Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post

Would assume that dundalk will have too much for a toothless cork side in the final.
    Plenty assumed that a couple of weeks ago, and they needed a late goal to salvage a draw against a 'toothless' side...

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Clarke thought it was a rovers throw so went to take it. I donnell jumped on top of him and had his arms around his neck so Bradley's pushed him of clarke, he didn't try stop a quick throw.
    Are you justifying Bradley's behaviour?

Or maybe he is just leading by example?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Not justifying it, Bradley and o'donnell should have been sent off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Not justifying it, Bradley and o'donnell should have been sent off.
    I would have thought that Michael O'Connor with his two hands around Sean Gannon's throat was the clearest sending off offence.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    I think you might want to watch the incident again, O'Connor wasn't near Gannon.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Bradley reacted no differently to O'donnell attacking clarke than the dundalk bench reacted to Bradley pushing O'donnell but of course Dundalk cant do any wrong doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Great match would have been a great final.
    Dundalk have had a great season (would have been good even if they had lost last night) their season was affected early on by the loss of 3 key players from the previous season. Without the unbelievable start made by Cork they would probably have made up for the early start and won the league but were to far off the pace...
    From a Rovers perspective we had 15 new players this season and played like strangers for the first third of the season but from then on I think we have matched Dundalk and Cork (borne out by wins against each side) ...compared to last season when both teams were on a different planet from us.

What do the fans think of Bradley?
    Most of the Rovers supporters who sat through the hammerings meted out to us last season can see we are on the right track, This is his first full season as a manager but for fans who love the club it means almost as much to us to know the team are fighting for the club and the shirt, we haven't been able to say that for years. And that is down to him.
    I literally can't wait for next season and hope that its a 36 game season kicking off as soon as possible......late Jan ??
    Having played Dundalk 6 times this year 2 wins 2 losses 1 draw and 1 loss in extra time and Cork 4 times 2 losses 1 win and 1 win in extra time the idea of the ten team league and a minimum of 4 games against the top sides is starting to appeal more and more.
    Maguire is impossible to replace unless you get lucky and sign a guy who happens to hit form, Dundalk will be strong and I think we will also be stronger with the addition of 3 or 4 more players.....can't wait
    Hope its a good final and gets a decent crowd

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Bradley reacted no differently to O'donnell attacking clarke than the dundalk bench reacted to Bradley pushing O'donnell but of course Dundalk cant do any wrong doing.
    Your manager put his hands on one of our players!

He should get a large ban!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    You never know, he might winning the football equivalent of the lotto next season and get a Sean Maguire, like caulfield did.Then he might be proclaimed as a great manager
    Cracking game,in the windy conditions.
    Rovers missed a clinical striker like McMillan up front, and we have a $hite keeper.
    Cest la Vie.
    O'Donnell really should get his vertigo seen to. Its causing him to fall on the ground a lot.

Would assume that dundalk will have too much for a toothless cork side in the final.
    Haha, classic Rovers. Caulfield got his team to the cup final, without Seán Maguire. Bradley knocked his team out of it. But hey, continue as you are. The better you think he is, the longer contract he'll get, the better for the rest of us

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Your manager put his hands on one of our players!

Your player headbutted our manager!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Your player headbutted our manager!

Heard he took a s**t in his gear bag after the game, I'm sure you can confirm this?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Haha, classic Rovers. Caulfield got his team to the cup final, without Seán Maguire. Bradley knocked his team out of it. But hey, continue as you are. The better you think he is, the longer contract he'll get, the better for the rest of us
    The only team stopping Rovers getting to the final this year was the best team in the league.
    If you had a striker of note , I would say you could get at their weak link, in the final , which is their defence, but you have Sheppard. Best of luck with that.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Despite the BS being thrown back and forth the reality is the final is too close
    to call. Cork certainly aren't the same attacking threat without McGuire but they still have plenty of quality and work incredibly hard. They have had the better of us in the last year

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    It's Corks cup to loose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Odds out already Dundalk 1/2 Cork 6/4

A lot will obviously depend on the day who turns up etc, but maybe Dundalk are in better shape, much harder route to the final too, Derry and Rovers (twice), no long trip back from Russia this time, and Cork don't have Maguire.

Dlk prob justified as favs, but its all on the day. I'm just happy to be in the final to be perfectly honest.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Its a pity that at this stage of the season that a league and cup double isnt on the line for both sides in the run in to the final. Sparks would be flying!! I see Cork as favourites - champions elect and have a better head to head for over the season and even last season too. We are carrying a lot of injuries too. Until the league is oficially done and dusted I dont think SK will be resting players either. It would bug a few of the relegation battlers if he did start the fringe/youth players last game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    The only team stopping Rovers getting to the final this year was the best team in the league.
    If you had a striker of note , I would say you could get at their weak link, in the final , which is their defence, but you have Sheppard. Best of luck with that.
    Whatever helps you feel better about the loss. 6/4 is great odds for us, definitely on that. No fear at all of that Dundalk team. They haven't beaten us, or looked like doing so, in over a year. It'l be close and could easily go either way, but I'd say our lads will be delighted to be playing them again. Here's hoping for some good football, and our first double!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    6-4 is an extraordinary price on the league champions, against a team they've beaten 7 times in the last 9 meetings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    It will depend on injuries, will Sheilds/O'Donnell be available for example? And McEleney should surely be able to find some space on a pitch the size of Lansdowne road to finally play well against us. 6/4 is stupid though. I'd have Dundalk as marginal favourites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Please make it stop!!

"You're so good"

"No you're so good"

"Oh I wish there was some way we could both be favourites."

Of course dundalk are heavy favorites FFS.

cork have won six of their last twelve. They haven't beaten a top half team since they beat bray in the cup. And that's bray like, they don't really count.

Don't get me wrong while Brian Gartland is on the field cork will have a sporting chance. But of course anyone looking at it objectively would back dundalk.

Also shamrock fans please don't fall head over heels for bradser. He's not good enough. He will let you down. Save yourselves for someone who's worth it. x x

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast