensive midfielder in their academy?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He ended up playing there but was a centre-half who got his break at full back.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    A negative with the new qualifier fixture format is that there are no double headers in June, which imo is a perfect period for playing 2 qualifiers, the first on the June 6th or 7th and the second on 10th or 11th. As it stands now, players from winter leagues have to hang around for weeks just to play one qual game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    A negative with the new qualifier fixture format is that there are no double headers in June, which imo is a perfect period for playing 2 qualifiers, the first on the June 6th or 7th and the second on 10th or 11th. As it stands now, players from winter leagues have to hang around for weeks just to play one qual game.
    It's a bad time for a game in general. For such an important game there is little or no hype for it. Poxy day of the week. Poxy kickoff time. Makes it very difficult for those coming from the country to go. Slap bang in the middle of exams. Height of GAA season. I doubt it will sell out.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    I doubt it will sell out.
    I heard there was only 4,000 tickets left a week or so ago and there appears to only be premium on sale on ticketmaster. id say from sundays friendly onwards there will be much more hype.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    It's a bad time for a game in general. For such an important game there is little or no hype for it. Poxy day of the week. Poxy kickoff time. Makes it very difficult for those coming from the country to go. Slap bang in the middle of exams. Height of GAA season. I doubt it will sell out.
    Most of my mates stupidly travelling to Galway-Mayo in Pearse Stadium which throws in at 4. Idiots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    I heard there was only 4,000 tickets left a week or so ago and there appears to only be premium on sale on ticketmaster. id say from sundays friendly onwards there will be much more hype.
    Yeah it may sell out by then but if it was on at a better date it would have been sold out by now.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I can't wait for it. And being on a Sunday gave me an excuse to take the Monday off work. So it's basically two Bank Holidays in a row. Yahoo.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    I'm usually cautious even pessimistic, but I think we will beat Austria
    I literally cant believe they have no friendly game arranged, they will be as rusty as f**k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Potentially good news for Ireland.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...n-genou/806794

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    fingers crossed !

"Fourth in Group D qualifying for the next World Cup, Austria is playing a crucial match against Ireland in Dublin on 11 June. The selection of Marcel Koller is afraid of having to do without his master to play David Alaba. The 24-year-old was injured during the first practice of the selection, feeling a pinch to one knee. He was not able to participate in the next training, and his presence is now very much threatened"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I'm usually cautious even pessimistic, but I think we will beat Austria
    I literally cant believe they have no friendly game arranged, they will be as rusty as f**k
    Arnautovic suspended too.
    You've got no fans.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    Alaba is a doubt, knee joint problem, but he's training on his own with the target to join in on full training next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    Before the two friendlies, Randolph was the nr 1 and was given the starting place to get fully tuned in for the Austria game.
    Then that atrocious Randolph mistake happened.
    Did Mon have some doubt then about Randolph? Either he was completely satisfied that Randolph was still nr 1 or he had some doubt and gave Westwood a 45 minute audition.
    If I was decided before the friendlies that Randolph was nr 1, i'd want him to play every minute.
    Unfortunately Westwood spilled that ball under no real pressure, without that mistake he looked very assured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He gave a half each to Given and Westwood in the England friendly before (starting Given in) the Scotland game. I'd say it was the plan all along and doesn't mean much. Randolph's mistake will have given him food for thought though. Going by his comments recently I think it's a pretty close-run thing at the moment and Westwood will take over sooner or later.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 05/06/2017 at 11:43 AM.

21. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast