Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Exactly ....bad tackle normal game stuff.....hurt us more than dundalk, let's not make a drama out of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    On the game we were great in the first half hour, thought we were going to steamroll Rovers but we just stopped playing. Couldn't begrudge Rovers the draw. On the sending off, the tackle was disgusting and it's hard to fathom how it wasn't a straight red, Shields out for the remainder of the season now.

On the other "stuff" I feel sorry for genuine Rovers fans of which I know a few. It must be really embarrassing to be associated with the scum that attach themselves to their club. Also it must be really disheartening that the club has never made a serious push to weed these low lives out.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Did Dundalk weed out the scum who broke 40/50 seats when playing in tallaght last season.
    Get to f***.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Good game and as a side bar good advert for a ten team league . The more games between top teams the better
    I thought it was an average game to be honest. Neither side really stood out above the other.

It certainly didn't do ten team league any favours, as people will be sick of watching the same teams cancel each other out over and over again. As said already, Rovers and Dundalk have played each other 5 times this season, 6 after the replay, and with a ten team league, that would have been 7 times in one season, or once every 5 weeks. Feck that for a game of cards. It takes away from the occasion of a derby game, and lessens any potential rivalries within the league.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    On the other "stuff" I feel sorry for genuine Rovers fans of which I know a few. It must be really embarrassing to be associated with the scum that attach themselves to their club. Also it must be really disheartening that the club has never made a serious push to weed these low lives out.
    Shamrock Rovers match tickets were only available to Members initially, with any remaining tickets going to Season Ticket holders. The Rovers fans causing trouble in the ground are part of the core of the club,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Did Dundalk weed out the scum who broke 40/50 seats when playing in tallaght last season.
    Get to f***.
    From the man who tried to defend a leg breaker by blaming the ref for not picking up on an earlier foul 🙄

See you and sbwaga are part of the problem, you may not be throwing flares or smashing up pubs but you'll turn a blind eye when it happens just like your club, and use the above tactic to do this.

I presume that all tickets for this game were sold to Rovers season ticket holders? If so this is very worrying for the club as these fans are meant to be the ones who love the club most.

Dundalk have plenty of idiots but if 600 season ticket holders went to Tallaght there would be no issues.

No need to reply btw I'll discuss this with an intelligent Rovers fan in the morning. Enjoy the celebrations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Shamrock Rovers match tickets were only available to Members initially, with any remaining tickets going to Season Ticket holders. The Rovers fans causing trouble in the ground are part of the core of the club,
    That explains a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    No, I think he lost his head, and tried to do a big tackle and injured a Dundalk player, which he did do. Just like Bolger did in the previous match.
    Wasn't aware vermuland was injured ....was it a mirage or was he playing tonight ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Looks like we're thinking the same thing. Like I said it's the genuine members and season ticket holders I feel sorry for because there are plenty who just want to go to matches and follow their team.

I'd find it very difficult to follow Dundalk knowing that this crap is going to happen each time we play a rival. I know we have our idiots but the big difference is that they are teenage idiots who come and go, the Rovers idiots are grown men who should know better

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Exactly ....bad tackle normal game stuff.....hurt us more than dundalk, let's not make a drama out of it
    I think Chris Shields might disagree

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Wasn't aware vermuland was injured ....was it a mirage or was he playing tonight ?
    Right so it can't be a bad tackle if you don't properly injure your opponent? Yours and PC's comments just reinforce most people's opinions of Rovers fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Would i be right in saying that the McAllister red and his suspension will be in the replay? (red carries to the competition you get it in?) He could still be suspended for 3 matches if the FAI disciplinary committee feel its warranted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    To be honest after witnessing the antics of Shamrock Rovers supporters this evening they are the perfect definition of an Orwellian classless society.

It was some wild celebrations from them when they equalised and at ft.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I think Chris Shields might disagree
    I think sheilds is man enough to admit he has been there done that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Right so it can't be a bad tackle if you don't properly injure your opponent? Yours and PC's comments just reinforce most people's opinions of Rovers fans
    I wouldn't presume to speak for sbgawa, as I assume he can speak for himself, but your opinion of me and any other Rovers fan carries no merit whatsoever, as far as I'm concerned.
    I do not follow Rovers to get affirmation from other fans of my choice of team. I follow Rovers because they are my who I am.
    Whether you think that's good,bad or indifferent is of no value, to me anyway.

See you Tuesday.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    I wouldn't presume to speak for sbgawa, as I assume he can speak for himself, but your opinion of me and any other Rovers fan carries no merit whatsoever, as far as I'm concerned.
    I do not follow Rovers to get affirmation from other fans of my choice of team. I follow Rovers because they are my who I am.

See you Tuesday.
    Actually it's See you next Tuesday (week). Ahem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

See you Tuesday.
    So we're not friends then? 🙁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Would i be right in saying that the McAllister red and his suspension will be in the replay? (red carries to the competition you get it in?) He could still be suspended for 3 matches if the FAI disciplinary committee feel its warranted.
    Yes the suspension is for the next game of the same tournament unless you were knocked out in the game you were sent off in. Then it would be a league game you'd miss. At least that's my understanding of it.

Awful tackle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    A draw was a fair result. Disappointing by Dundalk in the second half but that's the way it goes.

Disgraceful tackle by McAllister. That was a straight red on its on. Shields may have been involved a few seconds earlier but it was more a shoulder/ barge at worst.

Decent match. Was mentioned above about possible merit of 10 team league, two good sides going at each other, if that is a sole reason for the benefit of a ten team league to raise the quality of the football it might be worthwhile. We'll have to see.

Dundalk will have no fears going to Tallaght on tues week but there is a sense of we let Rovers off the hook in the first half. Overall though, no complaints on the result.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    It was some wild celebrations from them when they equalised and at ft.
    Not just then, I've never seen a man of the match award celebrated so wildly than this evening. You'd swear Rovers had won their cup final.

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast