Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: eL fixtures released

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Paranoid United

Cork fans are unhappy with their fixture list. Apparantly their championship rivals have an advantage over them. Crapology!!!!! I didn't hear their fans complaining when they had the advantage of 3 home games out of 4 against us 2 seasons ago. Similiarly, I didn't hear Shels, Pats, or Bohs fans complaining about playing their away games against Rovers at home in previous seasons. What we faced in those games, WAS what you call a disadvantage.

In fixture lists, everyone doesn't get everything they want. We got a bad list too, with 17 away games, and 2 trips to Donegal, and Derry. That's the system, you take what you get, and you make the best of it. It doesn't matter what way the fixtures are arranged, Shels have the league won already.

Methinks it's the shock of Cork's first game being a long haul trip to Donegal, that has them annoyed. Don't worry, we're next up there 2 weeks later. I'd also like to remind the Cork conspiracy theorists that everybody begins the league on 0 points, and that the league is decided on the pitch, not by the fixture list. Oh, and just be glad that you have a title chase to look forward to, instead of being in our situation, where we have to spend the whole season, trying to scramble enough points to beat the drop.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'I know what you're saying and they're valid points but (and i dont know this) did Cork City sign up for both ??'

Are some of you Cork boys taking the p_-s or what?

If they didn't, well then it was down to them to persuade others to vote their way. If they couldn't do that, tough, stop your whinging and stop letting Dolan make excuses before the season even starts - a f_-king bluffer !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    Are some of you Cork boys taking the p_-s or what?

I am glad you referred to other i.e. not me because if so ... you clearly didn't read my post.

mypost .... like wise.

In fact most of this thread involves people not read the posts properly.
    Last edited by A face; 23/02/2005 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Speed typing results in typos
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Well you did refer to it as a 'fixing scandal'

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is an absolutely ridiculous thread.

Cork were unlucky with the fixture list, simple as that. There is no conspiracy. If Ollie Byrne was influencing the fixtures then I don't think that he would have the biggest Dublin gate (Shels V Bohs) being played in Dalymount twice, and he especially wouldn't have chosen to have the last game of the season in Dalyer against Bohs. Aside from the disadvantage of playing away, it has the potential to be a big gate.

Next season the fixtures will be reversed anyway.

If the league was to select fixtures that made it convenient for Cork travelling, then they would be giving Cork an unfair advantage over the rest of the league.

In my opinion, Dolan is just playing the "everybody is against us" game that seems to go down very well in Cork. The reality is that nobody cares, but it is creating an us and them attitude that will be good PR in their area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    nor wud they be travelling to united park twice lok at shels run in their last three games are drogheda away cork at home and bohs away, far from easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    If the league was to select fixtures that made it convenient for Cork travelling, then they would be giving Cork an unfair advantage over the rest of the league.

So you are agreed .... software should be used to decide it, thats what i've been saying too. Try and explain it to others.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy

Next season the fixtures will be reversed anyway.
    Er, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you're wrong.

Cork Evening Echo, tonight....And I quote: Fixtures guru (haha) Michael Hayes admitted that it is not a two-tier cycle this season and confirmed that the 22 league clubs only voted on the 2005 fixtures in Cork.

Next year will be a two-year cycle.

So there.
    Football is life. The rest is mere detail...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456